• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the new HC sticky thread

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to clarify that since there are all types of people who are Skins fans who live outside the area. Myself - I grew up in the DC area and still have quite a few relatives that live there & travel there fairly often. Sure - I may not have all of the info as you, but it is not far off. I can pretty much obtain all of the info as you via the web & other sources. The real difference would be that it is not in my face all the time. However - I get feedback via relatives, friends, etc. that gives me a pretty good idea.

On the flip side - it is also more challenging to be a Skins fan when you live in an area that is not made up of primarily Redskins fans. If you have not done so - you should try it - not the easiest thing in the world & it can test your loyalty (mine will never die - even if they were to have 20 losing seasons in a row).

HTTR

I hear ya there. I moved to Pa in 2002 after growing up and living in the Germantown/Gaithersburg area most of my life and I really miss the energy fans put into the 'Skins... for good or for bad. I'm in an area that has a mix of Eagle/Giant/Steeler fans and it's still, to this day, weird to live in an area where there are conflicting fanbases. I didn't have a preference either way with the Washington Post/Times, but I did like Wilbon's/Kornheiser's color commentaries.. this is back in the pre-PTI days. It can be really difficult to be the totally engrossed fan that I remember being when I was younger without fellow fans in real life to egg on the discussion.. but sites like this help remind me of the ebb-and-flow of the fan's satisfaction or dissatisfaction (putting the latter mildly, hehe) and I like that.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well now that we have a new HC i think i will unstick this thread and start a coordinator thread.

any issues with that ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys.. .we arent really going to get into the whole "Well I still live in DC thus that makes me more of a fan debate" are we?? I grew up 2 miles from RFK. I moved out of the DC area for the betterment of my family, that does not mean I cant keep up with the team as the only thing I really miss is Monday Morning water cooler chest thumping or ranting depending on if we won or lost. The Skins fanbase spans the globe, as I have two brothers not even in the country. The first time their kids had ever een seen DC was at ages 6 and 13 respectively. But those boys are die hard Skins fans. And half the time they are texting me at 3:00 in the morning their time about this team.

Bottom line, we are all Skins fans. We all have different opinions about the team. If every one was to agree, this place would be boring. Part of the charm of a team message board is fan debate.

[/end soap box]

Please don't misunderstand what I said. No one is anymore of a fan than some of the guys that post here. I wouldn't argue that at all. My comment was that some who don't live here describe what the fan base is like or how we act and you can't really know that because you aren't here everyday to see what really happens.

I say this because the first 6 years of Snyder's ownership I moved to and lived in Long Island, NY. I was every bit the fan that you guys are and I consumed everything that I could about the Redskins. Had the NFL package the whole works but I didn't know what all my friends knew because I was insulated from being in the fan base, the daily media etc. etc.

I know we are all big fans or we wouldn't put the time in here talking about our favorite team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't misunderstand what I said. No one is anymore of a fan than some of the guys that post here. I wouldn't argue that at all. My comment was that some who don't live here describe what the fan base is like or how we act and you can't really know that because you aren't here everyday to see what really happens.

I say this because the first 6 years of Snyder's ownership I moved to and lived in Long Island, NY. I was every bit the fan that you guys are and I consumed everything that I could about the Redskins. Had the NFL package the whole works but I didn't know what all my friends knew because I was insulated from being in the fan base, the daily media etc. etc.

I know we are all big fans or we wouldn't put the time in here talking about our favorite team.

Sportster... I get it dude. I was just attempting to head off an arguement that i have seen way too many times over the year. truth be told, you only become a Skins fan one of two ways. You are either born in the DC area, or you are literally born into it as my nephews were. Occasionally people who have no ties to the team adopt the Skins. But I doubt you could find many band wagon Skins fans unlike a few other fanbases I wont mention. :whistle:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well now that we have a new HC i think i will unstick this thread and start a coordinator thread.

any issues with that ?

Sounds good. I'm not very happy that during his intro interview, Gruden said he had no OC and made the remark about McVay. Now its reported that McVay is the OC by AS. At 27 years old, there is no way McVay will be calling plays for the Washington Redskins. Gruden will call his own plays anyway. Keeping Haslett is like getting kicked in the gut. We need new leadership on defense and a new voice.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good. I'm not very happy that during his intro interview, Gruden said he had no OC and made the remark about McVay. Now its reported that McVay is the OC by AS. At 27 years old, there is no way McVay will be calling plays for the Washington Redskins. Gruden will call his own plays anyway. Keeping Haslett is like getting kicked in the gut. We need new leadership on defense and a new voice.

Again I will ask, who you going to get thats going to make us better?? Gregg Williams would likely sooner walk into a Nuclear reactor in his superman boxers than work for Snyder again. So its not like there is an established DC just sitting by the phone waiting for our call. Its nice to spout of, well any one could do better than Haslett. But I will remind you that Dallas fans thought the same about Rob Ryan last year.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, did we hire an OC and name him HC? I ask this because our defense sucked, liked really sucked and your keeping Haslett around? The defense was worse than the offense the past 4 years. I don't want to keep left overs from a previous regime and inherit problems from that is ridiculous. Sounds like Gruden was told to keep some of the left overs. How is that giving the new HC the ability to surround himself with "HIS" guys. The guys on the defensive side of the ball have to go!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, did we hire an OC and name him HC? I ask this because our defense sucked, liked really sucked and your keeping Haslett around? The defense was worse than the offense the past 4 years. I don't want to keep left overs from a previous regime and inherit problems from that is ridiculous. Sounds like Gruden was told to keep some of the left overs. How is that giving the new HC the ability to surround himself with "HIS" guys. The guys on the defensive side of the ball have to go!!

Dude.. .you keep screaming Haslett must go. Give me a name that is available, better as a DC, and would actually be willing to work for Snyder?? Haslett got the short end of a stick dipped in dogshit and lit on fire. At best, 6 out of 11 starters on defense actually deserved to be starters. We had no FS, Josh Wilson regressed to backup status. LFB, as much as we all loved him, was a shadow of his former self. And Jenkins was at best a backup pressed to start.

But seriously... who are we going to bring in?? Or do you want to hire some ones LB coach and HOPE he can work miracles under a rookie HC?? Haslett wont give us a top ten defense. But realistically if RG3 and the offense are as good as many of you think they should be, the middle of the pack defense haslett can usually field should be good enough to win us a division.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he announce his DC? I thought I heard him say he was going to look around.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he announce his DC? I thought I heard him say he was going to look around.

He said he would interview coaches. But every one who is freaking out and screaming we need to replace Haslett. Not a one has come up with a name of some one who is both available and better. As much as people lambast Haslett, fuck if I want to get this years Monte Kiffin. And Im sorry, but a completely new coaching staff is a quick way to two more bad seasons.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you feel about Raheem? He brings more life, is already on the staff so not much upheaval.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you feel about Raheem? He brings more life, is already on the staff so not much upheaval.

I think that would be a change just to appease a portion of the fan base. And honestly the same people screaming over Haslett would have no patients for Raheem. Haslett got handed crap and was expected to field a top ten defense. Now I hope we keep pboth Haslett and Morris. But iseriously think a totally new staff would be a mistake.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I will ask, who you going to get thats going to make us better?? Gregg Williams would likely sooner walk into a Nuclear reactor in his superman boxers than work for Snyder again. So its not like there is an established DC just sitting by the phone waiting for our call. Its nice to spout of, well any one could do better than Haslett. But I will remind you that Dallas fans thought the same about Rob Ryan last year.

shark , i walk into nuclear reactors all the time . it isnt that big a deal :suds:

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
morris, schwartz, schiano, gunther cunningham idk. ppl are out there. in a couple of days we will have links for possible candidates just like we did for the hc spot

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People'on extremeskins'messageboard are going off on this jay gruden hire they hate it most of them wanted danny smith :L how can any skin fan hate'this hire I love this hire . Like most coaches it might or might not work

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that would be a change just to appease a portion of the fan base. And honestly the same people screaming over Haslett would have no patients for Raheem. Haslett got handed crap and was expected to field a top ten defense. Now I hope we keep pboth Haslett and Morris. But iseriously think a totally new staff would be a mistake.

We will know very soon if keeping those two was a good idea. If/when there comes the announcement that they will forgo the 3-4 and these coaches have practically all authority over the defense then the answer is a resounding YES. If there appears to be more of the same then you're correct...an attempt to appease a portion of the fan base.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People'on extremeskins'messageboard are going off on this jay gruden hire they hate it most of them wanted danny smith :L how can any skin fan hate'this hire I love this hire . Like most coaches it might or might not work

d74oESa.png

i'm willing to give him an opportunity ... what other choice do I got ? lls ... who he hires as his coordinators is going to say alot about who is calling the shots tho. Would be surprised to see Raheem kept as DC considering he's not considered a 34 guy, and the fact he fired Gruden in Tampa.

Hope they're able to retain Turner as the RB coach though.

He's going to double the victories of this past season ... going to be hard to tell how much is him & the new staff ... and how much was the increased salary cap.

Was telling in the presser how Bruce made a point of emphasizing Jay was all about the team ... implying Mike was about himself ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d74oESa.png

i'm willing to give him an opportunity ... what other choice do I got ? lls ... who he hires as his coordinators is going to say alot about who is calling the shots tho. Would be surprised to see Raheem kept as DC considering he's not considered a 34 guy, and the fact he fired Gruden in Tampa.

Hope they're able to retain Turner as the RB coach though.

He's going to double the victories of this past season ... going to be hard to tell how much is him & the new staff ... and how much was the increased salary cap.

Was telling in the presser how Bruce made a point of emphasizing Jay was all about the team ... implying Mike was about himself ?

I agree...at this point there are no other options. BTW I would welcome Raheem as DC because he IS NOT a 3-4 guy! I absolutely believe that MS was as reported, and, that Jay will provide an environment where the assistants can flourish or be replaced. It is interesting that Allen and co. decided to keep certain coaches. To me it says that the locker room was not the only team aspect poisoned by my way Mike. You would think that all of the coaching staff would have been let go......unless upper management was made aware of the interference by the HC. Let's see if the same second chance will be given to certain players as well. (we all know who they are)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how i see the gruden hire .

he appears to be one of the top candidates we could get so i am good with that

the only issue i can see is if how he was hired . if allen interviewed the candidates , selected gruden , and then they met with dan snyder then i am fine with it

however if snyder told allen to "get me gruden " then it would be bad

to me it appears to be the former and not the latter