• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was the case he did the team no favors by playing hurt, he should have got whatever fixed and sat out until it healed. I mean if you;re hurt and go 20+ games with no points why waste that rooster spot? On a side note, I think 4 other forwards proved we're not totally dependent on Giroux, We bring up some more speed to do a better forechecking job, I think will generate more scoring chances.
Is he our best center at this point?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the third line is buzzing and nobody else is scoring regularly. Its always one line or the other or the other that is hot. Why can we ever have three of four lines scoring at the same time and maybe a PP goal here and there. If we could do that as couple times a week we would be elite.

We definitely need to find something with the top two lines. Maybe try Voracek back with Giroux or both Schenn/Simmonds. Weal has looked electric at times, but not so much lately. To his credit, G did manage to have points in six straight before last night. Konecny is starting to pile up goals. It's great to have Weise chipping in, finally.

Our power play definitely needs to simplify things and get the damn puck to the net, then go hard for rebounds. We're playing too soft on the power play. The penalty killers are outworking us on the boards and we're passing it around too much. It's really uncanny how terrible our two man advantage results have been. I believe they said only one such goal we've scored this entire fucking season...Lol I remember having many of these power plays too, whether it be 5 on 3 or 6 on 4. It's absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer on the PK is off the charts.....

Simmer makes a PK exciting for us....why they waited so long to put him in on PK's is a real head scratcher.

:scratch:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm counting 3 for 36 on the power play just this month. That's only an 8.3% conversion rate and a few of those were definitely two man advantages. It's become an embarrassment.

To give you an idea of just how bad this is, Colorado has by far the worst power play this season at 12.9%.

Other teams can constantly take liberties with anyone on our team and they rarely ever pay for it on the scoreboard.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018-19 is the season that I look for us to start absolutely dominating. That's not next season, but the following season. Filppula, Read, Manning and Umberger all officially come off the books. There will be an absolute ton of cap space, our defense will be completely revamped with prospects and perhaps we will have done something with MacDonald by then too. If we make the right tweaks between now and then, that will be a very productive year for us, to the point where we may be buying in the offseason and at the deadline.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018-19 is the season that I look for us to start absolutely dominating. That's not next season, but the following season. Filppula, Read, Manning and Umberger all officially come off the books. There will be an absolute ton of cap space, our defense will be completely revamped with prospects and perhaps we will have done something with MacDonald by then too. If we make the right tweaks between now and then, that will be a very productive year for us, to the point where we may be buying in the offseason and at the deadline.
This also means Gee is a full 2 years older.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simmer makes a PK exciting for us....why they waited so long to put him in on PK's is a real head scratcher.

Maybe this is part of the reason the PP has dropped off? Playing significant minutes on the PK takes a toll on your stamina, which is why most teams try to avoid having forwards who play key minutes on the PP also play key minutes on the PK.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has been playing a little better as of late but as been his whole career even when he was young and healthy he is a bad 5 on 5 player and the PP goals seemed to take the sting out of his terrible even strength play. With the PP failing often and now with the rest of the team haven fallen to the dregs of the league in 5 on 5 play it really stands out more that he is not leading us out of that funk.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the real head scratched is we now know he is a great PK and we sign Frenchie to a two year deal and hand him an A to wear on his shirt.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would need Boston or Toronto to stumble big time or this will be mathematically over soon enough. A 7 or 8 point lead is too much to overcome with only 11 games remaining and no more head to head matchups.

The silver lining is that Giroux has been negatively affected by his hip this season, so he probably will be significantly better next season with an offseason of actual training.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would need Boston or Toronto to stumble big time or this will be mathematically over soon enough. A 7 or 8 point lead is too much to overcome with only 11 games remaining and no more head to head matchups.

The silver lining is that Giroux has been negatively affected by his hip this season, so he probably will be significantly better next season with an offseason of actual training.
I watched the third period of the Tor vs Boston game last night and Boston was dominating until late in the game Toronto scored and the roof fell in. Dammit Boston why couldn't you help us out.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the third period of the Tor vs Boston game last night and Boston was dominating until late in the game Toronto scored and the roof fell in. Dammit Boston why couldn't you help us out.

We have bad luck this year lol. It's all going to change next year as I will be sacrificing a Kate Smith Action figure to the Gods of Ice and Pucks!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been playing a little better as of late but as been his whole career even when he was young and healthy he is a bad 5 on 5 player and the PP goals seemed to take the sting out of his terrible even strength play. With the PP failing often and now with the rest of the team haven fallen to the dregs of the league in 5 on 5 play it really stands out more that he is not leading us out of that funk.

Even if he had been playing better as of late, we needed him all year and he, being hurt, handicapped us.