• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the new HC sticky thread

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden has to be higher on the list than Roman and Bevelle. It should be a slam dunk for Gruden. The question is how much does he make per season 3,4, or 5 mil?

I disagree with you Dean. Look at Roman's resume and his current QB. Much like what we have in Griffin and the fact that Roman has been around a winner most of his coaching career. He also helped work with 2 start-up franchises and found some success. His team is still in the playoff's and he has his hands directly in the success of that. Harbaugh would hate to lose Roman moving forward as well. I like the fact that he is 41, has seen how successful front offices are run, has a lot of experience with grooming young QB's and his offense fits Griffin well. My vote is for Roman at this point.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying he is a bad candidate but I think Roman is option 2 if we go offense. There is only one other team that has interest in Roman and that is Minn. IMO Gruden is #1 on dannys list and danny always gets his guy in the end.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying he is a bad candidate but I think Roman is option 2 if we go offense. There is only one other team that has interest in Roman and that is Minn. IMO Gruden is #1 on dannys list and danny always gets his guy in the end.

And as i have said many times, there in is the real problem gents. This search should be about whats best for the entire team going forward. Not a PR move, not a move primarily to make things work with RG3. We need to hire the coach that will be best for the team. I dont care if its Kenard Lang out of Wekiva High School. If he has a plan for the team, Im all game.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let me ask..I know some of us wouldn't mind us bringing in the 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman, but would any of you want the current Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn or the 49ers defensive coordinator Vic Fangio?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys can say what you want but I would be shocked if we didn't land gruden.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind that the FO is being methodical with respect to scoping out head coach candidates. This is the first week we could interview anyone playing in this past weekend's WC games, so I don't feel any sense of panic. Let them be patient.. it's fine with me.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let me ask..I know some of us wouldn't mind us bringing in the 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman, but would any of you want the current Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn or the 49ers defensive coordinator Vic Fangio?

I know Im in the minority of one here, but I kind of want them to keep Haslett and actually give him the kind of resources needed to actually fix the defense. IM not a huge fan of the over all clean house scorched earth approach. Reality is, if we are changing all the coaching AND system on both sides of the ball, we are likely to get worse before we get better. Im fine if they want to go to a 4-3 defense. But I think it might serve better to keep Haslett and give him the talent he needs on defense to actually make us better. We havent had a good defense most of the last four years, but then we have been starting the likes of Medieu Williams in our secondary.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM officially putting my vote behind Franklin from Vanderbilt. I think he will come in hungry, and might bring the kind of culture change apparently needed in Ashburn at the moment.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as i have said many times, there in is the real problem gents. This search should be about whats best for the entire team going forward. Not a PR move, not a move primarily to make things work with RG3. We need to hire the coach that will be best for the team. I dont care if its Kenard Lang out of Wekiva High School. If he has a plan for the team, Im all game.

:agree: the qb is a factor in it but not the end all be all

and we have several teams wanting gruden

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Gruden is your new HC according to reports. Maybe he bring Zimmer too.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefty reporting that the lions HC job is Ken Wizs to lose. Lots of speculating going on... As usual.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Im in the minority of one here, but I kind of want them to keep Haslett and actually give him the kind of resources needed to actually fix the defense. IM not a huge fan of the over all clean house scorched earth approach. Reality is, if we are changing all the coaching AND system on both sides of the ball, we are likely to get worse before we get better. Im fine if they want to go to a 4-3 defense. But I think it might serve better to keep Haslett and give him the talent he needs on defense to actually make us better. We havent had a good defense most of the last four years, but then we have been starting the likes of Medieu Williams in our secondary.

i dont like his style of 3-4 defense .

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Gruden is your new HC according to reports. Maybe he bring Zimmer too.

Lots of speculating and lots of names being thrown around.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM officially putting my vote behind Franklin from Vanderbilt. I think he will come in hungry, and might bring the kind of culture change apparently needed in Ashburn at the moment.

a young HC with limited pro experience . my on;ly question is isnt that the type of guy you hire to justify meddling ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a young HC with limited pro experience . my on;ly question is isnt that the type of guy you hire to justify meddling ?

To a degree yes. But its also a serious break away from the big headline grabber we have always gone for. And i think he would be a much better hire than the last college coach we tried because Franklin actually does put in the work. I think he could work with Bob, and I think he would also respect the idea of a defensive coach having final say on the defense player and scheme wise. I think we need to get away from the expected. And I honestly think it wont matter what coach we bring in if Dan wants to meddle. He will meddle. But it will matter if we bring in a coach who has the ability to work with players and has the mindset to work around what he is given. I think Franklin has those qualities.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speculation based on this tweet from Jeff Darlington at NFL network...

I continue to believe Jay Gruden will wind up being head coach of Redskins. And yes, I’m aware of the Bengals’ issues on offense last night.
7:56am - 6 Jan 14

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a degree yes. But its also a serious break away from the big headline grabber we have always gone for. And i think he would be a much better hire than the last college coach we tried because Franklin actually does put in the work. I think he could work with Bob, and I think he would also respect the idea of a defensive coach having final say on the defense player and scheme wise. I think we need to get away from the expected. And I honestly think it wont matter what coach we bring in if Dan wants to meddle. He will meddle. But it will matter if we bring in a coach who has the ability to work with players and has the mindset to work around what he is given. I think Franklin has those qualities.

look he could be a good pick and i agree i dont want a headline grabber . i am looking at an NFL assistant as my 1st choice but i could live with franklin as long as we dont come back 2 years from now complaining about snyder meddling and how we should have seen it coming or we got the wrong guy