• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images.jpg

Beaver.jpg

Here you go Wallace. It is much easier to communicate to you with pictures....
BS are you dyslexic? :lol:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want the cake topper for the day today?

I'm driving in to work and am stuck in a terrible traffic jam. Anyone in this region who had to drive north this morning will tell you about it. Took me two hours to get to work.

I ended up hearing a segment I miss most weeks because I'm already at work. Rick Neuheisel does a weekly spot on KJR am about the Pac12. Now I have no love loss for the man. None of us really respected him even when he won us a Rose Bowl. We all thought he was kind of a weasel. I do like him as a TV analyst now. Still, two things that add to this discussion from his interview:

1. Before last weeks game as everyone in Seattle was saying there was no chance UW loses that game Rick was saying he worried about it because of the emotions of that team coming off two tough losses that pretty much wrecked their chances of anything special in the North. His view was there was too high of expectation and the coming down would hurt them. Well, he was right and the rest of us were very wrong. He agreed that the offense pretty much folded and the coaches really didn't do anything to make adjustments or otherwise try and fix the problems. If Keith was really that hurt they should have put Miles in a lot sooner. So there you have someone else not in our program agreeing with what has most of us fans so pissed off about that game. That's not being disrespectful, that's concentrating on our team and what our team did or didn't do compared to expectation. ASU came out after the ND loss pissed off and used it to beat up on Colorado and was still able to continue it against UW. They played with a lot of drive and emotion and it worked well for them. No one is taking that away from ASU at all. All everyone is saying is too bad UW didn't show up to make it a game. Would they have won had they? Probably not given how dialed in ASU was, but no one will ever know because that was a totally one sided game.

2. Normally at the end of his segments he gives a big game prediction for the next week and he is actually pretty darned good on his predictions. Before the point of this I will add he believes UW is going to destroy Cal and actually said he wouldn't be surprised to see UW roll the rest of their schedule and finish up 9-3. I really can't agree with him, but that's what he said. So now instead of doing a big game prediction he instead brings out a guitar and sings a song he wrote to honor Don James. You see earlier in the year he sang a song on the Dan Patrick show about Johnny football and Mitch said he needed to write one and sing it just for our audience at some point and he agreed to do so. Well totally without Mitch knowing it he had one and sang it today. Now Rick doesn't have a great voice and I'm not sure his guitar skills are worth noting, but that he took the time in his busy schedule to write a song in honor of the great dawgfather was simply amazing. Not only did Mitch say there wasn't a dry eye in the house but I can tell you I had tears running down my face. Rick himself was verklempt in speaking after he finished the song. It was a tribute to a man he called a friend and honored him as a father, husband, and community leader as much as a football legend.

Regent is free to see things as he likes. He believes he deserves to be piled on after another losing game to ASU and that's fine. He will also tell you I asked other Huskies to not continue to pile on BSU after we curb stomped them to open the season. I practice what I preach and I believe the honorable thing to do is accept the outcome of every game, whether you win or lose and not smack talk the other team. I'm allowed to have that view and treat others accordingly.

And now if you don't mind I'll continue my grieving of James until after his memorial on Sunday and if you care to continue some kind of war because you feel the need to kick a team after you beat them then by all means I'll be here Monday to smash it right back in your face.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS are you dyslexic? :lol:

