• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raffl.giroux.voracek
Gagner.couturier.schenn
Read.laughton.simmonds
VV.peb.white
Vinny

Streit.schultz
Medvedev.gudas
Macdonald.schenn

Mason
Nuevirth

Honestly I think that team, or some combination of it, makes the playoffs. Would be great to bring back MDZ though. Last thing on the to do list if I'm getting every dream to come true. Which hextall is apparently capable of.

I agree that some combination of that team can make the playoffs but the key will be the third line, if that ends up being the line - they need Matt Read to be way better, zero excuses and Scott Laughton will need to provide some more offense than what he showed the first time around

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raffl.giroux.voracek
Gagner.couturier.schenn
Read.laughton.simmonds
VV.peb.white
Vinny

Streit.schultz
Medvedev.gudas
Macdonald.schenn

Mason
Nuevirth

Honestly I think that team, or some combination of it, makes the playoffs. Would be great to bring back MDZ though. Last thing on the to do list if I'm getting every dream to come true. Which hextall is apparently capable of.
Raffl.giroux.voracek
Gagner.couturier.schenn
Read.laughton.simmonds
VV.peb.white
Vinny

Streit.schultz
Medvedev.gudas
Macdonald.schenn

Mason
Nuevirth

The question is whether this team is better than last year.

Additions
Gagner, Medvedev, Gudas, Nuevirth,

From what I read, Gagner is playing RW. As such I see small switches on 2nd and 3rd lines.

Schenn-Couturier-Simmonds
Read-Laughton-Gagner.

We also have to account for Umberger.

On D, Medvedev is so much more mobile than Grossmann. I think MDZ is back, which means more than a few nights off for Schenn.

Couts, B. Schenn and Read have to improve over last year.

Bottom line is that the horizon looks brighter at this point.

Subtractions
Grossmann, Emery, Rinaldo, CC, Coburn

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is whether this team is better than last year.

Additions
Gagner, Medvedev, Gudas, Nuevirth,

From what I read, Gagner is playing RW. As such I see small switches on 2nd and 3rd lines.

Schenn-Couturier-Simmonds
Read-Laughton-Gagner.

We also have to account for Umberger.

On D, Medvedev is so much more mobile than Grossmann. I think MDZ is back, which means more than a few nights off for Schenn.

Couts, B. Schenn and Read have to improve over last year.

Bottom line is that the horizon looks brighter at this point.

Subtractions
Grossmann, Emery, Rinaldo, CC, Coburn
I like everything I see in this post except for the few more nights off for Schenn if we sign MDZ which I really hope we do. I think Schenn is a better player than Goudas so I would give him the few extra nights off instead of Schenn. But if it works out that Gudas is playing better at the time by all means Schenn to the bench. Anything to win.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah I forgot about Umberger. And I think he provides a little more than he did last year. Some two way play for the bottom 6, maybe a goal here and there.

regarding Cobie's post, I think the read/laughton/Simmonds line is a primarily defensive line. I'm not too concerned about their offensive output. Read and Laughton need to play stout D, and Simmonds can get better defensively. Ideally though, they're forechecking the crap out of the other team, rather than playing a shutdown role in their own zone. Essentially playing defense in the offensive zone.

honestly though, who knows what Hax wants to do with the lineup. For all we know he could be planning on splitting up G and Voracek to balance out the scoring on the top two lines.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah I forgot about Umberger. And I think he provides a little more than he did last year. Some two way play for the bottom 6, maybe a goal here and there.

regarding Cobie's post, I think the read/laughton/Simmonds line is a primarily defensive line. I'm not too concerned about their offensive output. Read and Laughton need to play stout D, and Simmonds can get better defensively. Ideally though, they're forechecking the crap out of the other team, rather than playing a shutdown role in their own zone. Essentially playing defense in the offensive zone.

honestly though, who knows what Hax wants to do with the lineup. For all we know he could be planning on splitting up G and Voracek to balance out the scoring on the top two lines.

That's what I want to see from the Flyers defensively is more so forechecking than being on their heels - if you attack offensively and have puck possession, then you don't have to defend

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Toronto was willing to pay a $4 million signing bonus and then $1.2 million for 5 seasons to have Kessel not play for them, but instead play for another team within the conference. That's $10 million and a lot of it continues to hit the cap. They're going to be rebuilding now for years.

I'm also glad not to be a fan of the Bruins or Penguins. Not sure what Boston is doing and the Pens have 7-8 players to sign with only $6 million in space.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on this Gagner bandwagon. He should be motivated and in top shape coming into the season. He should be playing with a chip on his shoulder to prove he belongs.
Im with you on this. Hope he puts up big numbers in a contract year.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to USA Women's soccer team for winning the WC. On another note, would any of you object to letting Alex Morgan sit on your face?:D
It's been quiet of late on the Flyers front. Anything new boys?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to USA Women's soccer team for winning the WC. On another note, would any of you object to letting Alex Morgan sit on your face?:D
It's been quiet of late on the Flyers front. Anything new boys?
USA! USA! USA! USA!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been outrageously busy at work the past couple weeks and it's really cutting in to my hoop time. This is both upsetting, and encouraging, as the day goes by much faster.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been outrageously busy at work the past couple weeks and it's really cutting in to my hoop time. This is both upsetting, and encouraging, as the day goes by much faster.

Also if there's a time to be busy, this is probably the best time now since there's not that much to talk about - also it's summer and people want to enjoy the warm weather!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to get your priorities in order Hoop then work. :lol: