• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ lastnight

Once again we make a terrible defensive team and backup goalie who hasn't played in months look like the defending champs.

Schultz can't take the penalty that led to the first goal against. Our special teams are just too awful right now to be that careless with the puck.

I don't think I've ever in my life seen a play blown dead a full 25 seconds after both referees did not make a call, only to have a linesman make the high sticking call and then on top of that Toronto phoning in the guilty party. Are you fucking kidding me!? If that were us, play would've gone on with no penalty at all.

I feel like Mase should've had the second goal against, but why are we leaving Wheeler so fucking wide open when he's already got a goal?

Too much space for Scheifele too on the last goal against and I believe that was also a very slow line change.

Not sure what we are doing offensively for the vast majority of the game.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go boys. At least we have some Sid comedy from last night.

Edit: Seriously when I first saw this I immediately thought Sid did his famous dive. I hate to see anyone get hurt. Sid lost a couple of teeth as a result.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ lastnight

Once again we make a terrible defensive team and backup goalie who hasn't played in months look like the defending champs.

Schultz can't take the penalty that led to the first goal against. Our special teams are just too awful right now to be that careless with the puck.

I don't think I've ever in my life seen a play blown dead a full 25 seconds after both referees did not make a call, only to have a linesman make the high sticking call and then on top of that Toronto phoning in the guilty party. Are you fucking kidding me!? If that were us, play would've gone on with no penalty at all.

I feel like Mase should've had the second goal against, but why are we leaving Wheeler so fucking wide open when he's already got a goal?

Too much space for Scheifele too on the last goal against and I believe that was also a very slow line change.

I hope this summer our entire offense get re-evaluated and something is done because we could have 6 all star defenseman back there and still finish middle of the pack with the forwards we have

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this summer our entire offense get re-evaluated and something is done because we could have 6 all star defenseman back there and still finish middle of the pack with the forwards we have

We probably did deserve another goal or two last night easily, but we need to stop letting bad luck rule our hockey games. Get to the front of the fucking net, screen the goalie and pump those rebounds home. Hutchinson was shaky virtually the whole game and we never made him pay for it. It's fucking terrible and you're absolutely right.

I'm pretty sure that Hexy is aware of all of this when he says stuff like "We can blame bad puck luck for a lot of these results, but not for a whole season of them." He's right on when he says something to that effect.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go boys. At least we have some Sid comedy from last night.

Edit: Seriously when I first saw this I immediately thought Sid did his famous dive. I hate to see anyone get hurt. Sid lost a couple of teeth as a result.

Unfortunately that Bastard had a sic goal last night, I hate him but he is talented!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ lastnight

And many others need to not be on this team next year for sure!!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably did deserve another goal or two last night easily, but we need to stop letting bad luck rule our hockey games. Get to the front of the fucking net, screen the goalie and pump those rebounds home. Hutchinson was shaky virtually the whole game and we never made him pay for it. It's fucking terrible and you're absolutely right.

I'm pretty sure that Hexy is aware of all of this when he says stuff like "We can blame bad puck luck for a lot of these results, but not for a whole season of them." He's right on when he says something to that effect.

Also I see Gee is posted up on the faceoff dot during the PP again. This does not work anymore.:L

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's truly embarrassing that is takes us 59 minutes and 58 seconds of a game against a horrid defense and goalie before we finally get a point shot and deflection in front for a dirty goal. By then, it was obviously too fucking late to even matter. I have to give Read (and MDZ) props for not quitting, but where the hell was this strategy earlier in the game when it actually mattered!?!

It was almost a moment of clarity, like "Oh dayum, that's how goals are actually scored in the Nhl..."

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I see Gee is posted up on the faceoff dot during the PP again. This does not work anymore.:L
None of his moves work anymore. He wasn't the fastest player in the world but he was just fast enough to have his moves work now he just isnt fast enough with 5 guys on the ice defending.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's truly embarrassing that is takes us 59 minutes and 58 seconds of a game against a horrid defense and goalie before we finally get a point shot and deflection in front for a dirty goal. By then, it was obviously too fucking late to even matter. I have to give Read (and MDZ) props for not quitting, but where the hell was this strategy earlier in the game when it actually mattered!?!

It was almost a moment of clarity, like "Oh dayum, that's how goals are actually scored in the Nhl..."
Why would we try to score the easy way why not coast in pull up and look for a trailing man coasting into the zone for a 40 foot shot with nobody in front (sarcasm noted)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we try to score the easy way why not coast in pull up and look for a trailing man coasting into the zone for a 40 foot shot with nobody in front (sarcasm noted)

And then after the pass nobody crashes the net for the ensuing shot, lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then after the pass nobody crashes the net for the ensuing shot, lol.
Im pretty disgusted at this team right now, hopefully they are just as mad at themselves and we get two points in every game from here on out.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty disgusted at this team right now, hopefully they are just as mad at themselves and we get two points in every game from here on out.

If I was a competitor and wanted to win at the highest level, I'd be on myself like a cheap suit.