• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rockets Will Be An Elite Team Next Year, IMO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They have Harden, Lin, Chandler Parsons, and of course they added Dwight Howard. Also, I read on the ESPN bottom-line that during the preseason they're going to play Dwight Howard at power forward while keeping Asik as the center. Their front line would be AMAZING if they did that during the regular season, IMO. Two guys who will probably both average double digit rebounds, and a GREAT shot blocker in Howard and a pretty good shot blocker in Asik. If I remember correctly, the Rockets averaged almost as many points per game as the Thunder and now Dwight Howard is going to substantially help out their defense.

I see the Rockets as championship contenders this year. I might even jump on their bandwagon.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be lucky to make it out of round 2

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annnnnnd Harden can sing during halftime performances. Win win.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a horrible, slow point guard who regularly airballs 3s on a team that needs good, fast PG and needs to nail 3s from Howard double teams.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it.

Howard is no longer the player he once was..... don't discount the injury which has left him a lesser player

Plus, they play a "somewhat similar" system to the Lakers which Howard hated.

In fact, the diffrences of the Houston system make it a worse fit for Howard's game style.

Is he going to come into Houston and demand Harden plays his system as well (re: Kobe)??

They will be lucky to be a 4 seed. Although I am not sure they are better than both Memphis/Clippers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it.

Howard is no longer the player he once was..... don't discount the injury which has left him a lesser player

Plus, they play a "somewhat similar" system to the Lakers which Howard hated.

In fact, the diffrences of the Houston system make it a worse fit for Howard's game style.

Is he going to come into Houston and demand Harden plays his system as well (re: Kobe)??

They will be lucky to be a 4 seed. Although I am not sure they are better than both Memphis/Clippers.

Howard never was the player people thought he was - Don't forget that Shaq Oneal said he was not a legitimate center and was not that great long before Dwight ever came to the Lakers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He is a horrible, slow point guard who regularly airballs 3s on a team that needs good, fast PG and needs to nail 3s from Howard double teams.

Good point about needing more 3 point shooting. Off the top of my head, James Harden is the only Rocket I can think of who's impressive from 3 point land. I agree with you that the Howard acquisition would be even better if Houston had more 3 point threats.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Harden, Lin, Chandler Parsons, and of course they added Dwight Howard. Also, I read on the ESPN bottom-line that during the preseason they're going to play Dwight Howard at power forward while keeping Asik as the center. Their front line would be AMAZING if they did that during the regular season, IMO. Two guys who will probably both average double digit rebounds, and a GREAT shot blocker in Howard and a pretty good shot blocker in Asik. If I remember correctly, the Rockets averaged almost as many points per game as the Thunder and now Dwight Howard is going to substantially help out their defense.

I see the Rockets as championship contenders this year. I might even jump on their bandwagon.

...Or, you could just jump on the Nuggets "bandwagon" like I just did. :lol:
We don't have egos, we just specialize in playing the best team basketball of my lifetime. If Iggy, Corey Brewer, and George Karl truly believe they're better off somewhere else, that their problem and only their problem.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Or, you could just jump on the Nuggets "bandwagon" like I just did. :lol:
We don't have egos, we just specialize in playing the best team basketball of my lifetime. If Iggy, Corey Brewer, and George Karl truly believe they're better off somewhere else, that their problem and only their problem.

George Karl was fired.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point about needing more 3 point shooting. Off the top of my head, James Harden is the only Rocket I can think of who's impressive from 3 point land. I agree with you that the Howard acquisition would be even better if Houston had more 3 point threats.

Chandler Parsons, Fransisco Garcia, and Aaron Brooks can all shoot the 3 good as well. I'm pretty sure Patrick Beverly will be working on it all offseason, too.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Houston doesn't at least win the West then they need to fire their coach. No excuses with Harden and Howard.