• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Pats penalty for deflategate.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has he handled it that he needs to be punished. He spent 5 hours basically being diposed. What constitutes enough from your perspective?

TB knows damn well what was going on with the footballs...own it and move on...I'd doubt seriously that he felt he was gaining any kind of advantage over the other team...he wants his footballs at a certain air pressure and he asked for it...according to the NFL, he went over the line....own it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB knows damn well what was going on with the footballs...own it and move on...I'd doubt seriously that he felt he was gaining any kind of advantage over the other team...he wants his footballs at a certain air pressure and he asked for it...according to the NFL, he went over the line....own it.

Possibly, but we actually don't even know that. The league, via their own admission, is speculating that he had the balls tampered with.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, but we actually don't even know that. The league, via their own admission, is speculating that he had the balls tampered with.

Legal ease...obviously the Wells report steered clear of directly implicating Brady while at the same time pointing the finger at him.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legal ease...obviously the Wells report steered clear of directly implicating Brady while at the same time pointing the finger at him.

They steered clear of it because they admit they were unable to find any actual evidence he violated the rules regarding game balls.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They steered clear of it because they admit they were unable to find any actual evidence he violated the rules regarding game balls.

In a nutshell...the report appeals to the common sense level. In the minds of average Joe fans...Brady wanted his footballs a certain air pressure, lower than allowed by the league and he got busted.

You have hardcore NE fans that want or need more proof to determine if he did anything wrong...I get it...the reality is...even those like me who think he asked for the balls at said pressure...this isn't a big deal. He's still Tom Terrific, 1st ballot HOF to be QB imo.

Lying about it to protect your image, etc...that's the bigger deal here.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a nutshell...the report appeals to the common sense level. In the minds of average Joe fans...Brady wanted his footballs a certain air pressure, lower than allowed by the league and he got busted.

You have hardcore NE fans that want or need more proof to determine if he did anything wrong...I get it...the reality is...even those like me who think he asked for the balls at said pressure...this isn't a big deal. He's still Tom Terrific, 1st ballot HOF to be QB imo.

Lying about it to protect your image, etc...that's the bigger deal here.

Fair enough. :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another person who hasn't actually read the report.

Yet again, the team, BB, and Kraft were all cleared. So why punish them?
Kraft said everyone with the Patriots would be totally compliant. The report states that Brady and the ball boys were not. That's Kraft's responsibility. We'll see when the ruling comes down. You are in for a big surprise

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft said everyone with the Patriots would be totally compliant. The report states that Brady and the ball boys were not. That's Kraft's responsibility. We'll see when the ruling comes down. You are in for a big surprise

Ummm no that's not what happened. Everyone was made available to the investigators and everyone sat and answered questions.

What was refused was TB12 giving up his personal cell phone to the investigators, and there could be a legal fight coming on that subject if he is punished for it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They steered clear because it was a lawyer creating the document and did so under the specific and direct criteria he was tasked to do so under.

If you are asked to tell us whether or not an event happened to the degree of proof we require or failed to meet it, you can ALWAYS expect a lawyer to either summarize that this did not meet that burden or it did.

The specific language used mirrored the exact language asked of them.

Your fans can keep on suggesting that language in fact proves there wasn't any kind of smoking gun, but in this case no gun was asked for.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm no that's not what happened. Everyone was made available to the investigators and everyone sat and answered questions.

What was refused was TB12 giving up his personal cell phone to the investigators, and there could be a legal fight coming on that subject if he is punished for it.
It's going to be so funny....will simply wait to bump this post when Brady is out till late October

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't think he loses any games. I think they fine him with a hefty fine and call it a day.

Hefty. Can he still pull it out of his back pocket kind of fine? lol

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say the league gives them what they want. The Patriots get to play with a completely flat ball next season.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you actually think the NFL is going to suspend him in the neighborhood of 6 games and it will stand after the ensuing legal battle begins?:pound::pound::pound:
What do you believe he'll get then? I'm sure the answer is the league will give him a SB in 2016 for all the inconvenience and free beer to you for defending him....haha!

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you actually think the NFL is going to suspend him in the neighborhood of 6 games and it will stand after the ensuing legal battle begins?:pound::pound::pound:

Why not? My QB got 6 games off for messing with a drunken coed in the offseason. He didn't corrupt an actual game, let alone a conference championship.