Well shit, I guess I am.....oh well, shaved beaver, beaver shaver...either way it makes for a better time.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you showed class letting me honor my hero in death and then you and that other ASU tool started taunting UW's loss like 4 days later, but we are the ones without class? Pissed at you? Not really. I just call things like I see them and right now I see you as the biggest tool on this board and that's really saying something considering how bad I thought OcD was. You passed him up by a country mile. You really think I'm pissed? :laugh3: You obviously haven't read many of my posts. Going off on people for fun is kind of my thing and always has been. Ask Mamba about some of our early exchanges. Hell, ask 4d20 about his first month on this board. The difference here is you don't have any class what so ever and won't be a man about it. Why? Because I dared to say what I thought was going to happen before our game and was proven wrong. I didn't 'smack talk' I just said what I honestly thought was going to happen. I said Sankey was going to run up a ton of yards on your team. Why wouldn't I have thought that? He ran up a ton of yards on Stanford and Oregon so who didn't think it was coming? Hell, not only did several Oregon fans say the same thing, but some of your own people were worried about it as well. So tell me again what my great sin was. I had confidence in my team and said so, but the game didn't turn out that way. And did I 'disrespect' ASU in the loss? No I didn't. I said I was pissed at the total lack of effort on the offense and the complete garbage play of Keith Price. You think I'm wrong in that right? Well every single sportscaster who has had a comment on that game agrees. Every single fan of other teams up here who watched that game agrees. Stop being a whiny little bitch homer and just get over it.

Wiz, I gotta be honest and say that I am a little disappointed that I did not make your top 2 assholes list. You picked OD and 4D20 over me? What did I ever do to deserve to be liked by you? I gotta step up my game....:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz, I gotta be honest and say that I am a little disappointed that I did not make your top 2 assholes list. You picked OD and 4D20 over me? What did I ever do to deserve to be liked by you? I gotta step up my game....:suds:

Wait, to be clear I never called 4d20 an asshole. He sure didn't care for me when he first started posting here and was all over me, but it was because of a few misgivings he had that eventually worked themselves out. I don't think he's an asshole and even told him while he was ripping me that I agreed with much of his posts. I have no idea what he thinks of any of us now, but does it really matter? I agree with many of his posts and tell him when I don't and he does the same. I still respect that you can discuss things with him and that's more than I can say for some of the regulars on SH.

As for 'assholes' in general we are all that at some point. Hell, I'm no saint and have never claimed to be. I was specifically talking about the posters who either troll or are just total tools in general. The people who can't come off their soap box long enough to have a rational discussion or otherwise can't admit when they were wrong. I don't like most Duck fans, but less than half of them up here would be on that list.

I think I've laid out the recipe quite nicely for how to reach the top of my asshat list if that's a goal of yours. Just start being a cross between OcD pre the UW game this year and jahii right now. That's sure to get you a seat near the front of that bus.

:suds:

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 2 points for me this morning.

#1- I want to take a moment to honor and remember Coach James. RIP Coach. I actually am not one that can really tell any stories of Coach James, as I became a Duck fan when I started school there in 1997. But from everything I have read and everyone I know, I hear he was a great leader and on hell of a man. My heart goes out to Husky fans, this can be a tough time when a hero passes.

switching gears to #2- Oregon State. Here is something for all of you Beiber Believers to chew on with your buck teeth. Oregon State has piled up all of these great stats and passing yards against the number 8, 10, 11 and 12th ranked pass defenses in the Pac12. I could throw for 350+ against all of these teams myself. Without Brandin Cooks. I said it before and I will again. OSU is staring straight into the depths of 4 or 5 losses in the next 5 games. Not being a hater (well who am I kidding, of course I am) but they are who we thought they were. NOT good.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say I was surprised to see Rick Neuheisel predict that UW would not only beat Oregon State on the road, but also UCLA. There are many quietly saying Oregon State is in for a rough ride over the second half of the season, but UW beating UCLA down there? :scratch: Wonder what Rick knows about that team that the rest of us do not. I know this week UCLA is starting 3 true freshmen on the O line so I wonder if he believes injuries are going to spell the doom of UCLA's run as well. :noidea:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit, I guess I am.....oh well, shaved beaver, beaver shaver...either way it makes for a better time.
Well now that you mention it..... I'll take the former.....:lol:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona @ Colorado + 15 1/2
Utah @ Southern Cal - 6 1/2
Stanford @ Oregon State + 5 1/2
California @ Washington -23 1/2

UCLA @ Oregon -23 1/2
Oregon 55 UCLA 20

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona @ Colorado + 15 1/2
Utah @ Southern Cal- 6 1/2
Stanford @ Oregon State + 5 1/2
California @ Washington -23 1/2

UCLA @ Oregon -23 1/2

Oregon 50 UCLA 24

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many quietly saying Oregon State is in for a rough ride over the second half of the season

They're a one dimensional offense without a defense. They are damn good at that one dimension though. It will only get them so far imo. 2nd half has at least 3 losses. Probably more.

