• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the new HC sticky thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 voted Redskins' Ed Block Courage Award recipient | Comcast SportsNet Washington

lets add this to the devil RG3's secret plan to undermine his coach and how his teammates hate him

I for one dont think his teammates hate him. But I do think that if he is as smart as many say, then he would know how comments like they knew what we were running would be taken. To say he didnt have a public agenda is being naive. Because his comments over the past year clearly showed he did have a public agenda. Now I wont hold him responsible for what his dad said. But he is 100% responsible for comments he made over the course of the last year. And i was fine with him even in light of the trade right up until he started to come off with the its all about me attitude. But his comments this year seem to me atleast to show a very insecure person with narcissistic tendencies. He got what i believe he ultimately wanted in the end. the Shanahans are gone. Now the true measure will be, what does he do with it. He says he can be as good as Elway or Manning... prove it. If he keeps his mouth shut and plays well, then all is good. But if we see more of the all about me tendencies, well you wont be able to blame Shanahan for it any more.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... I will just say this, next time you are in the mall with your wife and see a nicely built 20something, why not make a comment like she has a very nice walk. Tell me if your wife takes it as you giving the young lady a compliment, or as an insult to your wife??

Griffin did everything he could publicly to show his displeasure. If he wasnt happy, you dont throw that stuff into the media unles you have an agenda which he clearly did. IM not defending Mike for his actions. But Griffin is no innocent victim in all this. No matter how hard you try and paint him as such, that dog too simply does not hunt.

apples and oranges shark .

RG3 was and has been suppressed by the skins PR dept . and i know of a few instance when peyton was young and in indy when he threw his o/line under a bus vs the steelers yet i didnt hear near the uproar

and as far as i can tell the only people with an agenda are the media

i point to whisenhunt and rivers , if he doesnt like a play in the playbook (rivers ) it is out of the playbook

RG3 is young , dumb and full of cum he made the same mistakes newton did in year 2 and now look

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apples and oranges shark .

RG3 was and has been suppressed by the skins PR dept . and i know of a few instance when peyton was young and in indy when he threw his o/line under a bus vs the steelers yet i didnt hear near the uproar

and as far as i can tell the only people with an agenda are the media

i point to whisenhunt and rivers , if he doesnt like a play in the playbook (rivers ) it is out of the playbook

RG3 is young , dumb and full of cum he made the same mistakes newton did in year 2 and now look

He also making the same mistakes Ryan Leaf made as far as the media is concerned. So there you go. The PR department is doing the smart thing in limiting his access to the media and likely scripting these statements we have seen from him recently. Being retired military I am sure you have heard the saying, the true measure of a man can only be taken when he faces adversity. Well Robert faced it and became a finger pointing, arrogant, some what insecure brat.

And before you go off all half cocked, Im not saying Griffin wont put in the work to fix his on field issues. But I seriously think from some of his comments, that he doesnt think he needs the work.. much like one Ryan Leaf.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also making the same mistakes Ryan Leaf made as far as the media is concerned. So there you go. The PR department is doing the smart thing in limiting his access to the media and likely scripting these statements we have seen from him recently. Being retired military I am sure you have heard the saying, the true measure of a man can only be taken when he faces adversity. Well Robert faced it and became a finger pointing, arrogant, some what insecure brat.

And before you go off all half cocked, Im not saying Griffin wont put in the work to fix his on field issues. But I seriously think from some of his comments, that he doesnt think he needs the work.. much like one Ryan Leaf.

i dont see that at all , i see a guy not being allowed to defend himself from allegations made by a lazy and incompetent media and a certain portion of this fan base buying into it because their expectations are out of whack

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know bout Gurden after reading this article I'm having second thoughts now one of his
quotes

"Kaepernick played in a Pistol offense at Nevada, and he proved he could be a dual-threat player. Gruden wanted more of a pocket passer who could run only when needed. He and the rest of the staff also wanted a player they didn't think they'd need to coach much"

Here is the article

Bengals' Andy Dalton, 49ers' Colin Kaepernick and the 2011 NFL draft - ESPN

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see that at all , i see a guy not being allowed to defend himself from allegations made by a lazy and incompetent media and a certain portion of this fan base buying into it because their expectations are out of whack

