• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do ASU fans think about their AD leaving at this time? I mean you finally get your football team on a bit of a roll and now this distraction. They do have a history of late season melt downs and now there will be questions and speculations about not only the AD, but possibly (doubt it, but will still be discussed) the HC leaving as well. Do you need these distractions going into the last 4 weeks of the season when you are fighting for the win in the south?

Were use to it. I'm young but I can remember Cooper leaving for Ohio State. While he was doing great at Arizona State. Funny he could never beat the rivals school Uofa would beat us while Cooper was here and Ohio State couldn't beat Michigan when Cooper was at Ohio State anyway. It seems like Big 10, Big 12, SEC programs always prey and wait until one of our athletic directors show that there for real. Then programs like Texas scoop them up. He originally declined the offer. I don't know I guess me and other ASU fans are use to it. Its kind of basically saying Texas is 10x better than ASU will ever be. It really does hurt.

The good news: Patterson wasn't getting anywhere near building the stadium, maybe we can hire someone who knows what there doing. Also we can say by to that Canopy design hopefully.

Herb Sendek another ASU basketball coach bust will get canned. Hopefully even if ASU makes the tourney Jahii is the reason we would make it not Sendek.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think not only the contract extension will keep Graham here, but also his reputation he cant afford to leave even if its a Texas job hes left to many programs to quickly and if he pulled a fast one on ASU and left for Texas what would Texas alums think of that?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do ASU fans think about their AD leaving at this time? I mean you finally get your football team on a bit of a roll and now this distraction. They do have a history of late season melt downs and now there will be questions and speculations about not only the AD, but possibly (doubt it, but will still be discussed) the HC leaving as well. Do you need these distractions going into the last 4 weeks of the season when you are fighting for the win in the south?

I wouldn't be concerned about the last four weeks. Certainly if he is offered the Texas job, he will go and he'd be a fool not to. If Graham were offered the Texas job, in spite of all he's said, he'd be a fool not to accept. What Graham has accomplished in such a short time is bound to draw attention. The departures of both will once again set back the program significantly, especially the possible effects on what should be a top twenty-five class. But I guess what Texas wants, Texas gets. We're talking about professionals advancing their careers here and, while I hope Graham stays, I would wish them all the best. I will hate them when they get there. Unfortunately, IMO, our program had not matured enough to survive major changes yet.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Stanford boys! You so gonna lo-o-o-o-o-s-s-s-s-s-s-e-e-e-e-e-e!!!!!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wattup, Mamba?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be concerned about the last four weeks. Certainly if he is offered the Texas job, he will go and he'd be a fool not to. If Graham were offered the Texas job, in spite of all he's said, he'd be a fool not to accept. What Graham has accomplished in such a short time is bound to draw attention. The departures of both will once again set back the program significantly, especially the possible effects on what should be a top twenty-five class. But I guess what Texas wants, Texas gets. We're talking about professionals advancing their careers here and, while I hope Graham stays, I would wish them all the best. I will hate them when they get there. Unfortunately, IMO, our program had not matured enough to survive major changes yet.

Can he afford to leave though? Not only having to pay ASU a lot of your salary back. But it also seems like it would hurt his reputation in my opinion he cant afford to leave this early. He needs to wait a couple more years.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was what I was thinking about your AD leaving and at least the rumors now that Graham might follow him and how it will impact the rest of the year and the current recruiting cycle. For this year having every press conference asking questions about Texas while you are in a run to the CCG can't help. It just can't. And how many commits will now explore their other options just knowing there could be a complete overturn of the coaching staff. Really not an overall good day for the devils.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game of week: Pick final score

Oregon 35 @ Stanford 21

Saturday

Colorado @ Washington -28 1/2

Arizona State @ Utah +7 1/2

Southern California @ California +17 1/2

UCLA @ Arizona +1 1/2

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he afford to leave though? Not only having to pay ASU a lot of your salary back. But it also seems like it would hurt his reputation in my opinion he cant afford to leave this early. He needs to wait a couple more years.

