• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official No-call thread

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got home so I'm late to this. In brief;

1) Cary Williams should have been ejected as well as the second Raven holding the ref back

2) T. Smith had an offensive PI

3) On our last drive there were fouls on 2nd, 3rd and 4th down that should have given us 1st's.

What can we conclude?

Ray Lewis had to retire with a SB victory. Pretty obvious.

Ran across this clip and thought it fit here. Didn't want to bump this thread but since Ray likes to stir up the past...

Last edited by a moderator:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran across this clip and thought it fit here. Didn't want to bump this thread but since Ray likes to stir up the past...

On the original list of complaints, you could also add that the Ravens ENTIRE ST unit held on the last punt to burn clock time. Not one flag, ten different blatant holds. Check 2:48.35 on the video below. Obviously this doesn't mean that the Niners would have won, but it just adds to the stupidity in officiating that night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On the original list of complaints, you could also add that the Ravens ENTIRE ST unit held on the last punt to burn clock time. Not one flag, ten different blatant holds. Check 2:48.35 on the video below. Obviously this doesn't mean that the Niners would have won, but it just adds to the stupidity in officiating that night.

I was thinking about this play earlier today. At the time, I was furious. Still am. It's not so much that it affected the outcome of the game, but it was just the icing on the cake of a horribly called super bowl.

Here's what should have happened/should happen in the future: as soon as there is a hold in the endzone, it's a safety. Simple enough, and already part of the rules. So you flag the penalty and whistle the play dead as soon as the hold occurs - the hold is the functional equivalent of tackling the ball carrier. Then you tack the 10-yard penalty onto the end of the return. In the case of this game, it would have put the Niners on the 40 with 5 or so seconds to play, trailing by three. Again, it's still unlikely we win the game, but it makes it a whole lot more interesting, and doesn't involve a blatant, uncalled penalty (or five). I bet that sort of holding would stop immediately.