• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rockets Will Be An Elite Team Next Year, IMO

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAC has had more talent than Houston and they still struggled to make it out of the 2nd round. Now with Doc Rivers they are a lot more formidable, if you don't have at least OKC and LAC in front of them then you are living in a fantasy land! OKC beat Houston with just Durant. Let alone all the other top teams in the West.

OKC went 2-2 with out Russell.

LAC have high light reel players, not necessarily win in playoffs players as evidenced by their coverage on ESPN despite their lack of progression in the playoffs. I do think Doc will change a lot of that. If you notice I kind of insinuated that LAC were slightly ahead of the Rockets. This is completely due to acquiring Doc and already having the players in place.

Howard is a huge acquisition.

I do have OKC some where in the 3 or 4 seed because of Westbrooks injury. I expect him to be back at full strength but you never know, plus they lost another piece this off season.

GSW picked up another piece and imo a very important one, they added some defense to aid their brutal perimeter shooting and decent inside presence.

All that being said I can not totally disagree with anyone saying that any of the following will be the #1 to 5 seed: OKC, GSW (well maybe them at the 1 or 2 :D), LAC, HOU or SA.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and totally forgot GSW, 4 way log jam at the top, I will give OKC the edge over GSW due to them gaining the least this off season of the other 2.
GSW ain't getting a top 4 seed. Their main star seems to have ankles made of paper towels and I doubt he plays all 82 games. The team goes as he goes. OKC missed an opportunity to play their rookies and draft picks last year after they traded Harden. Lamb should have gotten more time to see what he could do. Plus Durant is more or less a glorified jump shooter and it really showed when Westbrook went down. I see Houston, OKC and the Spurs battling out for the top spot. Memphis lost Hollins and will have an entire year without Rudy Gay, Denver............even their players doubt they will win 50 games this year...........Houston will be top 3 easily.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to do that bet with anyone. Any takers?