• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace I thought that was pass interference in the end zone horrible call!

Couldn't really see the play live when it happened, shouldn't have come down to the last play tho.

Beavers 2 "L's" have both come on the last play of games they lost. Can't ask for anything more than that I spose. When teams play us, hope they know we don't get blown out and will be there till the buzzer goes off.:suds:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More people = more noise. Not hard to understand. I know Autzen is designed to hold in noise but still.

Autzen is the loudest cfb stadium in the country. And it puts 59 K butts in a game.

Michigan holds 110k, The shoe 100. Lloyd Carr old Michigan coach and local Michigan media said Autzen was by far the loudest they ever heard.

Media guy said it was louder than the Swamp and LSU.

Numbers can be deceiving. Jahii is right. Has everything to do with stadium design.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't really see the play live when it happened, shouldn't have come down to the last play tho.

Beavers 2 "L's" have both come on the last play of games they lost. Can't ask for anything more than that I spose. When teams play us, hope they know we don't get blown out and will be there till the buzzer goes off.:suds:

Yea same wit ASU Graham just didnt have us prepared. If Graham would of prepared us we all know Stanford would be shaking. ASU baby 3rd best team in the Pac! :suds:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Autzen is the loudest cfb stadium in the country. And it puts 59 K butts in a game.

Michigan holds 110k, The shoe 100. Lloyd Carr old Michigan coach and local Michigan media said Autzen was by far the loudest they ever heard.

Numbers can be deceiving. Jahii is right. Has everything to do with stadium design.

I consider Tiger Stadium in LSU the loudest. Mainly because of nearly 100,000 rabid fans. Not stadium design. In Oregon's case it has everything to do with stadium design.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea same wit ASU Graham just didnt have us prepared. If Graham would of prepared us we all know Stanford would be shaking. ASU baby 3rd best team in the Pac! :suds:

Looking forward to that road game as well. Tell Kelly not to throw the ball with an "alligator arm" THIS TIME!:laugh3::yahoo:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That being said ASU does have a nice stadium design to trap noise. In between 2 mountains and the stadium is like an old highschool bleacher as the stadium can shake.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFhrICTe5pY]JediASU: 1996 USC Complains about Sun Devil Stadium being too loud - Let me call the WAAAmbulance - YouTube[/ame] Im sure with Graham our fans will be doing this consistently.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBMsZhQWHBE]Autzen Stadium Noise Forces Huskies to take Time Out - YouTube[/ame]
Sorry Huskie fans its just so loud you probably cant even here yourself.

Nothing compares to Autzen though.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
recorded 127.2 and it wasnt known by fans noise was being recorded like they do now

On October 27, 2007, during a 24–17 victory against the USC Trojans, a then-record crowd of 59,277 fans was recorded at 127.2 decibels. A similarly loud 31–27 upset of third-ranked Michigan in 2003 prompted a Michigan Daily columnist to write[22]
“ Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House collectively sound like a pathetic whimper. It’s louder than any place I’ve ever been, and that includes The Swamp at Florida, The Shoe in Columbus, and Death Valley at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die. ” Michigan coach Lloyd Carr later said that Autzen Stadium was the loudest stadium he'd ever been in.[23]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autzen_Stadium#cite_note-jeffsmith-23
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jahvid Best, a former starting running back for the Detroit Lions, visited Autzen while playing for the California Golden Bears in 2007. He later said, "The biggest thing I remember about that game is the crowd. The crowd noise is crazy up there. Honestly, any other away game I don't really even hear the crowd. Oregon was the only place where it really got on my nerves."[26]

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to that road game as well. Tell Kelly not to throw the ball with an "alligator arm" THIS TIME!:laugh3::yahoo:

Oh im sure Mark May and Lou Holtz will let em no after he gets a sticker and college football player of the week. They will be sure to pass the message along to him. "Kelly is NFL bound" something like that im sure is what ESPN will say. Meanwhile Kelly still has one more year left of work it will be like Plummer in 96-97 undefeated dream season! :suds:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On October 27, 2007, during a 24–17 victory against the USC Trojans, a then-record crowd of 59,277 fans was recorded at 127.2 decibels. A similarly loud 31–27 upset of third-ranked Michigan in 2003 prompted a Michigan Daily columnist to write[22]
“ Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House collectively sound like a pathetic whimper. It’s louder than any place I’ve ever been, and that includes The Swamp at Florida, The Shoe in Columbus, and Death Valley at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die. ” Michigan coach Lloyd Carr later said that Autzen Stadium was the loudest stadium he'd ever been in.[23]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jahvid Best, a former starting running back for the Detroit Lions, visited Autzen while playing for the California Golden Bears in 2007. He later said, "The biggest thing I remember about that game is the crowd. The crowd noise is crazy up there. Honestly, any other away game I don't really even hear the crowd. Oregon was the only place where it really got on my nerves."[26]

Oregon has had genius stadium designers. Mac Court was one of the loudest in college basketball and most intimidating.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider Tiger Stadium in LSU the loudest. Mainly because of nearly 100,000 rabid fans. Not stadium design. In Oregon's case it has everything to do with stadium design.

and crazy ass fans. Got to have that.

Zona has em as I have been there. Not nearly as loud or rabid a fan base.

For football anyways.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, that's what happens when people "collectively" fart at the same time for 60 minutes.:suds::yahoo:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For football anyways.

Basketball there insane. Huskies are loud in everything, well Seattle fans in general are fucking crazy.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For football anyways.

True. Basketball is another thing. When McKale Center gets rocking there is nothing else like it. Senior citizen ticket holders and all.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh im sure Mark May and Lou Holtz will let em no after he gets a sticker and college football player of the week. They will be sure to pass the message along to him. "Kelly is NFL bound" something like that im sure is what ESPN will say. Meanwhile Kelly still has one more year left of work it will be like Plummer in 96-97 undefeated dream season!

I know you won the PAC but you lost in the Rose Bowl. How is that a dream season?

Status
Not open for further replies.