Skinsdad... apparently you cant separate expectations on the field from what he said and did off the field. I freely admit, he fell well short of expectations (expectations that he partially set I might add). But throwing his coaches and team mates under the bus because he could not live up to expectations that he partially set and continued to espouse as the season went on even in light of his performance not being up to the level that he helped set.... just shows bad form and suspect character.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course you dont see that. Because you want to see this as all Mike Shanahans fault. Any other view point leaves open the option that Griffin could in fact be an arrogant egotist. And we cant have that from the franchise QB.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Allen and Dan are having dinner with Jay Gruden as we speak in Reston VA from Rich Tandler twitter

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN 6m
Allen and company now wining and dining Jay Gruden. They do that part very well. … #RedskinsTalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Allen and Dan are having dinner with Jay Gruden as we speak in Reston VA from Rich Tandler twitter

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN 6m
Allen and company now wining and dining Jay Gruden. They do that part very well. [MEDIA=twitter]420731518030315520[/MEDIA] … #RedskinsTalk

Prepare for the hard sell. By this time tomorrow night, I expect we will likely have offered him a deal. Which might not be a bad idea. So any one know if we get to coach the senior bowl this year being the worst team in the league and all??

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prepare for the hard sell. By this time tomorrow night, I expect we will likely have offered him a deal. Which might not be a bad idea. So any one know if we get to coach the senior bowl this year being the worst team in the league and all??

Yes, we do. If shanahan is meeting with him, then you might be right. Wonder if his brother put in a good word for him with Danny.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... apparently you cant separate expectations on the field from what he said and did off the field. I freely admit, he fell well short of expectations (expectations that he partially set I might add). But throwing his coaches and team mates under the bus because he could not live up to expectations that he partially set and continued to espouse as the season went on even in light of his performance not being up to the level that he helped set.... just shows bad form and suspect character.

well he didnt throw anyone under a bus

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you dont see that. Because you want to see this as all Mike Shanahans fault. Any other view point leaves open the option that Griffin could in fact be an arrogant egotist. And we cant have that from the franchise QB.

and you want to bash Rg3 because you didnt like the trade

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you want to bash Rg3 because you didnt like the trade

Nah.. I just get tired of seeing you play the great defeder role for Skins QBs when they fall short. The fact that he came off like a spoiled brat trying to get his coaches fired didnt help either.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop the non sense already. We are all aware of Dad's defense of RG3 and Sharks dislike for RG3's demeanor over the past year. Now can we move on? Yes, RG3 is the reason we won our 1st division title in what, 15 years? He also sustained a career threatening knee injury going into year 2 that interrupted his progress to becoming a better NFL QB. Does he have personal issues he can work on that can make him a more mature QB, a better leader in the club house and respected by his peers outside the club house? Sure he can and I'm sure he will. None the less, he is our franchise QB for now and that's not going to change so let's all jump on board with our soon to be new HC and take this ride and see how it turns out. Stop looking back, stop bashing our current players and embrace this team to the fullest.

HTTR!!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what Jim Jones said right before they all drank the kool aid. :whistle: Sorry I couldn't resist.

I think two things here. This has become ridiculous, every post on here is almost the same anymore "no he didn't" vs. "yes he did."

Secondly there seems to be an opinion that some people shouldn't have an opinion and should just root blindly. I am not that kind of person. I have a brain to think and choose to do so.

As for me I'll wait to see who the new coach is and what direction they go in. After that happens we can all sit tight and wait for FA period and the draft. No one is going to know how Robert will play until next year.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would any of you guys want Jay Gruden? I see we are supposed to interview him today

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would any of you guys want Jay Gruden? I see we are supposed to interview him today

Of the guys we have mentioned so far, I would put him in my top three. However I was hoping we would go with a defensive minded coach or Franklin from Vanderbilt. But I wouldnt be upset if we had a head coach in place by the time I got off work tonight.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Gruden is our #1 target. He is the best offensive coordinator available for a head coaching position. Synder would want a offensive minded coach to go with RG3. Plus RG3 must want Gruden as well. This should be a done deal.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would not be disappointed at all with the hiring of Jay Gruden, Mike Zimmer, Darrell Bevell or Greg Roman.

HTTR!