• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the new HC sticky thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a mild swipe Skinsdad. Just a mild one.

And i do want him to do well. Im just not for putting him on a pedestal at the moment. If he does well the team does well. And Im a fan of the team, not an individual player.

no one is putting him on a pedestal . that is foolishness on your part .

all anyone is saying is its too early to write him off

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic with the HC search. Im starting to get the feeling that they are either just picking the brains of as many people as they can, but already have an idea of who they really want. Ala Al Davis.

OR

They are taking the fishing with dynamite approach. Lite the fuse, toss it in the water and see what rises to the top. Ala Larry the Cable Guy.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a mild swipe Skinsdad. Just a mild one.

And i do want him to do well. Im just not for putting him on a pedestal at the moment. If he does well the team does well. And Im a fan of the team, not an individual player.

Whatever Shark! I'm a fan of the team too but like certain players better than others. I have never seen you take such shots at all of our other QB's over the years as you have done with Griffin this past year. Face it, he is the QB of YOUR team and will be for the foreseeable future. Embrace him, support him and the team. It will all be ok in the end... :rollseyes:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever Shark! I'm a fan of the team too but like certain players better than others. I have never seen you take such shots at all of our other QB's over the years as you have done with Griffin this past year. Face it, he is the QB of YOUR team and will be for the foreseeable future. Embrace him, support him and the team. It will all be ok in the end... :rollseyes:

Obviously you havent been around too long. I hated Jason Campbell, and him I called a flop from day one. With RG3, Im just tired of seeing him propped up on a pedestal when he is just as responsible for the colapse as Mike Shanahan. And honestly I think he is more responsible than many of you want to believe.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden interviews tomorrow. hopefully this ends our search.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Jay

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you havent been around too long. I hated Jason Campbell, and him I called a flop from day one. With RG3, Im just tired of seeing him propped up on a pedestal when he is just as responsible for the colapse as Mike Shanahan. And honestly I think he is more responsible than many of you want to believe.

Great - agree - RG3 is responsible for many (but not all) of last season's problems. He needs to work with the new coaches, keep his mouth shut more & become better at his position. As for Shanahan - who cares - he is no longer with the Skins so let someone else worry about him.

Time to move on.....

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great - agree - RG3 is responsible for many (but not all) of last season's problems. He needs to work with the new coaches, keep his mouth shut more & become better at his position. As for Shanahan - who cares - he is no longer with the Skins so let someone else worry about him.

Time to move on.....

Agree... Shanahan is gone. And with $7 million in the bank to boot. So I wish him well in retirement or what ever. Aside from that, he is of no further concern to me. Now Griffin on the other hand is still here. And while I hope he actually improves on his on field skills, I think all the media attention could actually serve him well for his off field behavior. The worst thing you can do for any one who behaves poorly, is simply write it off to poor judgement because of youth. I honestly think from a physical standpoint there are only two things that could make him fail.

Injury

His own mental state. And I think thats the rub with him right now. I think he was a little full of himself and that led to alot of the problems we saw last season. I think the coaching change MIGHT help fix that, provided we get the right guy. Worst thing we could do right now is simply enable him. Like pouring jet fuel on a lit road flare. Boy needed some humble, I hope he got it... otherwise we might be screwt.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden interviews tomorrow. hopefully this ends our search.

IM a bit torn, while i wont be upset if they just hire Gruden outright tomorrow, I was leaning heavily towards Franklin. But Gruden would have the name factor that i know our front office will crave to a degree. He has the NFL pedigree already. I just hope this doesnt drag on for another ten days.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them hiring anyone tomorrow. I think they really want to talk to Whisenhunt.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the only person responsible for shanny;s downfall is shanny . the rest of that is unsubstantiated crap

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. And no. There is nothing unsubstantiated about what RG3 said. I heard it. There is nothing unsubstantiated about what his Dad said (who is part of his camp). I heard that also.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only person responsible for shanny;s downfall is shanny . the rest of that is unsubstantiated crap

