• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the new HC sticky thread

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were to get Gruden...any chance that he could pry Zimmer away from Cincinatti for a lateral move to DC??

They have a good team down there, but cannot get over the hump. Not sure why anyone would want to stick around long term. Lewis' window of opportunity is closing...

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Gruden is our #1 target. He is the best offensive coordinator available for a head coaching position. Synder would want a offensive minded coach to go with RG3. Plus RG3 must want Gruden as well. This should be a done deal.

I'm certain Griffin has no bearing (input) on the hiring of our next coach. This is all Snyder & Allen...

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were to get Gruden...any chance that he could pry Zimmer away from Cincinatti for a lateral move to DC??

They have a good team down there, but cannot get over the hump. Not sure why anyone would want to stick around long term. Lewis' window of opportunity is closing...

Cincy would have to release Zimmer from his contract for a lateral. Don't see that happening.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy would have to release Zimmer from his contract for a lateral. Don't see that happening.

They could give him a nominal title bump to assistant head coach defense if they really wanted to snag Zimmer. Of cours the Bengals could just match and keep him. Teams can block a lateral move, but a promotion gets kind of dicey.

But in the long run I dont think it matters because if Gruden is the HC, I think Haslett gets to keep his job as DC another year and likely switches us to a 4-3 defense. Which Im ok with.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could give him a nominal title bump to assistant head coach defense if they really wanted to snag Zimmer. Of cours the Bengals could just match and keep him. Teams can block a lateral move, but a promotion gets kind of dicey.

But in the long run I dont think it matters because if Gruden is the HC, I think Haslett gets to keep his job as DC another year and likely switches us to a 4-3 defense. Which Im ok with.

Honestly, I would be disgusted if Haslett keeps his job. :L

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haslet does not deserve to keep his job. RG3 has a lot to do with the head coaching position skins2winz

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I would be disgusted if Haslett keeps his job. :L

Why?? Because he failed to field a top ten defense when he was given substandard talent to coach a system they werent suited for? SO we will bend over backwards to fix the offense. I just think the kind of whole sale clean house change was bad. We fired the entire offensive staff. We could fire the entire defensive staff, but personally I think that would be bad at this point. I would have rather kept Mike and started over on defense. But starting over whole sale...... Lets just say I hope not.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen if Zimmer agreed to the interview yet. Any word on that?

I can't decide if his demeanour as a HC would be great or a sore spot..atleast early on.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haslet does not deserve to keep his job. RG3 has a lot to do with the head coaching position skins2winz

How so Dean? Everyone seems to know so much around here about what RG3 does or has input on but NEVER is any of it factual or backed with any certainty or evidence. Trust me, Griffin is not having any input on who eventually gets hired as HC in DC. And if Haslett keeps his job, then it just goes to show you anyone can coach in the NFL!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well kffl.com reports'jay'gruden wants the titans o well this coaching search has been a shipwreck we are going to get a scrub fellas we need to face it:L

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well kffl.com reports'jay'gruden wants the titans o well this coaching search has been a shipwreck we are going to get a scrub fellas we need to face it:L

That's called positioning for more money. Let it leak that you are more interested in another job and then watch the human ATM known as Dan Snyder open his wallet. Personally, if he told me that he thought another job was better, I'd tell him not to let the door hit him in the ass on the way out. If he's not sold on this job, I don't want him. The last thing we want is someone coming here for a bigger paycheck.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooley predicted this evening that the next HC of the Redskins will be Jay Gruden. It's all part of the Bruce Allen Tampa Bay connection. This connection has been growing a little at a time for the past couple of years. Allen is surrounding himself with people he is familiar with. Of course that is what you would expect out of a lot of people.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see what happens . hopefully we get the guy who is best for the job

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?? Because he failed to field a top ten defense when he was given substandard talent to coach a system they werent suited for? SO we will bend over backwards to fix the offense. I just think the kind of whole sale clean house change was bad. We fired the entire offensive staff. We could fire the entire defensive staff, but personally I think that would be bad at this point. I would have rather kept Mike and started over on defense. But starting over whole sale...... Lets just say I hope not.

