• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official World Cup Thread

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm just embarrassed to be a Spain fan. The run is over, and it's time to hit the reset button. I didn't have huge expectations coming in, but to be eliminated completely after two games? Sheesh.

Diego Costa was supposed to be the forward of the future but he's just bad. No instincts, no ball control, little technique. I don't wanna see Fernando Torres in a Spanish uniform ever again. Just pathetic display. Dude can barely run now. Say bye to Xavi and Pique. I also think Jordi Alba is just garbage as a wing back.

The only ones who played worth a damn today were Iniesta, Silva and occasionally Ramos. Even Casillas is done.

Time for a complete reboot.

Imo De Gea, Mata, Cazorla, and Cesc should be starting.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ivory Coast is going to win. They have the most players that look like they could play NFL

It takes a lot more than just raw physical talent. The footwork, technique, being able to see the plays develop, positioning, passing, etc. is all skill that needs to be developed. Unfortunately they don't have to systems to develop these players in Africa as they do in Europe or South America.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo De Gea, Mata, Cazorla, and Cesc should be starting.

I have no idea why Fab didn't play today. The decision to sit him for the entirety of the game was baffling to me.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to see what changes they make to this team in the Euro tournament.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just embarrassed to be a Spain fan. The run is over, and it's time to hit the reset button. I didn't have huge expectations coming in, but to be eliminated completely after two games? Sheesh.

Diego Costa was supposed to be the forward of the future but he's just bad. No instincts, no ball control, little technique. I don't wanna see Fernando Torres in a Spanish uniform ever again. Just pathetic display. Dude can barely run now. Say bye to Xavi and Pique. I also think Jordi Alba is just garbage as a wing back.

The only ones who played worth a damn today were Iniesta, Silva and occasionally Ramos. Even Casillas is done.

Time for a complete reboot.

Casillas was done for over a year.... he nearly blew the CL for Real.... SMH...:L

But happy to see Pique exposed... he's a big guy(who stole my Shakira!) but slow as hell... finally someone got to him. Really missed Puyol IMO.

Costa, he isn't or hasn't really trained with the spain team. Watching him at Atleti, his style really doesn't fit the current Spain style. Could he adapt? sure. Could the team change styles? of course, but IMO there wasn't enough time for that. Jese is a guy that will be great for Spain once he recovers fully. Isco should be getting much more international playing time. Alba, I'm surprised he has fell off of sorts.

Also they didn't have Messi...lol...jk... Honestly surprising departure this early IMO. I had them falling before the final 4 IIRC but this early in this fashion, wow.... first the Heat now la roja furia... Yoshi must be pissed.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everything from pregame analyst, to the game, to the announcing needs to be revamped for soccer. No one talks about the NUMBERS side of the game. That's all sports is, is inputs and outputs, yet soccer is such a name sport.

After a quick Google search

Soccer Analytics ? Presented by Prozone | MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

What I don't get is the game has been around so long and is just beginning to move to analytics? Teams are investing hundreds of millions of dollars in player, the game should have evolved by now.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything from pregame analyst, to the game, to the announcing needs to be revamped for soccer. No one talks about the NUMBERS side of the game. That's all sports is, is inputs and outputs, yet soccer is such a name sport.

What I don't get is the game has been around so long and is just beginning to move to analytics? Teams are investing hundreds of millions of dollars in player, the game should have evolved by now.

I like that though. Sometimes the numbers just get annoying. Look at MMA. They are trying to turn it into football with how they break everything down and statistics and all that. I can't watch that side of it. I am a bit elitist when it comes to MMA and I get that the more fans the better for the fighters... but man. Numbers turn everything into fantasy. Fantasy turns everything over to the bros. The bros turn everything into the darks side.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So much $$$ is being made by analysts and experts in the States because of that. They created all these statistics, most of which are just bullcrap, just to have something to talk about and sell. It's all money driven, and about 75% of it is just filler crap.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like that though. Sometimes the numbers just get annoying. Look at MMA. They are trying to turn it into football with how they break everything down and statistics and all that. I can't watch that side of it. I am a bit elitist when it comes to MMA and I get that the more fans the better for the fighters... but man. Numbers turn everything into fantasy. Fantasy turns everything over to the bros. The bros turn everything into the darks side.

I haven't been watching the MMA since the Spider broke his leg. :(

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asamoah Gyan is such a great athlete. Such a smooth runner with a powerful leg. He'll get many looks to go play in Europe after this cup, IMO.

857717573.gif

Insane game today between Germany and Ghana. It's a shame that this group has so many good teams in it, while a farce team like Argentina plays in a cake group with Bosnia, Nigeria, and Iran.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Asamoah Gyan is such a great athlete. Such a smooth runner with a powerful leg. He'll get many looks to go play in Europe after this cup, IMO.

857717573.gif

Insane game today between Germany and Ghana. It's a shame that this group has so many good teams in it, while a farce team like Argentina plays in a cake group with Bosnia, Nigeria, and Iran.

Iran I felt had the best crossing passes of the tourney thus far. They just couldn't execute the part of getting the ball into the net.

Greg Popovich's South Korea is playing Algeria today, I'll probably miss the first half, but you'll see what I mean about their offense. They make the other team chase the ball and they take shots when they have them. I'm pulling for S Korea, maybe we'll see a screen and roll today?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iran I felt had the best crossing passes of the tourney thus far. They just couldn't execute the part of getting the ball into the net.

Greg Popovich's South Korea is playing Algeria today, I'll probably miss the first half, but you'll see what I mean about their offense. They make the other team chase the ball and they take shots when they have them. I'm pulling for S Korea, maybe we'll see a screen and roll today?

I'm pulling for Algeria. Should be a great game regardless.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 already by 30 mins for Algeria. Brilliant.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Algeria just exploded with 2 great goals from Slimani and Halliche.

Not looking good for Korea at all. Algeria has been dominant all game.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Tremendous trap/turn/finish by Son.

Still down 1-3.