• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the new HC sticky thread

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my list is pretty short.
1. zimmer
2. mcdermott
3. gruden
4. roman
if we hire a special teams coordinator as our head coach we will be the laughing stock of the nfl

Again I ask why would we be the laffing stock if we hire a special teams coordinator, people for got what the ravens head coach was, further more people have said they will run threw a wall for special teams coaches like danny smith, if u ask me special teams coaches should be the best candidates they have to manage all different personalities on that side of the ball so who better to handle a whole team

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see one obvious guy out there that needs to be hired before anyone else hires him. Bruce Allen has been around the NFL a long time and is well connected in the NFL, I think they will handle this properly. There is no reason to rush.

Don't you think you have to rush a little bit? cause the coach that is hired has to hire cooridaintors and we don't want left over coordinators

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I ask why would we be the laffing stock if we hire a special teams coordinator, people for got what the ravens head coach was, further more people have said they will run threw a wall for special teams coaches like danny smith, if u ask me special teams coaches should be the best candidates they have to manage all different personalities on that side of the ball so who better to handle a whole team
there are really good offensive mind candidates and really good defensive mind candidates which we need both. special teams comes after that.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think you have to rush a little bit? cause the coach that is hired has to hire cooridaintors and we don't want left over coordinators
. Yes you do we'dont want zorn type coach skins hired zorn what like superbowl weekend or was it like a week before the combine I will look it up

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Yes you do we'dont want zorn type coach skins hired zorn what like superbowl weekend or was it like a week before the combine I will look it up
jim zorn was hired feb 10th as headcoach week after the supebowl

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go ahead and assume that somebody on the bengals staff is going to be our next head coach and i kind of expect an answer by monday of next week

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie Smith gets a Shanahan Clause in his deal with the Bucs. He will have final say over all roster/personnel moves per Schefter. If thats true, no way was Dan Snyder going to hire him in any case.

Sources: Lovie Smith has final say on Bucs' roster

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Keim ‏@john_keim 2h
Caldwell met with Bruce Allen, Dan Snyder, Moroccor Brown and Scott Campbell today...

Its good to know that Morocco Brown and Scott Campbell are involved in the head coaching hiring, maybe their rolls have expanded since Shanahan is gone

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
January 12 - Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that won their Wild Card games may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of Divisional Playoff games.

January 26 - An assistant coach, whose team is participating in the Super Bowl, who has previously interviewed for another club’s head coaching job may have a second interview with such club no later than the Sunday preceding the Super Bowl.

NFL League Calendar: Important dates for 2013 and 2014 - The Phinsider

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Keim ‏@john_keim 2h
Caldwell met with Bruce Allen, Dan Snyder, Moroccor Brown and Scott Campbell today...

Its good to know that Morocco Brown and Scott Campbell are involved in the head coaching hiring, maybe their rolls have expanded since Shanahan is gone

well that looked like a serious interview then . good

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that looked like a serious interview then . good

yes it was, it was said that jim caldwell came prepared, he had all the breakdown on rg3's plays and had baltmore scouting report of what they thought of the redskins, its all on the washington post

it seems for the first time in forever the skins front office are really doing their research on who the next coach will be instead of just going for the hot name

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, you guys have convinced me to not look at anything else that's happening in the league. I believe you all and because of your efforts now understand that as other teams are filling their HCing needs, they will also be hiring coordinators and other assistants thereby syphoning off top talent as our team conducts interviews and this is a good thing. Count me in............more interviews!!!!! Thanks!!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where you are coming from but in the case of lovie smith he didm want to come here tony dungy advised him not to even take the interview

If that is the word going around NFL circles..........does this not make it more imperative to act quickly??? Hire a HC ASAP and allow him to sell others on joining his staff before the entire well is poisoned and they opt to go elsewhere for the same reason(s) L. Smith did. How many top line coaches are now curious as to why Tony Dungy offered this advice??

Last edited by a moderator:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe the Bengals lost. Jay Gruden must be hired asap.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, you guys have convinced me to not look at anything else that's happening in the league. I believe you all and because of your efforts now understand that as other teams are filling their HCing needs, they will also be hiring coordinators and other assistants thereby syphoning off top talent as our team conducts interviews and this is a good thing. Count me in............more interviews!!!!! Thanks!!!!

Actually, you've convinced me that we should rush into it. We should hire the next one through the door. I mean, how important is a HC anyway? Finding an good HC is like finding a good RB, they are a dime a dozen. IF it doesn't work out, we can just fire him and start all over. That's seemed to work out so well for us these last 15 years, right?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you've convinced me that we should rush into it. We should hire the next one through the door. I mean, how important is a HC anyway? Finding an good HC is like finding a good RB, they are a dime a dozen. IF it doesn't work out, we can just fire him and start all over. That's seemed to work out so well for us these last 15 years, right?
Actually what's worked in the league is having competent people in the front offices, especially at and through the GM's position. Something our team sorely lacks!!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins already requested permission to interview Gruden and Zimmer according to rotoworld.com. We should have someone by the end of the week.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins already requested permission to interview Gruden and Zimmer according to rotoworld.com. We should have someone by the end of the week.

I have been on the Gruden wagon for a while now all though yesterday made me slow my roll a bit. While the Bengals looked good in the first half, they disappeared in the second half completely. Let's wait another week and see how the 49'ers and Seahawks play out since we are interested in both Roman and Bevelle.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden has to be higher on the list than Roman and Bevelle. It should be a slam dunk for Gruden. The question is how much does he make per season 3,4, or 5 mil?