• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rockets Will Be An Elite Team Next Year, IMO

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden will help the Rockets more than the over-publicized head case Howard will.

If you don't mind my repeating things I've said elsewhere, Harden understands the game so much better than Howard it doesn't matter at all that Howard's taller and has broader shoulders.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden will help the Rockets more than the over-publicized head case Howard will.

If you don't mind my repeating things I've said elsewhere, Harden understands the game so much better than Howard it doesn't matter at all that Howard's taller and has broader shoulders.

I think the two of them will really be a team and play well, both are young and have a good ball iq, but Jeremy Lin was just one lucky bastard in New York and is not that talented and in fact might not be even as good as Smush Parker. The Houston will go to the playoffs and might get to the second round, but honestly if the Lakers are healthy, even they should be able to beat them in the second round and so can the Spurs, The Clippers, The Grizzlies and Oklahoma. There is a lot of talent ahead of them. They do not have enough to be taken seriously

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard is an egomaniacal ball hog who will damage the offense of any team he plays for.

Harden is the antithesis of a ball hog who will get the ball to any teammate who gets open.
Whether or not that teammate gets more publicity than he does.

To summarize:

Howard = selfish bleep who is quite rightly hated by his teammates.

Harden = the kind of TEAM PLAYER necessary to championship teams.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard is an egomaniacal ball hog who will damage the offense of any team he plays for.

Harden is the antithesis of a ball hog who will get the ball to any teammate who gets open.
Whether or not that teammate gets more publicity than he does.

To summarize:

Howard = selfish bleep who is quite rightly hated by his teammates.

Harden = the kind of TEAM PLAYER necessary to championship teams.

That would explain why he was not willing to co-exist with Kobe Bryant. Two cannot walk together except they are in agreement - WORD

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time selling and unselling the Rockets. Of course Dwight added a ton to the roster and if they run him at the 4 with Asik at the 5 I think that would be a really good idea for them.

My biggest reason for not selling them is I think they will gel much better than LA. Their only hurdle is getting Dwight to play 4 and Asik at the 5 imo.

In LA it was a bunch of mismatched pieces and a horrible coach and then add Kobe.

Plus, they play a "somewhat similar" system to the Lakers which Howard hated.

Dwight didnt hate the system, he hated Kobe and being surrounded by a ton of really old talent and the idea that the entire team was unknown after this year.

...Or, you could just jump on the Nuggets "bandwagon" like I just did. :lol:
We don't have egos, we just specialize in playing the best team basketball of my lifetime. If Iggy, Corey Brewer, and George Karl truly believe they're better off somewhere else, that their problem and only their problem.

Pretty sure it is the franchises problem if they can not acquire and keep talent.

I think the two of them will really be a team and play well, both are young and have a good ball iq, but Jeremy Lin was just one lucky bastard in New York and is not that talented and in fact might not be even as good as Smush Parker. The Houston will go to the playoffs and might get to the second round, but honestly if the Lakers are healthy, even they should be able to beat them in the second round and so can the Spurs, The Clippers, The Grizzlies and Oklahoma. There is a lot of talent ahead of them. They do not have enough to be taken seriously

BINGO

I do think they can be taken seriously and they will make it to the 2nd round, maybe to the WCF.

Even though they would have a huge advantage inside vs Miami I would pick Miami because Miami will destroy their perimeter players. Same with Indy.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles is a difficult place to play for an NBA player and requires players that are mentally and physically tough. If the players don't do well, they will be critiqued and put on the spot in front everyone. Dwight Howard clearly is mentally weak and wanted a smaller town with less people

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a horrible, slow point guard who regularly airballs 3s on a team that needs good, fast PG and needs to nail 3s from Howard double teams.

Not sure if srs about being a slow PG. I heard he has the est coast to coast sprint than any other nBa guard

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if srs about being a slow PG. I heard he has the est coast to coast sprint than any other nBa guard

Russell Westbrook begs to differ. He ran circles around Lin in that 1st round series.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure it is the franchises problem if they can not acquire and keep talent.

LOL Iggy and Carmelo thought they were special enough to be part of a "superteam", and it won't work for them. Except for Iggy, the Nuggets haven't had any problem hanging on to talent brought in by their newest ownership. Even Wilson Chandler didn't want to be here at first but he had a change of heart after playing a half season overseas. Like I said, these Nuggets don't take egos.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles is a difficult place to play for an NBA player and requires players that are mentally and physically tough. If the players don't do well, they will be critiqued and put on the spot in front everyone. Dwight Howard clearly is mentally weak and wanted a smaller town with less people

That, or you know, he wanted to be on a competitive team.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that's overblown IMO

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Total garbage.

Remember the sign and trade chatter to the Clippers?
You don't think Howard would have played there?

He didn't want to play with Kobe. He didn't want to play for Dantoni.

He wanted to play with a team he felt could compete from day 1 and see a vision for the future.

The Lakers couldn't/ didn't offer that.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turn up the truth hurts bomb

#jack should have taught you how to handle it

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have the potential to be elite, but it's too early to call. I think they should try to start both Howard and Asik, not sure that would work. Neither are a 4, but Howard is athletic enough to play the 4, maybe. I mean Hoard and Harden is going to be tough to stop and Parsons and Lin aren't bums. Although the way Howard acts, I gotta see it before I can say the Rockets are elite. We all thought LA would be elite.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total garbage.

Remember the sign and trade chatter to the Clippers?
You don't think Howard would have played there?

He didn't want to play with Kobe. He didn't want to play for Dantoni.

He wanted to play with a team he felt could compete from day 1 and see a vision for the future.

The Lakers couldn't/ didn't offer that.

This sums it up. He didn't want to play with Kobe or deal with Dantoni's offense.