Neuweasel is nuts if he thinks this UW squad takes down UCLA in their house. I did agree before the ASU charade, but that game revealed a lot and none of it was good for us.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz, I just heard Price is starting. Is an injured Price really that much better than a healthy Cyler? It just seems the next 2 weeks are a perfect time to let Price heal and get Miles some snaps against "real competition"

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,555.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't bet against Utah this week Travis Wilson is playing. Utah's D matches up well with the pro style Offense's Utah wins this one. I have that feeling, you know the one, when we played Stanford.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're a one dimensional offense without a defense. They are damn good at that one dimension though. It will only get them so far imo. 2nd half has at least 3 losses. Probably more.

Neuweasel is nuts if he thinks this UW squad takes down UCLA in their house. I did agree before the ASU charade, but that game revealed a lot and none of it was good for us.
I agree with you, but he was a coach and knows a lot more than we do about how much emotion and momentum play a role in the outcome of college games. He has been right on the mark with most of his predictions this year including calling several of the upsets in the conference. Still, I'll believe it when I see it. I just think he must believe their injuries are going to be a big problem for them. Hundley has been running for his life and now has 3 rookies on the line in front of him. Just guessing he is thinking that will do them in.
Wiz, I just heard Price is starting. Is an injured Price really that much better than a healthy Cyler? It just seems the next 2 weeks are a perfect time to let Price heal and get Miles some snaps against "real competition"
Well you can bet every dawg fan isn't happy to hear he is starting and yeah we heard that yesterday in Sark's remarks saying 'I would be surprised if Keith didn't start that game'.

Not only would it give time for Keith to get healthy for the games he will be needed in, but from all accounts Miles is ready to take on this offense and he adds the dimension that Keith doesn't in the read zone option. Miles is a real dual threat QB who has speed and moves in the running game. It would really put the uptempo on display in a way Keith can't and never will be able to.

This was the perfect week to just say to the public/media that Keith is a bit banged up and Miles will start. If he struggles put Keith in. Let Price know his really bad decision making isn't going to slide anymore and he must earn his starting role back. He could have shown some discipline and yet still kept a public face that it was just injury and he still has confidence in Price. Instead he is showing the same lack of conviction he did in keeping Holt for at least 1 full year too long.

Loyalty is great from players, but coaches are paid to win games and put the very best people on the field each week to achieve that. You need to earn the respect of your players and they need to know it doesn't matter who they are that not performing would get them benched. Sark hasn't shown that. Hell, even the player friendly Carroll had that. This is Sark's biggest shortcoming IMO.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be honest, I did not see Stanford losing to Utah at the start of the year, but I have been nervous about the Beavers since the schedule came out. I do not think Stanford can stop Cooks/Mannion, I just hope they can minimize the bleeding. That said, Stanford's Achilles this season has been the short swing pass, not the long ball. Stanford's DB's are also a bit bigger and more athletic than the DB's the Beavers have faced thus far. Mannion is great against the blitz, but Stanford does not rush more than 3-4, more often than not, relying on coverage to provide sacks.

On the flip side, the Beavers run D is abysmal. So TOP will most likely be in the Cardinal's favor. Stanford will have to run effectively and often with the loss of Cajuste (possession receiver) and Williamson (kicker). If Stanford can hit Mannion early and often to get him off his game, then Stanford wins going away.