See there is the difference. You think I blame him for the coach being fired. I dont. But I do think he is just as responsible for our 3-13 season as the coach. When a team goes 3-13, you fire the coach, but they werent going to fire the QB. And to say that RG3 didnt have alot to do with our offensive struggles would be simply untrue.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. And no. There is nothing unsubstantiated about what RG3 said. I heard it. There is nothing unsubstantiated about what his Dad said (who is part of his camp). I heard that also.

show me a video clip with dan snyder and RG2 talking about BRILES because i havent seen it

you say he was bashing the OC in the PHILLY game i say he was praising the eagles

show me when the word we does not include me when it is used because where i am from when you say "we" you are including "me " with it and again the next presser he did say "i " for all the people who couldnt follow it

his dad said he didnt like his son running the read option in the 2nd half of the seatle game . so what ? even shanny said he made a mistake

hell my sons cant control what i say anymore then i can with my father so what ? that is responsible for the entire collapse ?

it couldnt be that be that the coaching staff was horrible ? it couldnt be that we have about 10 guys who are above avg on the team ? it couldnt be that shanny didnt listen to his scouting department ? it couldnt be that he couldnt manage the clock or make adjustments in and out of games ?

no , the collapse has everything to do with dinner parties and parents . sorry but that dog isnt going to hunt with me at this point

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon Shark, I have been around longer than most. I just don't post on every comment. I let the village idiots make themselves look stupid for the most part. I was around long before you ever went back to school my friend. Yes, I remember your dis-taste for JC but you didn't bash him like you are RG3.

Shanahan was and is a skunk from day one. RG3 on a pedestal is mainly due to the media. He will be fine and I'm certain he is working on his craft. I'm looking forward to a new era regardless of who is hired as HC.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... I will just say this, next time you are in the mall with your wife and see a nicely built 20something, why not make a comment like she has a very nice walk. Tell me if your wife takes it as you giving the young lady a compliment, or as an insult to your wife??

Griffin did everything he could publicly to show his displeasure. If he wasnt happy, you dont throw that stuff into the media unles you have an agenda which he clearly did. IM not defending Mike for his actions. But Griffin is no innocent victim in all this. No matter how hard you try and paint him as such, that dog too simply does not hunt.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 is not naive. He is young and maybe a bit immature, but he is used to dealing with the press. He knew exactly what he was saying and why.

I've never said anything about Briles and RG3 other than I don't think Briles was right for the job. Its not a dinner party that is the issue. Its placing a player above the rest and giving them special treatment. Its enabling bad behavior that has potential to divide the team. Its taking a young man that has had too much adulation and potentially giving him more reason to believe he is better than everyone else, including the coaching staff.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them hiring anyone tomorrow. I think they really want to talk to Whisenhunt.

I agree. They also want to speak with Roman also. I would not be opposed to hiring Whisenhunt either.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 is not naive. He is young and maybe a bit immature, but he is used to dealing with the press. He knew exactly what he was saying and why.

I've never said anything about Briles and RG3 other than I don't think Briles was right for the job. Its not a dinner party that is the issue. Its placing a player above the rest and giving them special treatment. Its enabling bad behavior that has potential to divide the team. Its taking a young man that has had too much adulation and potentially giving him more reason to believe he is better than everyone else, including the coaching staff.

like it did with elway and peyton ?

and tell me , because you are better then me at reading minds, but how do you know what was going thru Rg3 's mind when he made comments

if i am correct , RG3 started having issues with the media when a blogger questioned his blackness because he didnt hold a certain political view the blogger had

and correct me if i am wrong but didnt he tell known shanny hater DMAC to take himself and his advice and take a walk ? doesnt sound like a guy undercutting his coach to me ? but we forget that dont we ?

i still am wondering when "we didnt include "me " and if a remember moss backed off and clarified his comments but that doesnt count does it ?

look RG3 could be everything you say he is . right now i need to see more before i jump on that bandwagon