• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rumor Mill

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sweet so more trades are coming for sure 100% maybe even a coach getting shit canned

I should probably add that, even though he didn't name names, there was a pretty clear call out of Clowe. He also said he won't trade picks, prospects, or young players for older rentals.

Just a side thought, with Ellis going down with injury I wonder if Wilson will deal Griess to the Canes once he healthy.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I should probably add that, even though he didn't name names, there was a pretty clear call out of Clowe. He also said he won't trade picks, prospects, or young players for older rentals.

Just a side thought, with Ellis going down with injury I wonder if Wilson will deal Griess to the Canes once he healthy.

I dunno seeing how Stalock has done nothing but open the gate since he's been up i dont see him dealing Griess. I guess Peters isnt cutting it in Carolina then?

Clowe is as good as gone, I hope my pretend deal involving inginla comes true lol

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dunno seeing how Stalock has done nothing but open the gate since he's been up i dont see him dealing Griess. I guess Peters isnt cutting it in Carolina then?

Clowe is as good as gone, I hope my pretend deal involving inginla comes true lol

Why would you want Inginla on a team trying to get younger & faster?? No way man... Send him to Chicago where he's rumored to be going...

Clowe for hagelin, read or couturier or a to a team thatll have a top 10 1st round pick...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
clowe to any team with a 1st rounder is fine with me, even if it's a 20-30 pick. My hope my be that they could get a 1st plus something, even another later pick in next year's draft too. I dont really care where he goes, but I just want picks, prospects, or sub 24 year olds coming back.

I think dougie is finally getting the message that old slow guys arent gunna get it done now. The fact that dougie said flat out that a rental wont happen clearly shows that he knows the farm is thin and he knows they need to get younger. It's nice to see him finally figure that out. I would doubt that there will be any other deals other than clowe, but zues could be shipped too. I would love if they could get something of value (say a 2nd rounder) for him too. That would give them 5 picks in the top 60, which could have them completely restocked immediately.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clowe to any team with a 1st rounder is fine with me, even if it's a 20-30 pick. My hope my be that they could get a 1st plus something, even another later pick in next year's draft too. I dont really care where he goes, but I just want picks, prospects, or sub 24 year olds coming back.

I think dougie is finally getting the message that old slow guys arent gunna get it done now. The fact that dougie said flat out that a rental wont happen clearly shows that he knows the farm is thin and he knows they need to get younger. It's nice to see him finally figure that out. I would doubt that there will be any other deals other than clowe, but zues could be shipped too. I would love if they could get something of value (say a 2nd rounder) for him too. That would give them 5 picks in the top 60, which could have them completely restocked immediately.

It would be great to get anything for Handzus. He is still solid on faceoffs, can center a 4th line and brings a veteran with plenty of playoff experience. Maybe a late pick for him. You gotta think Clowe should bring a nice return. I understand the Morrow comparisons, but Morrow is breaking down, is 4 years older and while he has 6 goals to Clowe's 0, he is shooting 20% to get those 6 goals. I think a 1st+ is likely and as a fan I'd be happy with that.

I gotta say to that I'm glad DW said that about the rentals. I unfortunately saw the facebook reaction to the Murray trade and I think there are just too many fans in San Jose who just don't understand hockey. I would say it was 80% negative about the trade and clamoring for players to help now. I know we won't see a full rebuild, but this trade is a good change from the past.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're going to see that type of reaction any time a fan favorite is traded. Those are the fans who cheer for the team but don't follow the game if you know what I mean.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jussi Jokinen on waivers from Carolina

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jussi Jokinen on waivers from Carolina

If he were a UFA after this season I'd say, yes, but one more year at $3.0m is tough to take if he doesn't work out.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very pleased with what Morrow was able to fetch. I hope GMs look more at Clowe's past three season than this one.

So what happens if the Sharks go on a mini winning streak? Does that completely change Doug's outlook towards the trade deadline? In a way, it shouldn't. He needs to look big picture. There's still one more thing he can do as a last ditch effort to bring some life back into the offense, and it doesn't involve trading anybody.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm very pleased with what Morrow was able to fetch. I hope GMs look more at Clowe's past three season than this one.

So what happens if the Sharks go on a mini winning streak? Does that completely change Doug's outlook towards the trade deadline? In a way, it shouldn't. He needs to look big picture. There's still one more thing he can do as a last ditch effort to bring some life back into the offense, and it doesn't involve trading anybody.

Unfortunately, after seeing his comments regarding the deadline, I think he is definitely waiting to see how the team plays these next 4 games before deciding to make any more deals.
I do feel better knowing he isn't after any rentals.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clowe is gone, I just don't see him staying they need production from that spot in the line up. It's what they get in return that matters

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say no on Jussi also (because of next year's pay, like Cmon said) but otherwise, he'd be a huge upgrade to Clowe, even as shitty as he's been since last year.

I don't think he'll be available at #15 or wherever the Sharks are in waiver priority anyway but otherwise, I'd like him just to put on a line with Logan for the... ready for it? ... "Jussi Couture" line! Duh!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say no on Jussi also (because of next year's pay, like Cmon said) but otherwise, he'd be a huge upgrade to Clowe, even as shitty as he's been since last year.

I don't think he'll be available at #15 or wherever the Sharks are in waiver priority anyway but otherwise, I'd like him just to put on a line with Logan for the... ready for it? ... "Jussi Couture" line! Duh!

That alone is worth the pickup. :lol:

I have no idea how much his play has dropped off, but $3 is nothing since Boyle and Clowe may be off the team. Sheppard and Demers are the only notable FAs after this season.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: possible trade options, maybe?

Ales Hemsky #83 - RW

Edmonton

Lee Stempniak #22 - RW

Calgary

Milan Hejduk #23 - RW

Colorado

Ray Whitney #13 - LW

Dallas

Jason Pominville #29 - RW

Buffalo

Lubomir Visnovsky #11 - D

NY Islanders

Kimmo Timonen #44 - D

Philadelphia

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:think: possible trade options, maybe?

Ales Hemsky #83 - RW
Edmonton
Ummm Noooo

Lee Stempniak #22 - RW
Calgary
Really?? nooo...

Milan Hejduk #23 - RW
Colorado
We want young rebuild - NO!

Ray Whitney #13 - LW
Dallas
Last offseason FUCK YEAH!! Current blow up the team, NOOOOOO get on the page of REBUILD

Jason Pominville #29 - RW
Buffalo
Nope...

Lubomir Visnovsky #11 - D
NY Islanders
We dont need Dmen... seriously?

Kimmo Timonen #44 - D
Philadelphia
Come on... NO DMEN

Edited for reality... Not one player mentioned even makes my pecker slightly move... In fact in makes it get smaller and implode into my body if we made a trade for any of these players...