look at haslet's career numbers on defense . that says it all

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at haslet's career numbers on defense . that says it all

I agree. When he has had the talent he has had a defense some place in the 15 to 20 range more often than not. I honestly dont think a new DC running all new system and terminology is going to get it done right now though. I know you all wanted this grand change in the coaching staff. But the Philly's and KC's are few and far between. Most teams that fire the entire coaching staff are picking in the top ten the following year. You wanted Mike and Kyle fired, and you got it. This team needs some sort of stability right now. And i dont think we are going to be able to snag one of the premier DC's out there. Unless we rehire Gregg Williams, which I dont think he would work for dan again.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. When he has had the talent he has had a defense some place in the 15 to 20 range more often than not. I honestly dont think a new DC running all new system and terminology is going to get it done right now though. I know you all wanted this grand change in the coaching staff. But the Philly's and KC's are few and far between. Most teams that fire the entire coaching staff are picking in the top ten the following year. You wanted Mike and Kyle fired, and you got it. This team needs some sort of stability right now. And i dont think we are going to be able to snag one of the premier DC's out there. Unless we rehire Gregg Williams, which I dont think he would work for dan again.

shark i want the team to be built right , i think it will take 3 years to get there . i dont want a dc who at best fields a middle of the pack defense for a year or 2

i dont like his version of the 3-4 either . i dont think he uses the resources we have to the fullest ability .

now if shanny interfered which , you have rejected , then perhaps he may have done better but his history suggest he is a middle of the pack guy who is poor with adjustments

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark i want the team to be built right , i think it will take 3 years to get there . i dont want a dc who at best fields a middle of the pack defense for a year or 2

i dont like his version of the 3-4 either . i dont think he uses the resources we have to the fullest ability .

now if shanny interfered which , you have rejected , then perhaps he may have done better but his history suggest he is a middle of the pack guy who is poor with adjustments

When did I ever reject Shanny interfering with the defense?? I think one of the big mistakes (not the biggest mind you), was in committing so much into the offense and leaving the defense to the dreggs of what ever we could get for the most part. I dont think we should have ever switched to a 3-4, and I think if Haslett stays or goes, we need to go back to a 4-3. And if its going to take 3 years no matter what, would still rather keep Haslett at this point. Besides, if RG3 is as great as you expect, a middle of the road defense next year should win us another division right?? Where as if we switch DC's AND systems... we might be Dallas on defense. :whistle:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I ever reject Shanny interfering with the defense?? I think one of the big mistakes (not the biggest mind you), was in committing so much into the offense and leaving the defense to the dreggs of what ever we could get for the most part. I dont think we should have ever switched to a 3-4, and I think if Haslett stays or goes, we need to go back to a 4-3. And if its going to take 3 years no matter what, would still rather keep Haslett at this point. Besides, if RG3 is as great as you expect, a middle of the road defense next year should win us another division right?? Where as if we switch DC's AND systems... we might be Dallas on defense. :whistle:

a middle of the pack defense wont do it . a top ten will . i would rather dump haslett his body of work just doesnt cut it so why keep him . we dont need to stop gap DC's

and i fully expect us to have another bad season while the new staff installs what they want and get the players they want

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a middle of the pack defense wont do it . a top ten will . i would rather dump haslett his body of work just doesnt cut it so why keep him . we dont need to stop gap DC's

and i fully expect us to have another bad season while the new staff installs what they want and get the players they want

Sorry dude, but if we bring in a whole new staff and end up picking top ten in 2015, I think it does more harm than good. Dan is going to expect improvement. And i honestly dont think a defensive finish like Dallas had will bring stability. Now you are probably right and Haslett will get fired. But reality is, with as long as our head coaching search is taking, I dont think we find a better DC at the end of the day.