• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Pats penalty for deflategate.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom should a just admitted it from the start... Qb's know dam well how the football's feel, their is no way he didn't know... That being said, I don't think the NFL is gonna come down super hard... I mean it's not like he was paying off refs or something, it's air pressure in a football ... I don't feel cheated, we lost fair and square.... I think the Colts and Ravens have an argument though... Clearly a deflated ball is harder too fumble and easier too catch...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't think he loses any games. I think they fine him with a hefty fine and call it a day.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. IF Brady did it, he could have ended this really quick. All he would have to say was "Yes I like my balls at 12.5 and sometime I ask the guys to go a little lighter to see if they slip pass the officials. Sometimes it works and other times it does not. Its my fault, and it wont happen again." Boom 25,000 fine....end of story. TB gets ripped for cheating then wins the SB with proper balls.

So what is the NFL suspending him for? Wanting the balls lower that 12.5 or lying about it? I guess we will find out what the NFL and NFLPA think about Brady. It has sense came out that he spent the entire day with 4 lawyers getting interviewed, his lawyer have everything written down, and they all went through his cell phone and he did show them what they wanted to see. As for turning it over, no one in their right mind would turn over their personal cell phone to the NFL who leaks shit at will, fuck that. After all the leaks we heard for the past 4 months, it hard to believe anything they tell you.

Maybe suspending BB for a few games in not that bad, might knock that arrogant chip off his shoulder. Then it will give him more time to find loopholes that the NFL will have to close next yr. Then again who wants their coach following around footballs before a game? Not me.

You can get rid of Kraft for as long as you want...Guy pisses me off....We can let his prick Son take over that height chair he sits in during the game.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom should a just admitted it from the start... Qb's know dam well how the football's feel, their is no way he didn't know... That being said, I don't think the NFL is gonna come down super hard... I mean it's not like he was paying off refs or something, it's air pressure in a football ... I don't feel cheated, we lost fair and square.... I think the Colts and Ravens have an argument though... Clearly a deflated ball is harder too fumble and easier too catch...

Yep, yep, He should have said, "Yes I definitely like my football inflated at the lowest level possible, WITHIN THE LIMITS, and I tell my ball handlers that."

"But I would never tell them to break the rules."

But he tried to BS his way through it with a smile and a joke. I guess because that's worked well in the past.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. IF Brady did it, he could have ended this really quick. All he would have to say was "Yes I like my balls at 12.5 and sometime I ask the guys to go a little lighter to see if they slip pass the officials. Sometimes it works and other times it does not. Its my fault, and it wont happen again." Boom 25,000 fine....end of story. TB gets ripped for cheating then wins the SB with proper balls.

Yep. Pay the $2 fine.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone in these boards read?

The Wells report exonerates the team and Belichick. It says outright that Belichick was not involved and that the management had no part in anything. Goodell can't touch either.

There is no proof or evidence that directly ties Brady to anything.....only circumstantial emails between two ball guys......an ass't. equipment manager and a part time ball attendant.

All you Patriot and Brady haters want a death penalty. You think Brady and his multi-billionaire wife are just sitting back waiting for Roger to decide what he wants to do? My guess is that there's a legal team putting together their client's defense and a lawsuit against Goodell and others.

As I've previously stated.......the NFL commissioned an investigation of the Patriots, not of the entire league's handling of footballs. That immediately says that Ted Wells was commissioned to dig up dirt on the Patriots. After 4 months of investigating and millions of dollars spent, Goodell didn't get what he wanted so he made sure that the report "implicated" Tom Brady. You get what you pay for and in this case, less........

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Wells report exonerates the team and Belichick. It says outright that Belichick was not involved and that the management had no part in anything. Goodell can't touch either.

There is no proof or evidence that directly ties Brady to anything.....only circumstantial emails between two ball guys......an ass't. equipment manager and a part time ball attendant.

All you Patriot and Brady haters want a death penalty. You think Brady and his multi-billionaire wife are just sitting back waiting for Roger to decide what he wants to do? My guess is that there's a legal team putting together their client's defense and a lawsuit against Goodell and others.

As I've previously stated.......the NFL commissioned an investigation of the Patriots, not of the entire league's handling of footballs. That immediately says that Ted Wells was commissioned to dig up dirt on the Patriots. After 4 months of investigating and millions of dollars spent, Goodell didn't get what he wanted so he made sure that the report "implicated" Tom Brady. You get what you pay for and in this case, less........

These are your NFL champions: incredibly sneaky, deceptively coached and very comfortable crossing lines that other franchises wouldn't dare cross. The Patriots cheat. It's just what they do.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't bother to read the entire report...but, from what I did read, he stops short of 100% implicating TB, but it's damning enough for the average Joe to believe that TB did wrong here.

I think he should get a game suspension...at most 2. Pats should lose a pick here as well...5th or 6th round. Kraft booted from competition committee permanently.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't bother to read the entire report...but, from what I did read, he stops short of 100% implicating TB, but it's damning enough for the average Joe to believe that TB did wrong here.

I think he should get a game suspension...at most 2. Pats should lose a pick here as well...5th or 6th round. Kraft booted from competition committee permanently.

You clearly didn't read the report. It completely clears Kraft so why should he be booted from anything?

Oh and I don't think he is actually a member of that committee.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 games for Brady, $500,000 fine to the Pats, lose their 2016 1st round pick

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 games for Brady, $500,000 fine to the Pats, lose their 2016 1st round pick

Another person who hasn't actually read the report.

Yet again, the team, BB, and Kraft were all cleared. So why punish them?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly didn't read the report. It completely clears Kraft so why should he be booted from anything?

Oh and I don't think he is actually a member of that committee.

It doesn't need to...my opinion on the seriousness of deflategate is it was a minor infraction...the effort to come out looking clean warrants punishment more than the bad deed itself.

Kraft...the Pats have been on the edge in terms competing within a level playing field...you should not be part of the competition committee with multiple infractions from your own team. If he's not on the committee...good.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I don't think so, because if the equipment guys' texts and whatnot came out after Goodell said there's nothing to warrant an investigation, it would have looked even (arguably) worse than the NFL's handling of the Ray Rice deal. I think he had to do SOMETHING, but will try to minimize damage now. Imagine the coverage if Brady is suspended for the first game of the year, the NFL's "highlight" piece. But, I really dunno, we're all guessing here.:noidea:

didn't think of it like that. Very good point. It makes sense that he might actually do what you say. Though with the league (at least trying to) be "tough" they might make an example out of the Patriots.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't need to...my opinion on the seriousness of deflategate is it was a minor infraction...the effort to come out looking clean warrants punishment more than the bad deed itself.

Kraft...the Pats have been on the edge in terms competing within a level playing field...you should not be part of the competition committee with multiple infractions from your own team. If he's not on the committee...good.

It's typically coaches and managers. I don't believe owners are even allowed.

And since every team has a history of infractions using your way of thinking there wouldn't be anyone available to be a member.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what is the NFL suspending him for? Wanting the balls lower that 12.5 or lying about it? I guess we will find out what the NFL and NFLPA think about Brady. It has sense came out that he spent the entire day with 4 lawyers getting interviewed, his lawyer have everything written down, and they all went through his cell phone and he did show them what they wanted to see. As for turning it over, no one in their right mind would turn over their personal cell phone to the NFL who leaks shit at will, fuck that. After all the leaks we heard for the past 4 months, it hard to believe anything they tell you.

Maybe suspending BB for a few games in not that bad, might knock that arrogant chip off his shoulder. Then it will give him more time to find loopholes that the NFL will have to close next yr. Then again who wants their coach following around footballs before a game? Not me.

You can get rid of Kraft for as long as you want...Guy pisses me off....We can let his prick Son take over that height chair he sits in during the game.

Spot on!

TB needs to get nailed for how he's handled this more than anything.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on!

TB needs to get nailed for how he's handled this more than anything.

How has he handled it that he needs to be punished. He spent 5 hours basically being diposed. What constitutes enough from your perspective?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's typically coaches and managers. I don't believe owners are even allowed.

And since every team has a history of infractions using your way of thinking there wouldn't be anyone available to be a member.

Yeah...every team has bent the rules, but being totally honest...it's been more of a pattern in NE.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can YOU read?

Sean Payton was suspended for a full year despite having zero proof of any wrong doing, nor any knowledge of wrong doing because Goodell said as the HC it's his job to know. If that applied to him, it DAMN sure applies here.

However, in this case there is a long history of either cheating or at least trying to push the rules. There are rules in place to punish teams that don't knock that shit off.

I don't think anyone knows for sure what the league will do to the team/BB/Kraft over this, but there sure is precedent to do so.

Given recent penalties for things like sending texts to the sideline during games and pumping in noise there is little doubt the minimum expected for Brady is 4 games and a fine. Anything less than that and the other 31 teams are going to simply blow up.