• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The one man debate.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing this useless debate over Suh and his impact. I will keep going with football is the biggest team sport out there.
Suh had a impact and was a huge reason for the success. As were 10 other guys. Sooner some see this they will let it rest.

Suh> Ngata. Maybe Ngata stood a chance in his prime. Not now though.
Fairley Mosley> than Reid or Gabe
Johnson>Hunt
Bynes and Whitehead > with Levy than with Tulloch
No Levy
Too many missing pieces from last year with less talent replacing them. I was more focused on Suh vs Ngata. Both get double teamed so they should of been fine. The supporting cast had too many changes. It's not just Suh leaving. One man does not make shit in football.

Scheme and the right mix of players make it work. Not one player. I kept speaking of it taking 11. I was wrong. It takes the right 11

For the guys who said Suh was sole reason. Stop kidding yourselves. He is a beast when he is in the right situation. In order for Miami to sign Suh they let some talent leave their defense also. Now you see Suh is not making a defense better by being one man. Their scheme and mix will not let it happen. They improve without removing Coyle's scheme. Then shame on that defense and it's players for laying down under Philbin.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing this useless debate over Suh and his impact. I will keep going with football is the biggest team sport out there.
Suh had a impact and was a huge reason for the success. As were 10 other guys. Sooner some see this they will let it rest.

Suh> Ngata. Maybe Ngata stood a chance in his prime. Not now though.
Fairley Mosley> than Reid or Gabe
Johnson>Hunt
Bynes and Whitehead > with Levy than with Tulloch
No Levy
Too many missing pieces from last year with less talent replacing them. I was more focused on Suh vs Ngata. Both get double teamed so they should of been fine. The supporting cast had too many changes. It's not just Suh leaving. One man does not make shit in football.

Scheme and the right mix of players make it work. Not one player. I kept speaking of it taking 11. I was wrong. It takes the right 11

For the guys who said Suh was sole reason. Stop kidding yourselves. He is a beast when he is in the right situation. In order for Miami to sign Suh they let some talent leave their defense also. Now you see Suh is not making a defense better by being one man. Their scheme and mix will not let it happen. They improve without removing Coyle's scheme. Then shame on that defense and it's players for laying down under Philbin.

I think everyone knows this is true, whether we want to admit it or not.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford, Calvin, Levy and the rest went to 0 post seasons before Suh showed up, and 0 once he left.

Spin it however you need to spin it.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford, Calvin, Levy and the rest went to 0 post seasons before Suh showed up, and 0 once he left.

Spin it

Okay, the Lions had the 32nd ranked defense in 2007(Calvin drafted), 2008 and 2009(Stafford and Levy drafted) and then the Lions drafted the Ex-Lions Player in 2010 and defense was still in the third tier in 2010 and 2011. Stafford and Calvin did make up a top 5 offense in 2011. The Ex-Lions Player and Levy made up a top 3 defense in 2014.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, the Lions had the 32nd ranked defense in 2007(Calvin drafted), 2008 and 2009(Stafford and Levy drafted) and then the Lions drafted the Ex-Lions Player in 2010 and defense was still in the third tier in 2010 and 2011. Stafford and Calvin did make up a top 5 offense in 2011. The Ex-Lions Player and Levy made up a top 3 defense in 2014.

Levy was a nobody until the best D-line in football was put front of him. Most of the posters here didn't even care if he was re-signed the first time his contract was up years ago.

I'd love to think Levy is some elite player, but he's not.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You been listening to me ...lol

I kept saying it took a team through the hole debate. Never saw you around much. Plays stay though, it's becoming a ghost town.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spin it however you need to spin it.

And they went to ZERO play off games with Suh until they added Quin, Ihedigbo and Teryl Austin.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they went to ZERO play off games with Suh until they added Quin, Ihedigbo and Teryl Austin.

This should read -- they went to zero playoff games where the defense was any help at all, until we added Quinn, Ihedbigo and Teryl Austin.

The only playoff appearance before that happened -- The Suh-led defense let the Saints set an NFL record for yards in a game for an offense and forced 0 punts, while giving up 40+ points.

So in essence, really only the offense had played in an actual playoff game before Austin and company showed up. The Suh-led defense just so happened to be there watching the Saints play run and catch.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they went to zero playoff games where the defense was any help at all, until we added Quinn, Ihedbigo and Teryl Austin.

Only a matter of time until Quin becomes Lionized.