• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie, a Free & Despised Man.

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“This is not a political thing; this is not about the NBA, not about any organization. This is about my life and what I am choosing to do,..."
________Kyrie Irving

A man who decided not to inject a drug into his body.
A man who doesn't beg for handouts, but uses his own talent and effort to support himself and his family.
A man who lives within the law.
A man who lives his life the way he believes he should live his life.
A free man.
Despised for exercising his freedom.

He sits, surrounded by resentment.
A resentment as real as the resentment that surrounded Ali.
A resentment as real as the bars that surrounded MLK.

He's selfish, they say, about a man who chooses his conscience over their sports entertainment.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
_______Mark Twain

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Comparing Kyrie to MLK

Alrighty then.

Mlk wouldn't have selfishly wanted an entire season to end because he himself got injured. If the vaccine deal had been it then we can have the beginning of a conversation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is making millions while he is refuses to do his job, not a normal job. Why? Bc he is making hundreds of millions of dollars to do his job. Most people do not have that choice and if they make the choice he made, they wouldn't have a job. The funny thing is we really don't know why he is sitting, we really don't, it's a different thing every year. Is he trying to prove he can make millions while protesting over an agenda every year from his big ass couch? That is a question only Kyrie can answer and when he does, he beats around the bush. If he truly was picking his personal life over sports then he should retire.

Comparing Kyrie to MLK...go see a doctor.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“This is not a political thing; this is not about the NBA, not about any organization. This is about my life and what I am choosing to do,..."
________Kyrie Irving

A man who doesn't beg for handouts, but uses his own talent and effort to support himself and his family.
A free man.

A resentment as real as the bars that surrounded MLK.<--------

He's selfish, they say, about a man who chooses his conscience over their sports entertainment.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
_______Mark Twain

Comparing him to MLK, what's wrong with you?

Do you think the Earth is flat?

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I didn't say he wasn't crazy. I said he was free.

2) He is not refusing to play. And unless his contract said he has to take the Covid vaccine, he is not violating his contract.

3) I said the resentment around Kyrie is as real as the bars around MLK.
I compared the resentment they both faced.
People who think I actually compared Kyrie to MLK shouldn't read what I write. It will only frustrate them. Most of my writing is about 2 levels above their ability to understand.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) He is not refusing to play. And unless his contract said he has to take the Covid vaccine, he is not violating his contract.

People who think I actually compared Kyrie to MLK shouldn't read what I write. It will only frustrate them. Most of my writing is about 2 levels above their ability to understand.
Do you know what a comparison implies?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
________Kyrie Irving

A free man.

_______Mark Twain

"A resentment as real as the resentment that surrounded Ali."

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

You're insane.

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A resentment as real as the resentment that surrounded Ali."

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

You're insane.

Ali was widely resented for refusing to be inducted into the army in the Vietnam era.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ali was widely resented for refusing to be inducted into the army in the Vietnam era.

You look completely ridiculous incorrectly suggesting that Kyrie's refusal to get the shot is anywhere near comparable to Ali not wanting to serve in Vietnam.

Maybe the next thing you can do is compare Kyrie to Jesus?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
________Kyrie Irving

A free man.

_______Mark Twain

This is the George Clooney Batman of posts.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Kyrie specifically on this issue. Having said that, he's otherwise outlandish with a lot of his takes, and as it relates to Covid, I wouldn't exactly relate him to MLK. Just me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, he is definitely taking advantage of his freedom to be crazy.

Yes and no.

The laws in New Jersey and New York re: Covid vaccination means he can't play there and his team, until recently, wasn't okay with him playing part time. On that, you are correct.

However, all he has to do to be able to return and play full time...is get vaccinated. He is choosing not to get vaccinated knowing full well that he must be vaccinated to play in those states...so technically speaking...he is choosing not to play.

Except that the resentment that surrounded MLK was far more dangerous than that around Kyrie. While it was not a direct comparison...it was a comparison nonetheless and you're just not going to get anywhere comparing MLK and Kyrie in virtually any fashion.

Most of my writing is about 2 levels above their ability to understand.

Upon further investigation...this does not check out.

seanholmes2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it the Union President of the NBA has not taken a position on the Kryie Irving situation? I have not heard from Chris Paul, Lebron James or Kevin Durant on the Kryie Irving issue. NBA all-stars that make commericals with speeches about "caring for the community" should have a lot to say about Kryie Ivernings issue(s) towards Covid-19, but I don't hear anything from them. Why? Disappointing!

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the lakers in the finals with the nets. And California decides to not let vaccinated players play? Could be a problem down the road. Cry me could not play in the finals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kyrie thinks he is way smarter than he is.

This is a guy who did one semester at Duke and probably never attended classes.

He thinks he is like this grand philosopher and deep thinker. When you are treated with kid-gloves your entire life and never said no to, this can happen.

And he has handled his NBA career has just been bizarre. He breaks up the Cavs- threatens to sit out and have surgery- gets dealt, rips on Cleveland where he won a title and had the greatest moments of his career. Goes to Boston- underachieves- leaves them high and dry- and then teams up with Durant. Which is fine if not for the fact that he said he wanted to leave LeBron to go to a team of his own.

and then he goes to play with Durant?

Kyrie is just so contradictory and odd in everything he does. Real weirdo.

but damn- he can finish at the rim and handle the ball as good as anyone I have seen. His finishes at the rim were just crazy- and he is clutch as they come.

its a shame he couldnt just play the sport. He is so fun to watch.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it the Union President of the NBA has not taken a position on the Kryie Irving situation? I have not heard from Chris Paul, Lebron James or Kevin Durant on the Kryie Irving issue. NBA all-stars that make commericals with speeches about "caring for the community" should have a lot to say about Kryie Ivernings issue(s) towards Covid-19, but I don't hear anything from them. Why? Disappointing!

Dont know about Chris Paul, but Lebron has said that hes not getting involved with other players vaccinations. He said that its their individual choice. The entire Nets organization, including KD, has said that they support Kyries decision.