• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought about taking a reprieve from this site for a period of time, I know it's the offseason and there's not much to talk about, but I've just been really lonely and stressed and not very happy and I feel like I need to step back for a while

I don't even have a "best friend", it's hard to enjoy a lot of things now and getting older(21 now) means that there's just more important things to worry about and there's just more stress and a lot of other things that make it less fun - I've had a hard time enjoying anything lately and posting on this site doesn't really help me right now - my brain and head in general is just clouded and it's hard to be positive about very many things in general right now

Yeah, life's a bitch sometimes, Cobie. Rather that give you a long-winded reply that probably won't mean much, I just want to recommend a book that is a VERY good read and contains some subtle, easy to implement techniques that work wonders in helping to make friends/acquaintances and improving existing relationships. I didn't realize it for awhile, but I had picked up some bad habits from my father that were damaging my relationships. Wish I had read this book sooner.

How to Win Friends and Influence People - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another book that contains a lot of good info that will help you better manage your life:

Stress Management for Dummies. by Allen Elkin Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, life's a bitch sometimes, Cobie. Rather that give you a long-winded reply that probably won't mean much, I just want to recommend a book that is a VERY good read and contains some subtle, easy to implement techniques that work wonders in helping to make friends/acquaintances and improving existing relationships. I didn't realize it for awhile, but I had picked up some bad habits from my father that were damaging my relationships. Wish I had read this book sooner.

How to Win Friends and Influence People - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another book that contains a lot of good info that will help you better manage your life:

Stress Management for Dummies. by Allen Elkin Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

Thank you for this! I like to look up different things to see what opinions other people have and their experiences, it helps gathering as much information as possible

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought about taking a reprieve from this site for a period of time, I know it's the offseason and there's not much to talk about, but I've just been really lonely and stressed and not very happy and I feel like I need to step back for a while

I don't even have a "best friend", it's hard to enjoy a lot of things now and getting older(21 now) means that there's just more important things to worry about and there's just more stress and a lot of other things that make it less fun - I've had a hard time enjoying anything lately and posting on this site doesn't really help me right now - my brain and head in general is just clouded and it's hard to be positive about very many things in general right now
You're 21 you should be loving life right now. Screw having a best friend you should just go out drinking and banging at that age. You have plenty of time to stress out later on in life. For god sakes your 21 get out there and enjoy that life and make some memories. :suds:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're 21 you should be loving life right now. Screw having a best friend you should just go out drinking and banging at that age. You have plenty of time to stress out later on in life. For god sakes your 21 get out there and enjoy that life and make some memories. :suds:

I appreciate your thoughts and I know at a young age, you do want to be able to enjoy life, but I don't feel like I have to drink and bang just to have a good time - there are other things I can do to have fun and enjoy life

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for this! I like to look up different things to see what opinions other people have and their experiences, it helps gathering as much information as possible

Welcome! I'm 44 and have been through a lot of ups and downs. PM me (or whatever it's called on this site) if you ever want to chat offline.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hang in there. You will learn later in life to not sweat the small stuff. This place is a good place and sound off or just do something mindless. I have to use my brain so much at work during the day that I like to come here a few times to feel normal. Good luck however you decide to go. We have a good spread of ages here. I am 50. If you are going through something, I am sure someone here has been there and will give some support.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.. So VT suspends the RBs waterboy for tOSU game, meanwhile, the Buckeyes have 4 starters, playmakers, and future high draft NFL players not playing in this game. This is a game that the Buckeyes have had marked on their calendar for some time now. I'm not worried at all. The depth is unreal. Bosa hurts a ton however.

Sorry you're players are bigger thugs than ours :whistle: :)

McKenzie probably would be the starter though if he were ever healthy/not in trouble.

My prediction, OSU scores no more than 17 points.. The catch is, that might be enough...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.. So VT suspends the RBs waterboy for tOSU game, meanwhile, the Buckeyes have 4 starters, playmakers, and future high draft NFL players not playing in this game. This is a game that the Buckeyes have had marked on their calendar for some time now. I'm not worried at all. The depth is unreal. Bosa hurts a ton however.
Mall thanks this post gave me a good laugh this morning.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with Patrick Kane that kid is always in trouble. Hope this girl is not telling the truth for his sake.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with Patrick Kane that kid is always in trouble. Hope this girl is not telling the truth for his sake.
Patty seems to find trouble in his hometown. I have my bias opinion of how I feel about Kane. No doubt he's a gifted athlete, but his decision making and choices are what will or possibly destroy his hockey career IMO. This incident that just occured probably has some merit to it. Police do not just go into residences to collect evidence w/o pc. The main board has some pretty good discussion on this matter. Kane already has already been in the headlines for being in trouble already and he is only 26. The guy needs to grow up fast and stay out of trouble.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think he would have some pretty good options when it comes to the ladies. Unfortunately the little prick sounds like he thinks he can do whatever he wants. STUPID!!!!!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think he would have some pretty good options when it comes to the ladies. Unfortunately the little prick sounds like he thinks he can do whatever he wants. STUPID!!!!!

He already had a GF so the fact he was going after someone else(possibly) says something about him

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patty seems to find trouble in his hometown. I have my bias opinion of how I feel about Kane. No doubt he's a gifted athlete, but his decision making and choices are what will or possibly destroy his hockey career IMO. This incident that just occured probably has some merit to it. Police do not just go into residences to collect evidence w/o pc. The main board has some pretty good discussion on this matter. Kane already has already been in the headlines for being in trouble already and he is only 26. The guy needs to grow up fast and stay out of trouble.
He left bite marks on the chick .....not cool bro.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think if he gets away with this he HAS to smarten up at this point.