I could see the Beavers winning this by 10, but I have faith Stanford will win out 35-24.:whistle:

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say I was surprised to see Rick Neuheisel predict that UW would not only beat Oregon State on the road, but also UCLA. There are many quietly saying Oregon State is in for a rough ride over the second half of the season, but UW beating UCLA down there? :scratch: Wonder what Rick knows about that team that the rest of us do not. I know this week UCLA is starting 3 true freshmen on the O line so I wonder if he believes injuries are going to spell the doom of UCLA's run as well. :noidea:
switching gears to #2- Oregon State. Here is something for all of you Beiber Believers to chew on with your buck teeth. Oregon State has piled up all of these great stats and passing yards against the number 8, 10, 11 and 12th ranked pass defenses in the Pac12. I could throw for 350+ against all of these teams myself. Without Brandin Cooks. I said it before and I will again. OSU is staring straight into the depths of 4 or 5 losses in the next 5 games. Not being a hater (well who am I kidding, of course I am) but they are who we thought they were. NOT good.------------------------------------------------------------- At the start of the year, I was irritated that Mannion was the starting QB for OR St again and wanted Vaz to have at least this one (his senior) year as the starter to see if he could lead the team to more wins. After going 9-3 last year against all predictions, everyone predicted doom and gloom again, saying the Beavs would finish last in the PAC 12 this year. I've been holding my tongue for the most part, waiting for Mannion to start throwing another record number of INTs but he does seem to have improved a lot over the off-season. After getting embarrassed at home by a very tough, top FCS EWU team because the Beavers didn't prepare, the team got serious and have gotten on a roll. They always seem to start off slow and then finish strong. I agree the great stats are against lesser defenses, but the Beavers have been winning the games in a lop-sided manner ala Oregon and not squeaking out tight, close games since the first few. I'm not one to run my mouth about how we're going to torch our next opponent. Anything can happen in a given game and I only look at our next opponent, not 3 or more ahead because you just never know who on each team could get injured and be out for a game or 2, maybe the season. It's foolish to say a team that's 6-1, 4-0 is NOT good until they are .500 or below and at this point the Beavers are playing better than last season. The Beavers match up well with Stanford and were beating them for 54 minutes in Palo Alto. This year, I can see them winning at home if they focus, prepare, and execute. Haters gonna hate, but OR St is #2 in the PAC 12 currently I don't think they'll suddenly fall apart to lose the rest of their games.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
native, I'm not a beaver hater by any stretch. The many who are saying they are in for a tough second half are the TV and radio personalities. I know Mannion has been one of the top QB's in the conference through the first half of the season and I sure won't be blowing any horns about UW's chances against them myself. I think Oregon State might win a squeaker which is why I went with Stanford to cover the 5.5 points. I think they win by 3 late.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On College Football Daily

Dari Nowkah and Charles Arbuckle both picked Oregon State to win outright.

Both picked Oregon by 3+ TDs

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
native, I'm not a beaver hater by any stretch. The many who are saying they are in for a tough second half are the TV and radio personalities. I know Mannion has been one of the top QB's in the conference through the first half of the season and I sure won't be blowing any horns about UW's chances against them myself. I think Oregon State might win a squeaker which is why I went with Stanford to cover the 5.5 points. I think they win by 3 late.
WH, I've never seen any of your posts being hateful. Trash talking is fine and when it's UW's turn at the Beavs, I'll look for some from you. Obviously, the second half of the season was going to be much tougher for the Beavs, but I'd rather have the tough ones late after the Beavs get rolling instead of at the start of the season where the Beavs aren't up to speed yet and would be steamrolled. I'm not predicting the Beavs have it easy or are going to win out. I do see chinks in the armor in the upcoming opponents and the Beavs do have a good chance to win some more games. :whistle:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That surprised you? Ihave been saying this for a few weeks now. I may want to change that before game time with UCLA as you have pointed out they are not the same as a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.