• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Coots.

@Chris p Bacon

raw

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, Jake got hit high and hard with nothing. It was a sneaky elbow or forearm and nothing was done. Perhaps it was a mistake, but either way it's a penalty.

Regardless, I don't think anything should be called in OT of a rivalry game of this magnitude unless it is egregious. I still haven't seen the penalty MDZ committed, so I doubt it was anything significant. We probably had at least a decent chance in the shootout as we are 6-4 this season with Voracek and Weal having scored in the last game.

I hear Chris Therien say that' "No Doubt" at least 3 times a game.....
I set up shots for each time he says it....granted he is not like Myron Cope, who we use to set up shots for his famous catch phrase, but at least you get a good buzz listening to the game!!!

But I agree, just seems that late in the games, the refs do everything they can to stack the odds against us!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's sad, and down right sucks that when we are playing a big team (EX. Pens, Caps) all the big names on the Flyers are heard once, maybe twice if they play hard enough!!!

That's a load of shit....When the team needs Giroux, Vorecek, Simmer, and Schenn the most, it just seems like they allow the other team to shut them down!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I think I'm one for 50 on these guesses?

Yeah, I don't think any of us are doing that hot in the category this year.

But in our defense, it would help if they would score more fuckin goals!!!!

73107140.jpg

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was noticing in the game last night and games I've seen before, But don't most of Wilson's big hits come when the other player is already engaged? I saw that quite a bit and thought he gets away with that a lot.
We need a Tom Wilson in the worst way.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed they are definitely not out of it and playing better hockey. The PP needs to pick it up.

That penalty in OT I'm not sure about it either seems weak especially compared to the one missed on Jake. You call an iffy one in OT and miss a blatant head shot earlier???
Missed call on Jake was total BS and i think sometimes refs should get suspended like the players do.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense is so pathetic. Cant win anything scoring one goal a game.

We have a better chance at the lottery!!!!

And we all know guys like Gee, and Simmer are streaky when it comes to scoring, but it's time!!!

They need to start steaking big time if we are to have any chance this year!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed call on Jake was total BS and i think sometimes refs should get suspended like the players do.

That would be great, but when the play gets reviewed and the shit heads in Toronto can't get the calls right either, how can you expect them to hold the refs accountable???

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson taking runs at Simmer our top goal scorer and nobody does anything about it. If im the opponent i send a 4th liner to take on our top players every game. We have no defense for that strategy its embarrassing at this point. If we are going to have a bottom 6 full of guys who cant score might as well stock up on guys that can affect the game in another way.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson taking runs at Simmer our top goal scorer and nobody does anything about it. If im the opponent i send a 4th liner to take on our top players every game. We have no defense for that strategy its embarrassing at this point. If we are going to have a bottom 6 full of guys who cant score might as well stock up on guys that can affect the game in another way.

I thought it was big for Simmer not to bite on his shit early....
But then again it really didn't matter, we were ineffective the first and second period. So he should of knocked the shit out of him, but hind site is 20/20

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then again it really didn't matter, we were ineffective the first and second period. So he should of knocked the shit out of him, but hind site is 20/20
Simmer was very smart in not taking the bait. Trading Simmer for Wilson for 5 minutes would be a really bad trade off for us.We have a team full of pusses except for Simmer Manning Gudas and Jake. One reason we need Morin on this team as soon as possible

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, this is what I was pissed about, a lot of it was pretty border line to cheap shit too.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer was very smart in not taking the bait. Trading Simmer for Wilson for 5 minutes would be a really bad trade off for us.We have a team full of pusses except for Simmer Manning Gudas and Jake. One reason we need Morin on this team as soon as possible

He should have knocked his teeth out, I miss the good old days when we had a good enforcer.:tsk: