• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official World Cup Thread

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This match was heartbreaking. We don't need anymore almosts and moral victories... it's time for big time wins. If we hold onto that possession at the end instead of kicking it away we have maybe the biggest win in American soccer history.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame that England is going home early. Really wanted to see more of Raheem Sterling. Tremendous talent and only 19 years old. He's like the Darren Sproles of soccer:

The US team has a similar type of player in Julian Green, but he hasn't been able to see the field. He's a guy that could add a lot of explosion and ball handling down the sideline. Had we won today I thought Klinsmann would've for sure put him in against Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA still in good shape heading into Germany...

Win/Tie they're in, obvious.

Should they lose, say by a goal or 2.... Portugal still needs to win by 5-6 goals pretty much and Ghana would need to win by at least 2 goals ATM....

it looks good odds in favor of the US should they lose.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So, does it seem like they added an extra minute of injury time because the US took so long to sub at the end of regulation? If so, talk about poetic justice. US is dogging it with the sub to kill clock, as a result, they add about 30 seconds to the game (figure it took 30 seconds to complete the substitution, and they added a minute), and then lose in the last 15 seconds, which wouldn't have existed but for the lethargic subbing. Frustrating as hell.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, does it seem like they added an extra minute of injury time because the US took so long to sub at the end of regulation? If so, talk about poetic justice. US is dogging it with the sub to kill clock, as a result, they add about 30 seconds to the game (figure it took 30 seconds to complete the substitution, and they added a minute), and then lose in the last 15 seconds, which wouldn't have existed but for the lethargic subbing. Frustrating as hell.

I think it was because one of the US players (Jones I think) was hurt and on the ground for a little bit. The substitution thing happens in every match. Watch Honduras...those guys are the kings of milking clock. Actually, don't watch them. They are terrible.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is that Germany and the USA have absolutely no reason to play a real soccer game to advance. They can just all take a 90 minute nap on the field and advance through.

Bad news is FIFA rules are stupid and would allow Ghana to advance over the USA in a tie despite losing to the USA.

Yeah I don't get it either. It's no wonder American's don't take soccer seriously when head to head match ups apparently mean nothing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The US team should try a sneak attack on Germany. We have a pretty good record with that strategy.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is that Germany and the USA have absolutely no reason to play a real soccer game to advance. They can just all take a 90 minute nap on the field and advance through.

Bad news is FIFA rules are stupid and would allow Ghana to advance over the USA in a tie despite losing to the USA.

Yeah I don't get it either. It's no wonder American's don't take soccer seriously when head to head match ups apparently mean nothing.

Not necessarily true. Germany could be playing for the #1 spot, which would mean they would most likely play Algeria and not Belgium.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily true. Germany could be playing for the #1 spot, which would mean they would most likely play Algeria and not Belgium.

Both teams could be playing for #1, but a loss for either team could mean they are eliminated depending on what happens between Ghana and Portugal. If the game ends in a tie then Germany gets #1. They beat Portugal by 4 goals so they would win any form of a tie breaker over the USA.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's why goal scoring is very important. I agree on the head to head matchup but I don't have a problem with the goal scoring being a tie breaker before head to head.(maybe i'm use to it)

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It would be less of a problem if Portugal win. Good thing Pepe is back and Muntari is suspended.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 77

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bolded part only occurs if Ghana wins and scores 2 or more goals and USA loose and doesn't score right?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolded part only occurs if Ghana wins and scores 2 or more goals and USA loose and doesn't score right?

Ghana is -1 in goal differential and the US is +1, so Ghana would have to win by 3 goals to upend the US.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Italy/Uruguay is like watching the Raiders vs the Jags. Almost unwatchable.

Italy is remarkable in their achievements but they play a boring brand of football. Uruguay does as well so this is not surprising.

Adios Italia. Good riddance.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghana is -1 in goal differential and the US is +1, so Ghana would have to win by 3 goals to upend the US.

I think what they were referring to is that if both sides had the same goal differential than Ghana would win the next tie breaker in total goals scored....

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame that England is going home early. Really wanted to see more of Raheem Sterling. Tremendous talent and only 19 years old. He's like the Darren Sproles of soccer:

The US team has a similar type of player in Julian Green, but he hasn't been able to see the field. He's a guy that could add a lot of explosion and ball handling down the sideline. Had we won today I thought Klinsmann would've for sure put him in against Germany.

I've followed Arsenal for 13 years, and with that comes watching many English games. England's issue is that they can NEVER put together a complete XI - during the Owen and Beckham years they lacked wingers, in their last Euro they lacked forwards, and this year they have no central defenders. Doesn't matter what stars they have, if they can't develop their talent they will have star players who will never play in the big games of the WC's or Euro's.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what they were referring to is that if both sides had the same goal differential than Ghana would win the next tie breaker in total goals scored....

The US has scored 4 goals to Ghana's 3. If the US remained at +1 that would mean that they tied with Germany and they would move on bc they get the point and still beat Ghana by one.