• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When all is said and done, and the word comes down that Giroux has been injured since the World Cup of Hockey, the next question will be....should that change the long term plan? How much dos that impact the evaluation of the season?

Personally....I don't care. If the team is THAT dependent on Giroux then clearly there are deep deep issues.

If that was the case he did the team no favors by playing hurt, he should have got whatever fixed and sat out until it healed. I mean if you;re hurt and go 20+ games with no points why waste that rooster spot? On a side note, I think 4 other forwards proved we're not totally dependent on Giroux, We bring up some more speed to do a better forechecking job, I think will generate more scoring chances.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if our boys are clinging to any kind of hope at all that they are a playoff team, this game tonight is an absolute must-win. Carolina has pulled ahead of us in the standings via one fewer game played.

Believe it or not, the teams that are 5, 6 and 7 points ahead of us are just treading water right now too. It almost seems like nobody wants this last wild card spot. We're still out of this unless both Toronto and Tampa stumble, but I want to see some fight out of our team here.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Konecny tonight.....

Konecny.jpg

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for the win, but you know your season is fucked when you are excited about Weise scoring :L

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much more interested in the Phantoms at this point haha. But it was an exciting finish last night, gotta take it for what it's worth. Good to see Konecny and Provorov have big impacts.

Excited for Lindblom and Myers to make the team next year, maybe Hagg. Laughton has played really well for the Phantoms the 2nd half of the season too, maybe he's not a total bust yet. Next year would be much more exciting if it's..

Lindblom-Giroux-Simmonds
Konecny-Filpula-Voracek
Weal-Couturier-Schenn
Weise-Bellemare-Laughton

Provorov-Myers
Hagg-Gudas
MacDonald-Ghost

Who the hell knows what the goalie situation would be, but that lineup is a significant improvement over the current one IMO.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much more interested in the Phantoms at this point haha. But it was an exciting finish last night, gotta take it for what it's worth. Good to see Konecny and Provorov have big impacts.

Excited for Lindblom and Myers to make the team next year, maybe Hagg. Laughton has played really well for the Phantoms the 2nd half of the season too, maybe he's not a total bust yet. Next year would be much more exciting if it's..

Lindblom-Giroux-Simmonds
Konecny-Filpula-Voracek
Weal-Couturier-Schenn
Weise-Bellemare-Laughton

Provorov-Myers
Hagg-Gudas
MacDonald-Ghost

Who the hell knows what the goalie situation would be
, but that lineup is a significant improvement over the current one IMO.

I gotta think it will be Stolarz and Nuevy? I think Mase is traded in the off season hopefully for a good forward.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When all is said and done, and the word comes down that Giroux has been injured since the World Cup of Hockey, the next question will be....should that change the long term plan? How much dos that impact the evaluation of the season?

Personally....I don't care. If the team is THAT dependent on Giroux then clearly there are deep deep issues.

They should tear that C off his jersey!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta think it will be Stolarz and Nuevy? I think Mase is traded in the off season hopefully for a good forward.

At this point, keeping either one is a kick in the ass for us.....

Flip a coin, heads we keep Mase, Tails we keep Neuvy.....:2cents:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lindblom-Giroux-Simmonds
Konecny-Filpula-Voracek
Weal-Couturier-Schenn
Weise-Bellemare-Laughton

Provorov-Myers
Hagg-Gudas
MacDonald-Ghost

Who the hell knows what the goalie situation would be, but that lineup is a significant improvement over the current one IMO.
I would switch Weal and TK as the second line would have three passers and nobody to shoot enough. After McD having a pretty good season this year i dont see them breaking him up with Prov. I also dont see how this team above is a significant improvement, slight improvement maybe but significant i dont see it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a big comeback win obviously, but it kind of needed to be in regulation. I thought we deserved a much better fate and we definitely got a lucky bounce late, then capitalized on it in OT. Ironically, we didn't take enough close games to OT this season and that's why we're in this mess to begin with. Again we lose the special teams battle with ease, but this time manage to get the two points anyway.

The future definitely looks bright with Provorov and Konecny already in the fold and now dominating.

Also, how about the game from Couturier? 3 assists, 5 shots and a +3 in addition to the game winning drive to the net that was truly something special. If Couturier can just do this half of the time or even close, he's going to be a stud for us for a long time. To be fair, we've been tough on this kid, but look at his numbers this month. 9 points, 22 shots, +9, a game winning goal and game winning drive in only 9 total games. This dude has been money lately, quite frankly.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a big comeback win obviously, but it kind of needed to be in regulation. I thought we deserved a much better fate and we definitely got a lucky bounce late, then capitalized on it in OT. Ironically, we didn't take enough close games to OT this season and that's why we're in this mess to begin with. Again we lose the special teams battle with ease, but this time manage to get the two points anyway.

The future definitely looks bright with Provorov and Konecny already in the fold and now dominating.

Also, how about the game from Couturier? 3 assists, 5 shots and a +3 in addition to the game winning drive to the net that was truly something special. If Couturier can just do this half of the time or even close, he's going to be a stud for us for a long time. To be fair, we've been tough on this kid, but look at his numbers this month. 9 points, 22 shots, +9, a game winning goal and game winning drive. This dude has been money lately, quite frankly.
It also looks like Ghost is back. It cant be just a confidence thing he is so much faster now than earlier in the season i have to think he was hurt.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also looks like Ghost is back. It cant be just a confidence thing he is so much faster now than earlier in the season i have to think he was hurt.

True, I missed that. Ghost looks dazzling and elite again. He can make anyone miss and do it anywhere on the ice to either drift a shot through or get the puck out of his own zone and so on.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the third line is buzzing and nobody else is scoring regularly. Its always one line or the other or the other that is hot. Why can we ever have three of four lines scoring at the same time and maybe a PP goal here and there. If we could do that as couple times a week we would be elite.