• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Harrison talk is dying away. The only way that subject will get brought back up is if Worilds and JJ don't pan out well. The offense is going to be good this season. Mark my words! We have a lot of talent up front with a younger line. But this is one of the best looking O-lines that we have had in the past decade or so. As long as the injury bug doesn't plague them, then we will be in business! Reports coming out of Latrobe are all saying that the team has really "showed" up at camp. Brown and Bell have received a lot of praise for their camp so far.

GetRiot

Warn the others...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right about harrison, fellas. I want him to be a monster, but only if he is playin on our team! And I think worilds did ok last season, so he should be ready to play the number one seat. I'm expecting big things from our offense this season too.

I hope you all have a good day, Im outta here! Will catch you on the flippidy flop

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler Nation Rules!!!!!

2 hours till my weekend!!!!

Still to far away!!!

:lol:

GetRiot

Warn the others...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riot could use a little advise today.

I'm headed up the canyon to go camping this weekend with my wife and her family. We are going friday night thru saturday night. My wife is way pumped up about it. Saturday night is when we will be doing the more fun camping stuff, like smores, hobo dinners, etc. My wife has been very excited for this trip and sees it as one last opportunity to have some summer fun before school begins in a couple weeks.

I just found out that saturday my father is going to go visit my little brother (teenager) at the in-patient rehab center he is currently enrolled in. He is there for drug abuse and addiction. He has been there for one month. He has only been allowed two visits, and I haven't been allowed to be in either of them (they only allowed Dad to this point). I am a huge figure in his eyes and he looks up to me A LOT.

But in order to go I will have to leave the camping trip several hours early and miss doing all of the things my wife has been looking forward to. My brother OD'd in our house early this summer. We rushed him to the hospital and they saved his life (they told us 30 minutes later he would have been dead). Our summer has been quite stressful due to all of the events that have followed that incident, with his addiction now being public knowledge.

My wife feels that I am putting him before her. I feel as though I am putting a serious situation over some fun. Am I allowing the bad choices of a 17 yr old to damage my marriage if I go to see him instead? Or am I being immature to put a camping trip before supporting my brother if I stay? I could really use some input from some friends who have more experience than I.

GetRiot

Warn the others...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I should put my wife first. She has put a lot of stock in this trip and it means the world to her. My brother will be in there for a little while, I can always go another time. maybe even next week. I can also call him and explain that I want to see him but it will have to be next time.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a tough one riot ... on one hand you have your wife that should support you in your decision and understand you love your brother .. if it were one of her family members what would she do ...now you love your wife also and if you dont go your father will be there to visit with your brother .. you do have your own life too .. my brother in law has been in and out of rehab for years Im fed up with it and so is my wife but it is still her big brother and in the end she loves him , me I would wash my hands of him and let him hit rock bottom cause he isnt going to change and wont when people keep bailing him out .. but she still always helps him even though I dont like it but I am supportive of her and try to be understanding .. thats our relationship ..so you have to find that balance between you and your wife .. you both need to put yourselves in each others shoes .. there is no easy answer my young friend ... what would happen if she stayed camping and you left ?

GetRiot

Warn the others...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you hit the nail on the head misko. I think my brother needs some tough love, but I still want to be there to support him. But he has caused a lot of strain in our family with his poor decision making. I also just recently found out that he will be getting out of rehab in two weeks. I think I am going to write him a personal letter and express my support and that I am excited to see him and wanted to be there, but simply couldn't make it. I think just the knowledge that I wanted to be there will lift his spirits a bit. I need to put my marriage first and not allow more stress to come from his actions. He also has the ability to call people (but not receive calls), so I will encourage him to call me during the week so I can help him have the confidence to finish this short run strong.

I agree with you. If everyone keeps enabling him he will never learn. Maybe seeing that I had to put my wife first will motivate him to keep himself out of rehab if he wants to spend time with his big brother.

thanks misko

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your welcome but I didnt do anything ... so go and have a good time your brother is in a safe place so dont worry about him

GetRiot

Warn the others...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not worried about his safety, just want him to know I give a crap

You gave me your two cents, and that is just what I asked for, so thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.