• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official World Cup Thread

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think that was truly a penalty on the Ivory Coast? Dude was BARELY touched and his foot dragged the ground and tripped himself!

Yes. Look at the replay - the Ivorian made contact with Samaras' foot while he was trying to kick the ball. Can't do that. Next page.

FYI, this was a good tournament for Gervinho. Things didn't work out for him with Arsenal, but hopefully he gets a looksee from other clubs to play for their teams - I could see him back at England as a reserve winger.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the J-Rod goal:

Oh man that little chip over the goalie at the end. Beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Look at the replay - the Ivorian made contact with Samaras' foot while he was trying to kick the ball. Can't do that. Next page.

FYI, this was a good tournament for Gervinho. Things didn't work out for him with Arsenal, but hopefully he gets a looksee from other clubs to play for their teams - I could see him back at England as a reserve winger.

I've seen the replays over and over again and to me his foot barely is touched.. When he went to kick at the ball his foot dragged the ground and he flopped

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen the replays over and over again and to me his foot barely is touched.. When he went to kick at the ball his foot dragged the ground and he flopped

I saw the replay on ESPN as well and it was a foul. It sucks to lose that way for Ivory Coast tho. When the Greece player went to kick the ball his foot got caught on the back of the Ivory Coast players leg. When his foot did come free he then made contact with the ground due his foot getting caught.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw the replay on ESPN as well and it was a foul. It sucks to lose that way for Ivory Coast tho. When the Greece player went to kick the ball his foot got caught on the back of the Ivory Coast players leg. When his foot did come free he then made contact with the ground due his foot getting caught.

No one's arguing contact made, but the thing is the Ivory Coast was being contacted like that on their runs in the box.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tremendous goal by James Rodriguez of Columbia. Only 22-years-old too. He'll be getting some major offers soon.

I was telling my mother(she's Colombian) that James isn't staying at Monaco very long after this cup run... I seriously think Barca and the two Madrids will chase him soon.

Very good future for Colombian future... if only Falcao was here to take advantage!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think that was truly a penalty on the Ivory Coast? Dude was BARELY touched and his foot dragged the ground and tripped himself!

I've seen the replays a few times over n over and i'm split on it still...

There was contact, much more than "barely" but my gripe or question is was it intentional. I honestly look at it and see more coincidental because for my POV or my eyes I don't see intent behind it. Looks like the Ivorian got beat by the greek to ball and as the Greek is winding up for the one timer it got caught with the leg of the defendor.

I didn't see the Ivorian purposely extend his leg or make it obvious he tried to impede the striking motion. The legs got tangled up, I mean if the greek has a 5 mile wind up, how can you fault the defender in this case?

Outside the penalty box, ok call the foul but inside the box? wow. I've seen much worse plays/fouls that weren't called penalties before. Also I look at it, if the ref didn't call it, would I be screaming for a foul? I really don't think I would have. For me I didn't see enough intent behind that.

of course others may view it differently.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I completely missed the USA game. :L

Saw "13:00" on FIFA.com and assumed the game would still be on at 11am PST.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I completely missed the USA game. :L

Saw "13:00" on FIFA.com and assumed the game would still be on at 11am PST.

Didn't miss much. USA held some possession in the first half, but the second half Germany dominated. America had 1 shot on goal and barely had any chances.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It got tense when Ghana scored to tie Portugal 1-1. One more goal from Ghana and a 1-0 USA loss to Germany would mean we are knocked out. Luckily, it didn't come to that. Thanks Portugal!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 76

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got out of the group.....that's all that matters. Next up, Belgium.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was telling my mother(she's Colombian) that James isn't staying at Monaco very long after this cup run... I seriously think Barca and the two Madrids will chase him soon.

Very good future for Colombian future... if only Falcao was here to take advantage!

Barca has the top two scorers of the World Cup on their team - they don't need another scorer per se but rather someone who can man the central part of their midfield now that Fabregas and Alcantara have left in consecutive seasons.

Getting the young German netminder in Ter Stergen helps big time along with Bravo, but they should try to woo Thiago Silva from PSG or clone him because they need cover in their Centerbacks.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got out of the group.....that's all that matters. Next up, Belgium.

Gonna be a tough game - Belgium hasn't exactly been blowing their competition out of the water but they have a knack for scoring in the end - probably because they are such a young team.

I'm a little worried how they are going to defend Mertens and especially Hazard.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then you need a magnifying glass because it was a definite foul.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've played soccer and 9 out of 10 times that will be called a foul - only time you'd probably get away with that is if you're a Man United player committing the foul and Mike Riley is the referee (unofficial United fan) or you're part of that match fixing scandal in Serie A in Italy some years ago.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cal I was watching 30 for 30 on the "Tale of the Two Escobars". My best friend's girlfriend is Colombian and it's quite a sight to see how far Colombian football has come from that depressing, drug rampant era that took the life of Andres Escobar to what it is now. True revival indeed.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brazil is attacking, but I'd love to see Chile hang on for penalty kicks.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brazil hangs on. I was hoping for an upset.