• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is over until we decide it is here, but we can't just roll over and take it whenever we face any adversity.

That means we better give the Caps hell in DC tomorrow and if the refs make a terrible call or they get a very fortunate bounce, just power through it!!

I truly think the addition of Filppula could spark the offense ultimately and if so makes Hexy look like a genius. Also, Mase appears to be mad that he was benched and didn't get an extension, because he's building a brick wall around his net. I'm counting one goal given up over the last 73 shots against. It's time to just ride the hot hand and go with it.
Although i do think we played better offensively last night and hope we destroy Washington in their place we still only scored 1 regulation goal. We need to the puck in the net on PPs that would help immensely

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i liked about our shots last night was that they were scoring chances not just 40 shots per game which are flip ins from the side boards. We had a purpose to get to the net with good chances.

Exactly I liked that part too. We wont miss those rebounds all the time either.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking Schenn or Jake or Gudas before i would think Belmare

Gudas......

Cot-damn....shit werk is really fuckin with me today!!!

Gudas gets my vote!!!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they played big time hard in the first, then after the goal it just took the wind out of them.....
As I could see how it would, but hey shit happens.....

Schenn, was above and beyond awesome on that play.....like they said last night, "The shooter became the passer and the Passer the shooter!" But that was outfuckinstanding by Schenn, to see the play and not be selfish with the shot, but to dish it off for the sure goal!!!!

Mase, what can you say....is he showing his resume to get on another team, or is he showing Hextall he signed the wrong goalie!!!! Not sure which, but he is playing for a purpose right now!!!!

Man if he can do it consistently he would be a top 5 goalie for sure.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking Schenn or Jake or Gudas before i would think Belmare

After further review, I would have to scratch Gudas......
Not that I don't like him, the dude is bad ass, but I could see him checking a ref up against the glass if he didn't get a fair shake.....:lol:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cot damnit......

We need Konecny back!!!!!

flyers_486.jpg

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First goal against the CRAPitals.......

I will go with.......
ap-shayne-gostisbehere-flyers-celebration.jpg

Let's see him get his shit together!!!!

:yes:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK I'm sure there are others more deserving, but I know nothing of his locker room presence so maybe?
I listened to the start of the game in the car and announcers were saying it was well received by the players. If they are happy about it, I am happy about it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to the start of the game in the car and announcers were saying it was well received by the players. If they are happy about it, I am happy about it.
I like it also but if i was coach Jake would've gotten the letter. Maybe Frenchie will get some points now that he is recognized as a leader and plays with more offensive confidence.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although i do think we played better offensively last night and hope we destroy Washington in their place we still only scored 1 regulation goal. We need to the puck in the net on PPs that would help immensely

I think the offense should only get better from here on out. It might be tough tomorrow still against the best regular season team, but we have to battle through it.

This team has struggled with this issue for a long time now, I believe. We work so hard for our goals and the opposing team can spend half the game screwing off while their goalie bails them out, then net a couple of quick goals with highly skilled plays and the game is over.

Basically, we need our skill guys to be more creative and show their talent. I think everyone is so worried about the puck going the other way. Just play with speed and take care of the puck, but also, don't be afraid to make a play. Do it right though. Let our defenders pinch constantly and with confidence, but that forward better be covering for them.

Our power play can be dominant, I think, once we start performing consistently on it and work Filppula into the fold. Simmonds and Schenn can't be the only two guys who finish plays. Jake, G and Ghost need to be able to one-time it or drift it through and score with a screen in front.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles, Leafs and Lightning all playing tonight. Three teams we need to be ahead of to make the playoffs. I may have to keep an eye on these games.