• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Pats penalty for deflategate.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Hope this answers your question:

In a memo to NFL head coaches and general managers on Sept. 6, 2006, NFL executive vice president of football operations Ray Anderson wrote: "Videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

And it was handled how?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it was handled how?

Oh and by the way, that memo quoted the rule incorrectly, and if it was for a rule change the person that sent it had not authority to do so.

They still film the opposing teams signals by the way. Come to Gillette and I'll show you were they now do it form, and the league knows.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the memo said,

“Videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game.”

What the rule actually stated at that time,

“No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches’ booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game.”

Just like this story, it was an overblown media story, and a complete botch handling job by the league office.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you people act like its a court of law .. its not ... they can do what they want the nfl is a private company ..what dont you all get ? .. they got him for lying and not cooperating thats gonna be in the nfl contract ..

the nfl would've had to break the contract between the nfl and the players union . hint hint the reason gee had to go and make amends for some of the shit he was talking about the union . if a rule was broken or never used before then it comes down to a 3 panel arb board appointed so it's 1 independent 1 union and 1 owners . the union and owners will be given a list of maybe say 10 and they have to agree on 1 for the independent . it takes a long time back in the day to do all this and most of the time we would just meet in the middle . labor laws are pretty bad . it would be hard to prove that the nfl did this to him for bring a white boy .

petemily

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to think that Kraft was most likely unaware of the slight of hand that had been going on with his team but the more he blusters in an attempt to defend their actions, the more I think that he probably did know what was going on. I know that Slick Willy had to know what was happening and how he avoided being suspended is beyond me. Payton was suspended for a year even though it was proven he knew nothing about Bounty Gate. For this reason along, the Patriots got off too easy.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Wells report even with it's flaws was able to make a solid case that Brady knew more than he said he did. So for that a suspension of some sort was probably in order.

1, 2 max.

4 is excessive particularly since the non-cooperation clause is completely arbitrary and capricious.

Considering that the only news about Deflategate was due to leaks to the press I wouldn't trust NFL with a supermarket list. And yeah I do believe that Well's priority was to make a case for the NFL.

Same for the 1 million fine and loss of 2 draft pick. Excessive.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like this story, it was an overblown media story, and a complete botch handling job by the league office.

You live with a lot of denial...

Explain the following comments from Kraft recently regarding Spygate and why Patriots employee was kicked out of Lambeau Field in 2006 for illegally taping.

"There was no dispute about the facts," he said. "The team admittedly said what happened ... It was illegal to videotape and in the end we admitted it and took our penance. This is very different. In 2007, we did something and acknowledged the fact of what was done."

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You live with a lot of denial...

Explain the following comments from Kraft recently regarding Spygate and why Patriots employee was kicked out of Lambeau Field in 2006 for illegally taping.

"There was no dispute about the facts," he said. "The team admittedly said what happened ... It was illegal to videotape and in the end we admitted it and took our penance. This is very different. In 2007, we did something and acknowledged the fact of what was done."

You'll have to ask him. They were actually punished for filming from an unapproved location. To this day it's still legal to film the opposing teams sidelines, and like I said come to Gillette and I'll show you were they do it from now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think it will be? I know most feel it will be a slap on the wrist. I don't. The NFL has taken it sweet time investigating this. Most think it is because they think the NFL didn't want to take away from the SB or draft. I think it's because Goodell is about about to lay the hammer on the Pats and wanted to cross his Ts and dot his i.
Goodell is getting ready to take away Krafts clout in the league. With good reason, Kraft has been using his position has pay master to lead Goodell around by his nose, but this time he over stepped. Brady out right cheated. He pressured the equipment folks to actually let air out of ball after they were checked. That's pretty damning and then Kraft has the balls to complain in public?

The hammer is coming down.

Brady suspended for the year.
Pats lose a first round draft picked and are fined.
Kraft gets kicked off the committee that decides Goodell pay.

Well I wasn't on the money, but not that far off.:D