• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope this whole thing doesn't turn out to be true and it's just a matter of women wanting to extract $$$ from him, I'd hate to see such a generational talent go to waste because his head isn't on straight off the ice

Also, I think it's somewhat unfair for the team, the league and other people to prematurely tag him as a bad person and all of that when it's only an allegation to this point - what happens if it comes out that nothing actually happened? I think he would be and should be owed an apology then
I hear you, but let's not pretend that Kane is some saint. He is 26 y/o and he seems to have an issue with alcohol. This isn't his first time being questioned or involved with law enforcement. I won't judge Pat, but he needs to make better decisions, especially being in the spotlight. He will always be held to a higher standard because of his status.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but let's not pretend that Kane is some saint. He is 26 y/o and he seems to have an issue with alcohol. This isn't his first time being questioned or involved with law enforcement. I won't judge Pat, but he needs to make better decisions, especially being in the spotlight. He will always be held to a higher standard because of his status.

I'm not disagreeing with you - he's had his run-in's in the past and it wouldn't be a huge surprise if he is charged, but there are people who are always quick to judge and paint a label on someone before all the facts come out

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing with you - he's had his run-in's in the past and it wouldn't be a huge surprise if he is charged, but there are people who are always quick to judge and paint a label on someone before all the facts come out
Agree.. That being said, do you get the feeling that some of this may be true, especially that nothing is coming up in the news recently? I get the feeling that this may have legs and not in a good way for Kane. If he was clear and the police had nothing to go on, this would have been blown away already imo. I think the Hawks are in a shitty situation now.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.. That being said, do you get the feeling that some of this may be true, especially that nothing is coming up in the news recently? I get the feeling that this may have legs and not in a good way for Kane. If he was clear and the police had nothing to go on, this would have been blown away already imo. I think the Hawks are in a shitty situation now.

Could be a possibility, I don't think the Drew Doughty situation a few years back took this long to materialize so there might be something to this one, but either way, I guess the longer this goes, maybe it's not good news for him?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a possibility, I don't think the Drew Doughty situation a few years back took this long to materialize so there might be something to this one, but either way, I guess the longer this goes, maybe it's not good news for him?
That is my feeling as well. It really is unfortunate. Talent wasted and this is bad press for the NHL.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bad situation for everyone. These always come down to 'he said, she said' so the only people that ever really know the truth are the two people involved. It's terrible if he's falsely accused, it's terrible if she was harassed, but in the end, we'll never really, truly, know.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 days until the big game. Lets get ready to rummmmmmmble!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bad situation for everyone. These always come down to 'he said, she said' so the only people that ever really know the truth are the two people involved. It's terrible if he's falsely accused, it's terrible if she was harassed, but in the end, we'll never really, truly, know.

Yeah nobody is going to win in this situation - the player is already being accused and who know if it's true or false - if it's false, then people should apologize to him, if not, then he deserves what he gets

Chicago can put him on suspension and his cap hit would come off but what would they use the cap space on for a trade? They won't anyone as good as him and if they do trade him, they might only get half the value that he's worth and that would look just like the Seguin deal - but if Chicago rids him, people will applaud the team for doing the right thing

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah nobody is going to win in this situation - the player is already being accused and who know if it's true or false - if it's false, then people should apologize to him, if not, then he deserves what he gets

Chicago can put him on suspension and his cap hit would come off but what would they use the cap space on for a trade? They won't anyone as good as him and if they do trade him, they might only get half the value that he's worth and that would look just like the Seguin deal - but if Chicago rids him, people will applaud the team for doing the right thing

Don't forget his full NTC and NMC.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone here want in for a fantasy football league of mine? It's ESPN and the draft is Sunday at 7:30pm EST - if you want then just message me your e-mail and I'll put it in so that you can get the invite

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie camp in less than 2 weeks and Camp in 2. Was reading Medvedev has been here for a week and skating with the other players. He takes English lessons 5 times a week. Has talked to the coach about his role, etc. Sounds good so far.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie camp in less than 2 weeks and Camp in 2. Was reading Medvedev has been here for a week and skating with the other players. He takes English lessons 5 times a week. Has talked to the coach about his role, etc. Sounds good so far.
Cant wait for hockey to start !!!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow might get this third quarterback job - led them down the field for a TD to end the first half

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone here want in for a fantasy football league of mine? It's ESPN and the draft is Sunday at 7:30pm EST - if you want then just message me your e-mail and I'll put it in so that you can get the invite
I'm in!! Awaz, are you ready for Monday might? I'm getting my drank on:)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in!! Awaz, are you ready for Monday might? I'm getting my drank on:)

message me your e-mail and i'll put in and then you should get an email for the invite