• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the new HC sticky thread

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but you also have to wonder how much of that as at the urging of the head coach? Saw alot of the same trends in the final year of MS in Denver.

No idea. That's why I go to his record at other teams......not overly impressive.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - I have posted several times that the people in this forum (or similar forums) in no way represent the Redskins fan base. In the real world there are all types of fans - some very loyal, some casual, Snyder haters, people who don't care, etc.

Many of the views here represent extreme points of view. In the end - it is all good. Bottom line - we are all Redskins fans & that is a good thing. Instead of trying to battle each other we should just respect the fact that we have different points of views on many things, but in the end want success for the team.

HTTR

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheffner just said Morris was our DC on ESPN.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 year deal for Gruden don't know the money.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think sometimes the word fanbase gets applied to the 40 people who post on here, half of which do not live in the Washington DC area. It seems to me that people that live outside the area think they know how the people of Washington, our newspapers, etc. etc. work. Sorry but I don't think you know that unless you live here. I see things said on a regular basis and think to myself "where did they get that idea from." We locals are glad there are fans all over. We love that VA and a good portion of NC are hotbeds for Redskin fans although that has diminished over the last 15 years. Please be a fan but don't suggest you know how people in our area feel. If you don't live here you don't know.

As for expectations started in 1969 under Lombardi the franchise was mostly a winner until 1991. Since then the team has sucked, especially the last 15 years. Fans here have been patient but I can promise you they are increasingly frustrated by losing season after losing season. People bought into the new shiny free agents bought during each off season for a long time but now want results. It was so nice around here last year when the Skins won. Everyone was wearing their Redskin colors. They just want to see a winner. Another thing, if you don't know the demographics of this area. If Robert becomes the star QB we hope he will be he will be KING of Washington DC and the DMV area.

dude i grew up in fredericksburg VA , i still have contacts in that area to this day i can see local redskins data every day . and most of all i can certainly read . there are message boards and chat rooms twitter everywhere

so i dont know if your view holds true anymore

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, then that would mean Haslett is out correct?

Word is Haslett will get bumped up to assistant head coach defense, Morris will get bumped up to DC. I get the feeling Haslett is being kept to help ease the transition from OC to HC for Gruden. Also to help out on the player transition aspect. As I have said, sweeping change usually serves to do more harm than good. Its not a bad idea to keep a few familiar faces around and Haslett is generally liked by most of the defense if reports are true.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude i grew up in fredericksburg VA , i still have contacts in that area to this day i can see local redskins data every day . and most of all i can certainly read . there are message boards and chat rooms twitter everywhere

Really? I grew up in Fredericksburg VA as well...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL network is saying haslett is the dc how true that is who knows ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL network is saying haslett is the dc how true that is who knows ?

Well from all the reports, looks like Haslett wont get fired and will be around in some defensive coach capacity. If its DC or Assistant Head coach, we will likely find out before the end of the day. And of course I picked today to not bring head phones so I could listen to the press confrence I am sure will be later today. :L

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Living here I am positive they do.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well from all the reports, looks like Haslett wont get fired and will be around in some defensive coach capacity. If its DC or Assistant Head coach, we will likely find out before the end of the day. And of course I picked today to not bring head phones so I could listen to the press confrence I am sure will be later today. :L

how far are you from a cheap walmart or something ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shows which side of the state line you guys grew up in, "frednecks" in MD are from Frederick. I am a lot closer to Fredericksburg though.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys.. .we arent really going to get into the whole "Well I still live in DC thus that makes me more of a fan debate" are we?? I grew up 2 miles from RFK. I moved out of the DC area for the betterment of my family, that does not mean I cant keep up with the team as the only thing I really miss is Monday Morning water cooler chest thumping or ranting depending on if we won or lost. The Skins fanbase spans the globe, as I have two brothers not even in the country. The first time their kids had ever een seen DC was at ages 6 and 13 respectively. But those boys are die hard Skins fans. And half the time they are texting me at 3:00 in the morning their time about this team.

Bottom line, we are all Skins fans. We all have different opinions about the team. If every one was to agree, this place would be boring. Part of the charm of a team message board is fan debate.

[/end soap box]

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys.. .we arent really going to get into the whole "Well I still live in DC thus that makes me more of a fan debate" are we?? I grew up 2 miles from RFK. I moved out of the DC area for the betterment of my family, that does not mean I cant keep up with the team as the only thing I really miss is Monday Morning water cooler chest thumping or ranting depending on if we won or lost. The Skins fanbase spans the globe, as I have two brothers not even in the country. The first time their kids had ever een seen DC was at ages 6 and 13 respectively. But those boys are die hard Skins fans. And half the time they are texting me at 3:00 in the morning their time about this team.

Bottom line, we are all Skins fans. We all have different opinions about the team. If every one was to agree, this place would be boring. Part of the charm of a team message board is fan debate.

[/end soap box]

:agree:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[/end soap box]

:agree: