• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official No-call thread

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I just really say. Tht we did it 2 ourselves. Yeah some calls would've helped, but man. We should've pulled tht 1 out.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just really say. Tht we did it 2 ourselves. Yeah some calls would've helped, but man. We should've pulled tht 1 out.

Not "some" calls. The right calls. You don't let a team get away with breaking the rules because somebody is retiring. If that somebody had played better, he wouldn't have needed the officials to bail his team out all game long.

But the NFL already has a post-playing cushy office job lined up for Lewis. How this is overlooked is beyond me.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You don't let a team get away with breaking the rules because somebody is retiring.

LOL. Its all a big conspiracy!!! Anyone with an ounce of common sense should dismiss this notion without a second thought. The NFL has infinitely more to lose by doing anything to rig a game than it could possibly gain by giving Lewis a win to end his career. Its absolutely poppycock nonsense, I can't even think of how to describe how ridiculous that notion is. What do they gain from sending him out with a win? Unbelievable, get a hold of yourself.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wartyone it should've even came down 2 calls. If we would've scored TD's nstead of damn FG's. We win walking away. But I feel u on the Ray Lewis shit.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Its all a big conspiracy!!! Anyone with an ounce of common sense should dismiss this notion without a second thought. The NFL has infinitely more to lose by doing anything to rig a game than it could possibly gain by giving Lewis a win to end his career. Its absolutely poppycock nonsense, I can't even think of how to describe how ridiculous that notion is. What do they gain from sending him out with a win? Unbelievable, get a hold of yourself.

How do you explain the three no-calls on the final series, or the no-call/no-ejection when Williams shoved a ref to the ground?

Do you believe Brady gets those penalties?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wartyone it should've even came down 2 calls. If we would've scored TD's nstead of damn FG's. We win walking away. But I feel u on the Ray Lewis shit.

It doesn't matter if it should have or not. It did come down to those three no-calls on the final drive.

I absolutely guarantee the Ravens get those calls if the situation was reversed.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It does matter. Bcuz u dnt leave it n the refs hands. Just like u hear n the NBA wit playoff fouls. Certain times n games the refs just not gonna make the call my guy. Bcus they dnt wanna b the deciding factor. I know it sucks 4 us, but we won't know about the call. Bcuz the Ravens won.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How do you explain the three no-calls on the final series, or the no-call/no-ejection when Williams shoved a ref to the ground?

That they're humans, terrified of making a mistake or too big a call on the biggest plays on the biggest stage. And let's be clear, Williams should have been ejected but didn't shove anyone to the ground. We don't need to exaggerate everything.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does matter. Bcuz u dnt leave it n the refs hands. Just like u hear n the NBA wit playoff fouls. Certain times n games the refs just not gonna make the call my guy. Bcus they dnt wanna b the deciding factor. I know it sucks 4 us, but we won't know about the call. Bcuz the Ravens won.

But they were the deciding factor, unless we're to assume that we wouldn't be able to run the ball in from the one yard line on 4 attempts.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That they're humans, terrified of making a mistake or too big a call on the biggest plays on the biggest stage. And let's be clear, Williams should have been ejected but didn't shove anyone to the ground. We don't need to exaggerate everything.

I'll own that. I could have sworn he ended up on the ground.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He nearly did not that big of an exaggeration really. That upset me the most, he clearly should have been ejected. No doubt. How he wasn't is beyond me, there's no precedent for him not being ejected. If Justin Smith was ejected a couple years back for shrugging a ref off, this dude should have been ejected, fined, and suspended for a game. That ref is a puss for not ejecting him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they were the deciding factor, unless we're to assume that we wouldn't be able to run the ball in from the one yard line on 4 attempts.

I think that wanting to decide the game or not has little to do with whether they did or not. It's like if a basketball player misses a field goal, they did miss despite not wanting to be the choker. So, I won't say that they didn't rig the game, just saying that dre's contention is plausible. I wish they had called it correctly and if they couldn't I wish that it had been a clean last series that we dropped. I don't like losing, but especially when I think we should have won - this goes for both blown calls and underperforming by my team.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A ref did end up on the ground. You couldn't see it on camera but a ref got leveled. Either way, the rule is clear. Just ask J. Smith.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ref did end up on the ground. You couldn't see it on camera but a ref got leveled. Either way, the rule is clear. Just ask J. Smith.

Not the one Williams shoved. I went back and watched the video several times. The one Williams shoved took a step or two back, but stayed upright after being shoved.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the one Williams shoved. I went back and watched the video several times. The one Williams shoved took a step or two back, but stayed upright after being shoved.

Yeah, I've looked at it. One hit the ground but the cameras didn't see it. There was a lot of scuffling that TV didn't show. I wonder why...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've looked at it. One hit the ground but the cameras didn't see it. There was a lot of scuffling that TV didn't show. I wonder why...

I don't see a conspiracy here. Not replaying it? Yes, maybe, but the original coverage, they don't know where the action is going to be and I can't assume they see everything the first time. But they could have gone back.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cary Williams Rips 49ers After Fight - Business Insider

"To me, I feel like the 49ers are pretenders. They're fake tough guys. You got to play football. We do it physical and we do it between the whistles. They were diving on piles, shoving people from behind. They can try to pretend they're physical, but we really are."

This should be in the locker room, the weight room and on the field until the next ring comes home.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cary Williams is an official Douche nozzle.