As you mentioned, when tOSU called, Cooper heard them. If Texas calls, forget all the promises. Lets face it, Texas is a great career move, just like tOSU was. Can't be mad at Graham. Lets hope Texas doesn't call.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was what I was thinking about your AD leaving and at least the rumors now that Graham might follow him and how it will impact the rest of the year and the current recruiting cycle. For this year having every press conference asking questions about Texas while you are in a run to the CCG can't help. It just can't. And how many commits will now explore their other options just knowing there could be a complete overturn of the coaching staff. Really not an overall good day for the devils.

Well, thank you. Wiz for that bright note of sunshine. Rumors of departure are bad enough, but the hint that ASU fans are too dumb to assess the impact is even worse. However, it's still in the air, so don't count us out yet.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Texas offers Graham he is gone. Texas is a destination job so at that point Graham could care less about his reputation.

I doubt Patterson leaving will have any affect at all on this season. It could affect our recruiting class though.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes a very bad day. I hope Graham tells the media or something that hes not going anywhere just to simmer down the recruits. Even though anyone can say that and have there bags packed the next day for Texas.

Thank god this happened now though, and not before the Washington game. All those commits after that game could of been affected by this.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Texas offers Graham he is gone. Texas is a destination job so at that point Graham could care less about his reputation.

I doubt Patterson leaving will have any affect at all on this season. It could affect our recruiting class though.

Texas Alumni will care.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, thank you. Wiz for that bright note of sunshine. Rumors of departure are bad enough, but the hint that ASU fans are too dumb to assess the impact is even worse. However, it's still in the air, so don't count us out yet.

:wtf2: All I did was ask what your fans thought about it. Don't believe I said you were dumb. Just said what I was thinking when I heard the news and wondered if your fans were concerned or not all that worried about both the stretch run to the CCG and what impact even rumors might have on recruiting whether or not Graham actually leaves. How is that insinuating you are idiots? :scratch:

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to AZ Central as a part of Patterson's agreement he cannot hire anybody from ASU, including Graham. Patterson did a good job in his time here and I wish him the best at Texas. We will find a replacement and it will be business as usual.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a very bad day. I hope Graham tells the media or something that hes not going anywhere just to simmer down the recruits. Even though anyone can say that and have there bags packed the next day for Texas.

Thank god this happened now though, and not before the Washington game. All those commits after that game could of been affected by this.

Um commits are free to change their minds all the way up to LOI day without penalty. You may have had some sign up after that game, but these changes could make them all go somewhere else depending on things go between now and LOI day which is in early February.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to AZ Central as a part of Patterson's agreement he cannot hire anybody from ASU, including Graham. Patterson did a good job in his time here and I wish him the best at Texas. We will find a replacement and it will be business as usual.

If that is true then it should keep your class intact. At least most of them anyway. Hard to tell what can change a kid who is really on the fence sometimes. Taking Graham off the table should stop the rumors then. Makes this have much less of an impact.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um commits are free to change their minds all the way up to LOI day without penalty. You may have had some sign up after that game, but these changes could make them all go somewhere else depending on things go between now and LOI day which is in early February.

Yea but after seeing how quick USC commits de commited after the Kiffen Fiasco. The same thing could happen with Graham. Lots of our players are starting to get offers from USC. Most of our recruits are pretty solid other than a couple. Lots of our recruits are recruiting other players to come here so some of them are like 100% commited to ASU like I said there a couple that I could see flipping for another school but yea anything can happen on LOI we could lose half of our top recruits or all our top recruits LOI is crazy. Gotta keep the recruits happy and the momentum Graham has in recruiting right now.

Yea we saw plenty of commits switch at the last second to UCLA last season they had a hell of a LOI last year.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. Players care about the coach, not the AD. I'd be surprised if there is any recruiting blowback at all. If anything, it may help with some of the local stuff since the first name popping up is a 2nd gen ASU guy. I have a hard time believing the AD really affects recruiting though with a few notable exceptions (successful coach retires to AD spot)

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is true then it should keep your class intact. At least most of them anyway. Hard to tell what can change a kid who is really on the fence sometimes. Taking Graham off the table should stop the rumors then. Makes this have much less of an impact.

A moot point I guess as the AZ Republic reports that Patterson, as part of his agreement, cannot hire anyone from ASU.

Status
Not open for further replies.