• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official No-call thread

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, but you have to accept how the game generally works.

That isn't how the game generally works. The way the game works is when a player commits a blatant penalty in order to stop another play for beating them, then you throw the fucking flag. I don't care what time in the game it is. Once again they called Culliver for PI just a couple minutes before that and that was a game deciding drive I guess the same rule didn't apply there.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Phil Simms had the right to call it the way he seen it. I too, believe it was the right call.Crabtree was pushing off at the same time as the holding was going on. They only showed it a dozen times.

Yea and that is why I am amazed you are still that dumb. Only reason crabs pushed off was because he was being held. He pushed off WELL after the holding was taking place. again if you watched it so much how are you still so stupid?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree should get the flag because he was trying to push away from a guy who was holding him..... Rolls eyes

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point does the hold on Smith in the 1st half bust your bubble?

klopstop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Phil Simms had the right to call it the way he seen it. I too, believe it was the right call.Crabtree was pushing off at the same time as the holding was going on. They only showed it a dozen times.

Crabtree was trying to get free after being mauled and everyone has the right to express their own view. Mine will not change and from my vantage point, we were robbed.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, and another call that the refs swallowed and ended up huge.....that safety Williams should have been tossed out of the game for shoving the ref pretty damn hard on that pileup in the 2nd quarter, I think. I remember Justin Smith being tossed for laying a hand on a ref - this guy pushed a ref with full force and didn't even get a flag. Again, probably didn't want to eject a starter that early and make such a huge call.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and another call that the refs swallowed and ended up huge.....that safety Williams should have been tossed out of the game for shoving the ref pretty damn hard on that pileup in the 2nd quarter, I think. I remember Justin Smith being tossed for laying a hand on a ref - this guy pushed a ref with full force and didn't even get a flag. Again, probably didn't want to eject a starter that early and make such a huge call.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ams-shoves-ref-stays-game-010259584--nfl.html

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea I'm like wtf? when Williams pushed that ref yet no ejection really REALLY pissed me off!

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the non-call before the holding?!?! Crabtree was blatantly lit up by a helmet-to-helmet hit. I thought the league was trying to get rid of these hits? That's a personal foul, half the distance to the goal, and a first down. Here's your proof http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/helmetgraham.gif How can anyone argue that that's not a personal foul? Fucking horse shit!!!

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all you forty-whiners fans:

As someone who had to deal with the worst call of the regular season -
[Q: When is an interception a touchdown for the offense? A: In Seattle!]
I have to say: I LOVED IT.

You've got the entire off-season and all next regular season to whine about it, and guess what? It won't change a thing.

What a great game.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

You've got the entire off-season and all next regular season to whine about it, and guess what? It won't change a thing.

What a great game.

Difference is this was for the superbowl. Yours was a reagular season game. You lost a game because of it. We lost THE game because of it.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the non-call before the holding?!?! Crabtree was blatantly lit up by a helmet-to-helmet hit. I thought the league was trying to get rid of these hits? That's a personal foul, half the distance to the goal, and a first down. Here's your proof http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/helmetgraham.gif How can anyone argue that that's not a personal foul? Fucking horse shit!!!

Not just that, but on 2nd down the corner went through Crabtree to break up the pass. These refs are/were an embarrassment and should never ref in the NFL again. Go to the arena league or CFL and fuck games up there.

steve tittle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like good d to me he is playing the ball and not pushing off like jones every down if anybody held wide outs in that game it was atlanta and the ravens should not have won the game that was pi not holding and would have been first and goal that was the worst non call in super bowl history and will go down in history as such.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, if only the niners got the benefit of the doubt on a similar no call once before!

9ERPI.gif

Dance bitch.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that does suck that a less blatant PI had just been called on the Niners...I'm just saying refs don't want to decide a game in the end zone on the last play. Ravens knew that which is why they played it how they did.

But they did. They decided it by not following the rules. They allowed the 49ers to lose the ball when they shouldn't have. That decided the game. End of story. The refs were wrong. You can't dance around it.

Yep. Some people think Jordan's push off wasn't a push-off, but those who say it was, say that the refs didn't want to decide the game. Well, if it were a pushoff, not calling it basically did decide the game. I think Jordan would have won anyway, either in OT or Game 7. I'm just addressing the "refs not deciding a game" aspect. Jordan still had to hit the shot, so I suppose that is a factor.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a great game.

I loved it when the niners eliminated the packers and you and your fans went through all the excuses then. A fan is a fan.

Your team wasn't good enough to make it to the NFC championship and you're here talking? :lame:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was bound to happen, so we might as well make it officiall.

At this point, I only have one thing to say about it: I hope when they interview Jim that he doesn't complain about it. Why? Because the entire world is going to do it for him.

2013 Super Bowl -- Jim Harbaugh criticizes officiating, non-call on Michael Crabtree of San Francisco 49ers - ESPN

Mike Pereira agrees with the officials, something to do with starting the holding before the 5 yards officials call it differently when it extends beyond the five yards? Clayton mentioned this, so I'm just assuming.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl XLVII -- Ravens-49ers won't soon be forgotten - ESPN

"2. The non-call on Smith shouldn't be a surprise: Though the decision was controversial, the NFL gave Jerome Boger the chance to referee the Super Bowl even though he didn't have a conference championship game on his resume, which is against the norm but the league denied was a must.

Boger had a reasonably clean game, but his history is to let players play. He and his crew called 13.8 penalties a game during the regular season, which is slightly below the league average. On Sunday, Boger and the assembled officiated team called the Ravens for just two penalties for 20 yards, and the 49ers for five penalties for 33 yards. Though Smith's hold on Crabtree seemed pronounced, officials don't always make that call. Jim Harbaugh clearly disagreed."

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
2013 Super Bowl -- Jim Harbaugh criticizes officiating, non-call on Michael Crabtree of San Francisco 49ers - ESPN

Mike Pereira agrees with the officials, something to do with starting the holding before the 5 yards officials call it differently when it extends beyond the five yards? Clayton mentioned this, so I'm just assuming.

Screw holding; it was pass intereference. All bets are off when the ball is in the air. The ball was in the air, and Smith was holding him with both hands.