• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't matter, if the coach walks those kids could de commit .....The haven't signed the letter yet...

Yea I know but its still critical to get commits so you no what type of class you have. Keep those commits favoring ASU so when national signing day comes they are ready to sign to ASU. If you have great commits other top players will want to come because they see all the other top players committing and they see ASU as a legit Football program.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I know but its still critical to get commits so you no what type of class you have. Keep those commits favoring ASU so when national signing day comes they are ready to sign to ASU. If you have great commits other top players will want to come because they see all the other top players committing and they see ASU as a legit Football program.

It very well good help the situation, the best thing to happen is if he does leave ( I don't think he does) they hire quickly and keep the class together....

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It very well good help the situation, the best thing to happen is if he does leave ( I don't think he does) they hire quickly and keep the class together....

One of the better classes we have had in a long time. Definitely need to keep this class together.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think he should be? What do you think?

df I think he gets one more year and the Huskies need to have high goals for themselves im talking about a 10 win season and competing with Stanford and Oregon. Or hes gone, hes getting good recruits but that's still not enough. The class he has coming in will keep him here for another year easily, but he needs to have a 10 win season and compete for a Pac 12 north championship and be ranked at the end of the season. Washington needs high goals for Sark for the 2014 season or he gets the boot.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
df I think he gets one more year and the Huskies need to have high goals for themselves im talking about a 10 win season and competing with Stanford and Oregon. Or hes gone, hes getting good recruits but that's still not enough. The class he has coming in will keep him here for another year easily, but he needs to have a 10 win season and compete for a Pac 12 north championship and be ranked at the end of the season. Washington needs high goals for Sark for the 2014 season or he gets the boot.

Good post.

You guys seem to be having the same problem as the Atlanta Falcons, Nebraska and Georgia. You get the talent but your coaches have no clue how to win a title with it.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post.

You guys seem to be having the same problem as the Atlanta Falcons, Nebraska and Georgia. You get the talent but your coaches have no clue how to win a title with it.

I'm an Asu fan that's why I was asking Husky fans on Sarks coaching status.:lol:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you need to worry about Todd Graham leaving for Texas. He is not well liked in Texas circles and would be a very unpopular hire. There is no doubting his ability as a coach, but he isn't liked in Texas high school football circles for whatever reason. That's a big part of being successful in Texas. Especially when Kevin Sumlin, Les Miles, and Bob Stoops are very respected. The reason Mack Brown was so successful recruiting right off the bat was because he made those high school coaches feel important by inviting them to speak at Texas camps all the time. Can't afford to lose that edge. There is a certain amount off ass kissing that is just necessary to succeed inside Texas. Coaching ability alone just isn't enough.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you need to worry about Todd Graham leaving for Texas. He is not well liked in Texas circles and would be a very unpopular hire. There is no doubting his ability as a coach, but he isn't liked in Texas high school football circles for whatever reason. That's a big part of being successful in Texas. Especially when Kevin Sumlin, Les Miles, and Bob Stoops are very respected. The reason Mack Brown was so successful recruiting right off the bat was because he made those high school coaches feel important by inviting them to speak at Texas camps all the time. Can't afford to lose that edge. There is a certain amount off ass kissing that is just necessary to succeed inside Texas. Coaching ability alone just isn't enough.

Graham has a huge Texas background. I don't know if its enough to help his recruiting but hes done some things for Texas high schools. Anyway thank god hes really been great for us. Fans here would be really upset if he left.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game of week: Pick final score

Oregon 45
@ Stanford 17

Saturday

Colorado @ Washington -28 1/2

Arizona State @ Utah +7 1/2

Southern California @ California +17 1/2

UCLA @ Arizona +1 1/2

(Started picking against SC and they started winning, have to keep the streak alive).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he afford to leave though? Not only having to pay ASU a lot of your salary back. But it also seems like it would hurt his reputation in my opinion he cant afford to leave this early. He needs to wait a couple more years.

Of course he can afford to leave. Texas would put up the money for any buyout of his contract and while there would be a few that would criticize him for leaving another program after a short stay, most would understand.

Texas is one of those "destination jobs" that virtually any coach in the country would leave for. About the only coaches who would turn down Texas would be coaches who are already at a "destination job" and even some of those might take it. Texas has more money than any other school and is located in a recruiting hotbed. ASU just isn't there yet.

Not saying that he will leave, but it wouldn't be a shock if he did.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he can afford to leave. Texas would put up the money for any buyout of his contract and while there would be a few that would criticize him for leaving another program after a short stay, most would understand.

Texas is one of those "destination jobs" that virtually any coach in the country would leave for. About the only coaches who would turn down Texas would be coaches who are already at a "destination job" and even some of those might take it. Texas has more money than any other school and is located in a recruiting hotbed. ASU just isn't there yet.

Not saying that he will leave, but it wouldn't be a shock if he did.

Patterson cant offer Graham a head coaching job at another university. It was in the contract I guess...........

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson cant offer Graham a head coaching job at another university. It was in the contract I guess...........

I think that only means that Patterson can't offer or interview him while he is ASU's coach. However, if Graham resigns his position first and is no longer ASU's coach, then he would be fair game.

Not saying that they would use that potential loophole, but nothing surprises me anymore in cfb.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that only means that Patterson can't offer or interview him while he is ASU's coach. However, if Graham resigns his position first and is no longer ASU's coach, then he would be fair game.

Not saying that they would use that potential loophole, but nothing surprises me anymore in cfb.

Ah hell ASU fans might as well relax, you got another two months possibly a three months on just exactly what will happen with Mack. Patterson could wait a whole year before moving Brown out....

Status
Not open for further replies.