• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the new HC sticky thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they just wanted it out the way why didn't they just interview Raheem Moore

One because it would look rather obvious. Two because we have already gotten bad press for doing just that to get around the required interview. Im not suggesting that Caldwell is just a token interview. But even if they had wanted to make an offer to Bevell, it would have been in violation of the current rules in place. A rule of which I am not a fan of.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Snyder, Washington Redskins owner, still struggles to find formula for success - The Washington Post

Hey guys Please read this article on dan synder from the post, Im sorry Synder is a BIG BIG FUCK UP

IM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW, DO U KNOW WE HAD A CHANCE TO GET GREEN BAYS JODEY NELSON BUT SYNDER WANTED MALCOM KELLY AND DEVIN TOMAS THE SCOUTS WERE PUSHING FOR JODEY BUT SYNDER INSISTED ON MALCOM KELLY, ITS SO MANY SECRETS THATS BEING WITH HELD WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE SYNDER COST US IN MANY DRAFTS

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Snyder, Washington Redskins owner, still struggles to find formula for success - The Washington Post

Hey guys Please read this article on dan synder from the post, Im sorry Synder is a BIG BIG FUCK UP

IM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW, DO U KNOW WE HAD A CHANCE TO GET GREEN BAYS JODEY NELSON BUT SYNDER WANTED MALCOM KELLY AND DEVIN TOMAS THE SCOUTS WERE PUSHING FOR JODEY BUT SYNDER INSISTED ON MALCOM KELLY, ITS SO MANY SECRETS THATS BEING WITH HELD WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE SYNDER COST US IN MANY DRAFTS

if its true then it stinks but remember that was half a decade ago and the article comes from the notoriously anti redskins WP . wouldnt doubt it happened though but then again it could be pure hogwash

BigCountry_48

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't think the article was that bad. We have an owner that wants to win and will do everything in his power to win. I think he is starting to learn.

I don't think anybody will ever know the full truth, but it could be a lot worse. At least we have an owner that undoubtedly wants to win and will put everything he has into winning. Lets just hope he has learned to leave the football decisions to Bruce Allen.

If we can bring in a good head coach and fix the defense between the draft and free agency we have a chance to make a major turnaround. We have the weapons on offense to score enough points to win with a decent defense. I'm excited to see RG3 after a full off season of work and what a new coach can do with guys like Helu and Read to really give this offense an extra dimension outside of Garcon and Morris.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't think the article was that bad. We have an owner that wants to win and will do everything in his power to win. I think he is starting to learn.

I don't think anybody will ever know the full truth, but it could be a lot worse. At least we have an owner that undoubtedly wants to win and will put everything he has into winning. Lets just hope he has learned to leave the football decisions to Bruce Allen.

If we can bring in a good head coach and fix the defense between the draft and free agency we have a chance to make a major turnaround. We have the weapons on offense to score enough points to win with a decent defense. I'm excited to see RG3 after a full off season of work and what a new coach can do with guys like Helu and Read to really give this offense an extra dimension outside of Garcon and Morris.

[Devils Advocate mode engaged]

Yo do realize that aside from the Allen comment, and RG3 as the QB, this sounds alot like what Dallas fans have been saying about Jerry Jones?? Im just saying.

[/Devils Advocate mode disabled]

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like this team is gonna get leftovers at HC.......It seems that they rather enjoy the wining and dining aspect of the search, but honestly, how hard is it to make an assessment of the team, decide on the type of coach that the team needs, identify then sign him. Not here in DC, and worse most of our fans are falling for this nonsense. They have already allowed Bill O'brien and Lovey Smith to go elsewhere. O'Brien because they failed to make a move that was clearly gonna happen prior to the end of the season and too slow to move on Smith. Now, we're expected to buy "due diligence" as we let coaches like Ken Whisenhunt go to Detroit and David Shaw say no. There is of course plenty who will say that they need a defensive coach, and plenty of others who will say the opposite. Truth is we need a complete coach, one who gives equal attention to both sides of the ball, but, as each one signs elsewhere or choose to stay put while Mr. Allen flies all over interviewing let's not act surprised when no one is happy with the "choice." Finally, let me leave you with this to ponder...........Mr. Allen has already informed us that he and the player personnel team is in place.....right?? Well if this is true, then shouldn't this group have made its position by position assessment of the team, it's weaknesses and strengths and the type of coach that THEY best deem will suit winning football?? Multiple interviews suggests Absolutely Not!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have heard this a million times. Dan will spare no cost to field a winning team. Then 15 years later why has this team only been to the playoffs 4 times? He has hired proven winners and they haven't won.

