• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly if they can't get him off the books, I don't hate that concept. I wouldn't put him with Giroux and Voracek because none of them play left wing. G could move to RW if you wanted Vinny at C, but I don't see that happening.

I would actually think more along the lines of a Raffl.Lecavalier.Voracek line. Voracek sets up Vinny, Raffl crashes the net. Raffl and Voracek are fairly responsible defensively. Then you have Read.G.Simmonds with G setting up Read and Simmonds crashing the net.

IMO it would definitely be something to toy with. However, option A through about Q would be moving Vinny any way you can. Might even say benching him is above putting him on a scoring line. But if you're going to have him out there, you gotta put him with some talent. He's a detriment to a 4th line. I'd rather have Vandevelde or Cousins on the 4th line than Vinny. Especially because I think it's important that Couturier is used in an offensive role this year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if they can't get him off the books, I don't hate that concept. I wouldn't put him with Giroux and Voracek because none of them play left wing. G could move to RW if you wanted Vinny at C, but I don't see that happening.

I would actually think more along the lines of a Raffl.Lecavalier.Voracek line. Voracek sets up Vinny, Raffl crashes the net. Raffl and Voracek are fairly responsible defensively. Then you have Read.G.Simmonds with G setting up Read and Simmonds crashing the net.

IMO it would definitely be something to toy with. However, option A through about Q would be moving Vinny any way you can. Might even say benching him is above putting him on a scoring line. But if you're going to have him out there, you gotta put him with some talent. He's a detriment to a 4th line. I'd rather have Vandevelde or Cousins on the 4th line than Vinny. Especially because I think it's important that Couturier is used in an offensive role this year.
My idea is if Vinny wants to play he stays on the fourth line until he proves he can put up numbers better than what a fourth liner can do. The new coach isn't going to like him anyway as Vinny hasn't back checked since he got to Philly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My idea is if Vinny wants to play he stays on the fourth line until he proves he can put up numbers better than what a fourth liner can do. The new coach isn't going to like him anyway as Vinny hasn't back checked since he got to Philly.

That's kind of my point though. Playing with Rinaldo and Bellemare, Vinny will never put up numbers better than what a fourth liner can do. He's not that type of player. He thrives off having a guy that can get him the puck in scoring positions (ie St. Louis). Rinaldo isn't going to set him up for anything but a concussion. And, like you said, he's not going to back check.

In my mind, it's scoring line or press box for Vinny if he's on the roster. Anything else is just silly IMO. Hopefully they can move him, but if they cant, I hope he doesn't dress as a 3rd or 4th liner in any game this season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of my point though. Playing with Rinaldo and Bellemare, Vinny will never put up numbers better than what a fourth liner can do. He's not that type of player. He thrives off having a guy that can get him the puck in scoring positions (ie St. Louis). Rinaldo isn't going to set him up for anything but a concussion. And, like you said, he's not going to back check.

In my mind, it's scoring line or press box for Vinny if he's on the roster. Anything else is just silly IMO. Hopefully they can move him, but if they cant, I hope he doesn't dress as a 3rd or 4th liner in any game this season.
Vinny has had plenty of chances to play with guys on this team not named Rinaldo and couldn't hack it which got him put on the 4th line with Rinaldo. Im for whatever works to get up the cup but if he wont help us out by retiring why should we even play him. Hopefully if they do as you are predicting it will work this time but I don't have faith.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more days till the draft boys... Who do we get at 7? I want Provorov... Maybe we can package our 29 and Streit and move up a few and grab a forward? I like the idea of a goaltender at some point.. Samsonov or "darth" Vlader? love the name;)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers first three games are at Tampa, at Florida and then the home opener against Florida! Complete schedule comes out tomorrow!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more days till the draft boys... Who do we get at 7? I want Provorov... Maybe we can package our 29 and Streit and move up a few and grab a forward? I like the idea of a goaltender at some point.. Samsonov or "darth" Vlader? love the name;)
Can wait the suspense is killing me.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to be able to get a 1st for Mark Streit without giving up 29 but that would be aqn interesting deal nevertheless

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to be able to get a 1st for Mark Streit without giving up 29 but that would be aqn interesting deal nevertheless
Yeah, maybe I'm selling Streit short. He is a solid blueliner and good dmen in this league should garner us a 1st rounder you would think. Now, that would be fantastic going into the draft with 3 1st rounders. I think Hextall will pull off some deals. I hope at least. It's time to load up the cupboard and salary at the same time.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi everyone. Havent been around for a bit as I started a new job and have been real fricking busy. Here's to hoping we take the PBA tonight.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi everyone. Havent been around for a bit as I started a new job and have been real fricking busy. Here's to hoping we take the PBA tonight.
Welcome back! Just another draft closer to our Stanley cup.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like we went PBA!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do our lines look like next year if no more moves are made.