• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couturier has definitely had a rough game here. Now sure what the hell he is doing. Too slow all over the ice and turning it over.
He has looked so much better lately. The whole game i was wondering if he was high.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It dont think it would be running Mase down because weve had days off in between games.We didn't lose this game because we started the cold goalie but it didn't help us win it.

Agreed. Sure they were good shots that beat him, but 3 unscreened, undeflected goals against cannot happen in a game of this importance. Neuvy had no business starting that game. At this point, I hope Mase gets traded for his sake. Hak's treatment of him has been so unfair.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Sure they were good shots that beat him, but 3 unscreened, undeflected goals against cannot happen in a game of this importance. Neuvy had no business starting that game. At this point, I hope Mase gets traded for his sake. Hak's treatment of him has been so unfair.

Stolarz will be up next year and is the same type of goalie we wont be missing much. Its Mase own fault if he didn't suck for 3/4 of this season he would've been our starter and finisher.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has looked so much better lately. The whole game i was wondering if he was high.
We have seen this before many many many times. Three solid weeks of hockey get everyone gets geeked that he is finally going to reach his potential and right back to gliding around.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it was easy to second guess starting him right away. That was the wrong choice. Period. Mason is a better goalie who's running hot. Versus Neuvy who is in an inferior goalie running cold. Neuvirth has the worst sv% in the entire NHL of goalies that have more than 14 starts. Not bottom third, not bottom 5. The WORST. Last in the NHL.

Last night's game was critical to any hope at making the playoffs. And Hakstol started the worst goalie in the league this season. Utterly ridiculous.

Lol hard to argue any of your points, and Jesus I had no Idea Nuevy's stats were that bad.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would quote everyone because I agree with all that's being said, I see only two games where I would have potentially started Nuevy, NJD and Carolina, We have a pretty hectic schedule, if they can pull it off it means they will have huge confidence going into the playoffs.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Nuevy had a solid game last night. Had some big saves. The team let him down on what he gave up. The 2 pp goals they scored reminded me of the one Eichel scored on Mase the other night. You can't give these kids time and space in the slot like that. Marner and Nylander shoot to well.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Nuevy had a solid game last night. Had some big saves. The team let him down on what he gave up. The 2 pp goals they scored reminded me of the one Eichel scored on Mase the other night. You can't give these kids time and space in the slot like that. Marner and Nylander shoot to well.

I agree although I wasn't impressed with the one that went 5 hole.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would quote everyone because I agree with all that's being said, I see only two games where I would have potentially started Nuevy, NJD and Carolina, We have a pretty hectic schedule, if they can pull it off it means they will have huge confidence going into the playoffs.
With Mase being hot i thought he should've stuck with him until he lost especially since it wasn't back to backs.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Marner and Nylander goals, yes, you have to blame the penalty killing for giving them too much space to pick a spot and snipe it. Couturier has to be blamed for the Bozak goal. Too slow and unaware of the pressure. Puck needs to leave the zone quicker.

The basic point is that Andersen was stopping the grade A chances when called upon (be it luck or skill) and Neuvy was not. We're being tough on him possibly, but this is a tough time of year and that was an enormous game.

We can bounce back from that, but it definitely stings and I'm sure we will just ride Mase now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuevy had a good game, he didn't make us lose we did a fine job of that all on our own with turnovers. It was a curious start of Neuvy to say the least.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Mase being hot i thought he should've stuck with him until he lost especially since it wasn't back to backs.

Agreed, that's why I said potentially, I think it was that Dickhead Tortarella that said that about Bob, "He's our starting goalie, he's supposed to play those big games".

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marner and Nylander goals, yes, you have to blame the penalty killing for giving them too much space to pick a spot and snipe it. Couturier has to be blamed for the Bozak goal. Too slow and unaware of the pressure. Puck needs to leave the zone quicker.

The basic point is that Andersen was stopping the grade A chances when called upon (be it luck or skill) and Neuvy was not. We're being tough on him possibly, but this is a tough time of year and that was an enormous game.

We can bounce back from that, but it definitely stings and I'm sure we will just ride Mase now.
My point is that I think they score at least 3 on Mason last night as well.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no time to pout over this game. We can make amends by beating Boston tomorrow afternoon in regulation, which helps Toronto, but also helps us in turn.

It's still a huge game because Boston likely then gets pushed into a wild card (or out completely) and then we can use strong play and the game in hand to overtake them for that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that I think they score at least 3 on Mason last night as well.

Tough to say. He is hot. I think he could've stopped one of them (given his size and positioning) and then Ghost's goal was the equalizer. It's potentially two very valuable points down the drain.

I mean, I thought we had a lot of shots and high quality chances. Andersen only let in two and he's not exactly a Vezina candidate either.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuevy had a good game, he didn't make us lose we did a fine job of that all on our own with turnovers. It was a curious start of Neuvy to say the least.
I am all for riding the hot hand but with any support on the pp we win.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our penalty kill is getting absolutely shredded as of late. The opposition is 5 for 10 on the power play across our last three opponents. There needs to be more pressure. We're letting snipers stroll on in close and fire away with screens.

These are absolutely things that can and will be corrected.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to say. He is hot. I think he could've stopped one of them (given his size and positioning) and then Ghost's goal was the equalizer. It's potentially two very valuable points down the drain.

I mean, I thought we had a lot of shots and high quality chances. Andersen only let in two and he's not exactly a Vezina candidate either.
We make a lot of goalies look better than they are by shooting into them. Nylander and Marner saw small openings and hit them. It's like on the goal ghost scored. I don't think too many goalies could have stopped that one.