When George Allen spear headed the building of Redskin Park it was state of the art. Now the Redskin facilities are way behind other teams. Here we are again hoping a new coach and new system will turn the team around. Deja vu all over again.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like this team is gonna get leftovers at HC.......It seems that they rather enjoy the wining and dining aspect of the search, but honestly, how hard is it to make an assessment of the team, decide on the type of coach that the team needs, identify then sign him. Not here in DC, and worse most of our fans are falling for this nonsense. They have already allowed Bill O'brien and Lovey Smith to go elsewhere. O'Brien because they failed to make a move that was clearly gonna happen prior to the end of the season and too slow to move on Smith. Now, we're expected to buy "due diligence" as we let coaches like Ken Whisenhunt go to Detroit and David Shaw say no. There is of course plenty who will say that they need a defensive coach, and plenty of others who will say the opposite. Truth is we need a complete coach, one who gives equal attention to both sides of the ball, but, as each one signs elsewhere or choose to stay put while Mr. Allen flies all over interviewing let's not act surprised when no one is happy with the "choice." Finally, let me leave you with this to ponder...........Mr. Allen has already informed us that he and the player personnel team is in place.....right?? Well if this is true, then shouldn't this group have made its position by position assessment of the team, it's weaknesses and strengths and the type of coach that THEY best deem will suit winning football?? Multiple interviews suggests Absolutely Not!!!

I understand where you are coming from but in the case of lovie smith he didm want to come here tony dungy advised him not to even take the interview

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie, got to disagree. There is no rush. This is too important. Take your time, talk to a multiple candidates and do a thorough examination. There is no "right" model of a coach, its all individual. Allen has already said the traits he is most interested in, outside of football knowledge.....Leadership, communication skills and fire in the belly. These are traits that require more than one meeting to evaluate. Also, there are candidates that we need to explore that are still in the playoff hunt. WE NEED TO TALK TO THEM. The last thing we need to do is make a rash decision because we are afraid a candidate is going to go somewhere else. If they opt for another opportunity, let them go. They weren't sold on this opportunity, which means they weren't committed. We need someone that is 100% committed and sees the Redskins opportunity as the best one out there.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see one obvious guy out there that needs to be hired before anyone else hires him. Bruce Allen has been around the NFL a long time and is well connected in the NFL, I think they will handle this properly. There is no reason to rush.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Gruden looks like an obvious hire to me.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Gruden looks like an obvious hire to me.

I almost think the coordinators are just as important as the coach. Our coordinators have been awful the last few years (Haslett mainly). If Bevell can bring Cable as the OC, you have to make that move. If Gruden comes here, he would have to bring in an amazing DC.

For example, John Fox doesn't really do much for Denver. Del Rio and Gase do coaching and make the calls. Fox oversees the team and makes the most important decisions.

I also think we made a huge mistake by not promoting Allen to President and hiring a young GM. I would even be ok with Allen as President and AJ Smith as GM. Allen's strength is cap work and there is none better. We need talent evaluation and that is not his strength.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we are interviewing. Oc pat shurmur qb coach bill lazor from the eagles. Are we just bringing in these guys to collect intelagence are we reconning these coaches. Skindad?? Shark???

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason laconfra confirms allen is'useing a a old al davis technique the coaches allen are interveiwing is collect as'much'info as'possiable and jay gruden is number 1 on skins wish list I would paste the article but don't know how any go to kffl .com click redskins news

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost think the coordinators are just as important as the coach. Our coordinators have been awful the last few years (Haslett mainly). If Bevell can bring Cable as the OC, you have to make that move. If Gruden comes here, he would have to bring in an amazing DC.

For example, John Fox doesn't really do much for Denver. Del Rio and Gase do coaching and make the calls. Fox oversees the team and makes the most important decisions.

I also think we made a huge mistake by not promoting Allen to President and hiring a young GM. I would even be ok with Allen as President and AJ Smith as GM. Allen's strength is cap work and there is none better. We need talent evaluation and that is not his strength.

I agree, Lombardi, Knoll, Walsh and Gibbs were just figureheads. Their coordinators should get all the credit.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we are interviewing. Oc pat shurmur qb coach bill lazor from the eagles. Are we just bringing in these guys to collect intelagence are we reconning these coaches. Skindad?? Shark???

It appears to me that he is going to have 1st round interviews with the top 10 or so. He'll then probably whittle it down to 3 and go for deep dive interviews with multiple folks from the front office. Expect this process to take 2 -3 weeks, depending on candidate availability.

BigCountry_48

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Devils Advocate mode engaged]

Yo do realize that aside from the Allen comment, and RG3 as the QB, this sounds alot like what Dallas fans have been saying about Jerry Jones?? Im just saying.

[/Devils Advocate mode disabled]

I hear what you're saying Shark, but the difference is Jerry is dead set on being the GM. Snyder hired Allen and gave control to Shanny. He's now turning control over to Allen and the personnel team. The only reason he was awful the first decade he was here was because he doesn't know the personnel side of things. Now I realize this is up for debate as to whether or not you believe he's actually taken a back seat now that Shanny is gone, but I'll believe it until proven otherwise.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]419844632730554368[/MEDIA]"][/ame]