• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i got ya. Every Tarantino flick is burned into my memory.

Love every one of his movies, got em all on Bluray.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all are silly! I come here for my last laugh before bed. Thanks for having me.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10,000 Posts nearing

Thought you should all know that at 10,000 posts this thread will be locked and archived.

That is the post count limit for threads.

So we will have to start a new one.

The PAC12 Thread v.2

When we get closer to the magic 10,000 We can have the v.2 thread on standby so we dont miss a beat.

WHo starts the thread. I started this one so if anybody has a nominee for v.2 let it be heard.

Unless none of you care who starts it.

TF12!! , Wiz, Wallace, VitaMike have been on the PAC thread since the start here at hoop and prior on cBS. THose are my nominees... If anyone cares.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it matters who's name is on the front of it. Go for it, but I'd make the new one well before 10k as there are bound to be necroposts here and there so I'd leave room for it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna do it, then I'm just going to post:

SEC!
SEC!
SEC!

as the first post. :yahoo:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, that would be something to see.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna say let who ever had 5000 do it but that turned out to be Mamba too

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekly AP Poll:

2) Oregon
6) Stanford
16) UCLA
23) ASU

other votes: Washington (6)

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Miller's PAC12 Power rankings and bowl projections:

1. Oregon: The Ducks get the national stage Thursday night to make clear their national title candidacy. Or not.

2. Stanford: The Cardinal get the national stage Thursday night to make clear that the Pac-12 belongs to the less flashy team in the North Division. Or not.

3. Arizona State: The Sun Devils brought their A-game on the road to Washington State, particularly QB Taylor Kelly. Now can they do the same on Saturday at Utah, a wounded team that is coming off a bye week and looking to make a South Division statement?

4. UCLA: It was far from perfect, but the Bruins took care of business against Colorado. The final four games, starting Saturday with a tricky visit to Arizona in a key South clash, will provide a chance for UCLA to climb into the top 10 and take control of the South Division. Or something more mediocre than that.

5. USC: Knock, knock. Who's there? USC. USC who?! US-see, we're pretty darn OK when we care and have a good plan! I bet there are more than a few folks who aren't USC fans, at least those who don't wear powder blue, who are enjoying the Trojans' elevated level of play under Ed Orgeron. What if that is less about Lane Kiffin being gone and more about Coach O being in charge? And if the Trojans win out? "Hmm," says athletic director Pat Haden. At the very least, USC's next coach should make an effort to retain Orgeron.

6. Arizona: The Wildcats have established that they are a solid team, maybe even pretty good. UCLA's visit on Saturday could significantly elevate that perception. A win would make Arizona a South contender and a Top 25 team.

7. Washington: The Huskies should beat Colorado in Husky Stadium on Saturday and become bowl eligible, though this team shouldn't take anything for granted (see the Buffaloes' early effort versus UCLA). Then they must win at least two of the final three games to make the case that this was a successful season. The catch? That will require a road win at UCLA or Oregon State.

8. Oregon State: After consecutive losses at home to Stanford and USC, the peanut gallery has adopted a fair tweak: "The Beavers weren't any good. They just had an easy schedule over the first seven games." The only way to defeat that take is to win two of the final three games, which won't be easy. The Beavers have a bye in which to get healthy and refocused before heading to Arizona State on Nov. 16.

9. Utah: This is Utah's BIG weekend. The Utes had a week off to get healthy (Travis Wilson's throwing hand!), refocus and game plan for surging Arizona State. The MUSS also should be well-rested and properly annoyed so as to make Arizona State, traditionally a bad team on the road, uncomfortable. A win would be transformative for bowl possibilities, as well as Pac-12 prestige.

10. Washington State: A third consecutive blowout loss, albeit against a tough slate, has some grumbling in Pullman. Where's our Mike Leach magic that we were promised? The Cougars are off this week, and they need to win two of their final three games to become bowl eligible. Won't be easy.

11. Colorado: Colorado showed some fight against UCLA, but it couldn't keep up with Brett Hundley and company. Fair to say bowl chances are extremely remote -- the Buffs would have to win out. A visit to Washington is next, but the home game against California is the most likely chance to pick up a Pac-12 victory this season.

12. California: Cal hung with Arizona for four quarters, repeatedly fighting back when the Wildcats seemed to be taking charge. The defense played better. The offense scored its most points (28) since Sept. 14 versus Ohio State (34). So there's that. The Bears host surging USC on Saturday, though the visit to Colorado on Nov. 16 looms as the season's biggest game -- the one that determines the bottom of the conference.

Bowls:

BCS National Championship Game Presented by VIZIO (Jan. 6, 2014): Oregon vs. BCS
Rose Bowl Game Presented by VIZIO (Jan. 1, 2014): Stanford vs. Big Ten
Valero Alamo Bowl (Dec. 30): UCLA vs. Big 12
National University Holiday Bowl (Dec. 30): Arizona State vs. Big 12
Hyundai Sun Bowl (Dec. 31): Washington vs. ACC
Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl (Dec. 21): USC vs. MWC
Fight Hunger Bowl (Dec. 27): Arizona vs. BYU
Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 21): Oregon State vs. MWC
Heart of Dallas Bowl (Jan. 1, 2014): Utah vs. Conference USA

Phil Steele's projections:

BCS National Championship Game Presented by VIZIO (Jan. 6, 2014): Oregon vs. Alabama
Rose Bowl Game Presented by VIZIO (Jan. 1, 2014): Stanford vs. Ohio State
Valero Alamo Bowl (Dec. 30): ASU vs. Oklahoma St.
National University Holiday Bowl (Dec. 30): UCLA vs. Texas Tech
Hyundai Sun Bowl (Dec. 31): Oregon St. vs. Virginia Tech
Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl (Dec. 21): USC vs. Boise St.
Fight Hunger Bowl (Dec. 27): Washington vs. BYU
Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 21): Arizona vs. San Jose St.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you should all know that at 10,000 posts this thread will be locked and archived.

That is the post count limit for threads.

So we will have to start a new one.

The PAC12 Thread v.2

When we get closer to the magic 10,000 We can have the v.2 thread on standby so we dont miss a beat.

WHo starts the thread. I started this one so if anybody has a nominee for v.2 let it be heard.

Unless none of you care who starts it.

TF12!! , Wiz, Wallace, VitaMike have been on the PAC thread since the start here at hoop and prior on cBS. THose are my nominees... If anyone cares.

Many say that I am a "trouble-maker", I would like to withdraw my good name from consideration as mentioned above. Goodbye Pac12 thread v.1 what a ride it has been...:hope::clap:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta work pretty hard to get banned from the CFB board. Lot easier to get in time out on the NFL boards for sure. Some of them get sand in their manginas way too easily. I mean we do have a poster on this thread who can give classes on how to get banned... and banned... and banned again, but that's another story. :whistle:

?:noidea:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning PAC12ers. I was halfway disappointed that things chilled out last night. What a bummer. I was having so much fun. At least everyone was being a good sport....sarcastic.

Here's a funny story I just had to bring up. I totally forgot this last night amongst all the hate.

So my beautiful awesome wife is a huge football fan and we spend our Saturdays watching game after game. Last Saturday, for some reason the TCU game was on. As soon as I switched the channel over to the game, on the screen was a picture of the TCU logo or helmet or something that showed the little cartoon horned frog.

Quote of the year, says my wife, "What the hell, is their mascot a Pokémon or something?" And she was serious. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.