• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the new HC sticky thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude, but if we bring in a whole new staff and end up picking top ten in 2015, I think it does more harm than good. Dan is going to expect improvement. And i honestly dont think a defensive finish like Dallas had will bring stability. Now you are probably right and Haslett will get fired. But reality is, with as long as our head coaching search is taking, I dont think we find a better DC at the end of the day.

well see that is an issue of this fan base . the expectations get way too high and they want to throw out common sense . . dude we are coming off a 3-13 season . to expect a winning season with a new staff and system is way to much to expect . i know people will point to the eagles and chiefs but is that the norm?

we have about 10 above avg football players at their positions . the talent isnt there yet

it will be 3 years to begin to start competing consistently for the playoffs

as far as i am concerned anyone we get is better then haslett . he didnt get the best out of the players we had . he had Rak and kerrigan in coverage way too much . his adjustments at halftime were lacking . his defenses here are almost at record worst teams ever assembled

sorry his passive 3-4 is a failure

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well see that is an issue of this fan base . the expectations get way too high and they want to throw out common sense . . dude we are coming off a 3-13 season . to expect a winning season with a new staff and system is way to much to expect . i know people will point to the eagles and chiefs but is that the norm?

we have about 10 above avg football players at their positions . the talent isnt there yet

it will be 3 years to begin to start competing consistently for the playoffs

as far as i am concerned anyone we get is better then haslett . he didnt get the best out of the players we had . he had Rak and kerrigan in coverage way too much . his adjustments at halftime were lacking . his defenses here are almost at record worst teams ever assembled

sorry his passive 3-4 is a failure

Its not about the fanbase so much as the owner. You seriously think dan is going to accept yet ANOTHER losing season?? I dont. And I will simply point out that last year at this time people though... well any one would be better than Rob Ryan in Dallas. And again, I dont see an available DC out there who is as good, much less better other than maybe Williams. And lets face it, after Dan snubbed him for Jim Zorn I dont see him coming here to coach this defense.

remember we are talking about the Owner who sent FIVE Gallons of vanilla Ice Cream to his DC because he thought his schemes were too vanilla.... then fired the guy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not about the fanbase so much as the owner. You seriously think dan is going to accept yet ANOTHER losing season?? I dont. And I will simply point out that last year at this time people though... well any one would be better than Rob Ryan in Dallas. And again, I dont see an available DC out there who is as good, much less better other than maybe Williams. And lets face it, after Dan snubbed him for Jim Zorn I dont see him coming here to coach this defense.

remember we are talking about the Owner who sent FIVE Gallons of vanilla Ice Cream to his DC because he thought his schemes were too vanilla.... then fired the guy.

do you know how many times i have heard this ? i heard this during the gibbs years the shanny years and both got 4 .

i think dan wants a winner and one that is built the right way not the flash in the pan types he has had for 15 years

and if he isnt looking for that then we will be doing this all over again in 2 years

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you know how many times i have heard this ? i heard this during the gibbs years the shanny years and both got 4 .

i think dan wants a winner and one that is built the right way not the flash in the pan types he has had for 15 years

and if he isnt looking for that then we will be doing this all over again in 2 years

And he gave Marty one year, Zorn two, and drove Spurrior to resign. Odds of Dan being patient...I think you got a better shot of winning the Power Ball, Mega Millions and Publisher Clearing House all in the same week without even playing. I agree Dan wants a winner, but much Like Jerry Jones, and AL Davis before either of them... he wants people to know that HE was responsible for them being a winner.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he gave Marty one year, Zorn two, and drove Spurrior to resign. Odds of Dan being patient...I think you got a better shot of winning the Power Ball, Mega Millions and Publisher Clearing House all in the same week without even playing. I agree Dan wants a winner, but much Like Jerry Jones, and AL Davis before either of them... he wants people to know that HE was responsible for them being a winner.

and out of that group only shottenhiemer should have gotten more

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think sometimes the word fanbase gets applied to the 40 people who post on here, half of which do not live in the Washington DC area. It seems to me that people that live outside the area think they know how the people of Washington, our newspapers, etc. etc. work. Sorry but I don't think you know that unless you live here. I see things said on a regular basis and think to myself "where did they get that idea from." We locals are glad there are fans all over. We love that VA and a good portion of NC are hotbeds for Redskin fans although that has diminished over the last 15 years. Please be a fan but don't suggest you know how people in our area feel. If you don't live here you don't know.

As for expectations started in 1969 under Lombardi the franchise was mostly a winner until 1991. Since then the team has sucked, especially the last 15 years. Fans here have been patient but I can promise you they are increasingly frustrated by losing season after losing season. People bought into the new shiny free agents bought during each off season for a long time but now want results. It was so nice around here last year when the Skins won. Everyone was wearing their Redskin colors. They just want to see a winner. Another thing, if you don't know the demographics of this area. If Robert becomes the star QB we hope he will be he will be KING of Washington DC and the DMV area.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm....what do you think? I bet Raheem becomes DC. No idea who the OC will be.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm....what do you think? I bet Raheem becomes DC. No idea who the OC will be.

I will reserve judgement until I see who the OC and DC are. Still kind of torn on if Haslett should stay or not. I know most want him gone, I think he got the short end on players and scheme though.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two people familiar with the team said Gruden is expected to retain Jim Haslett as defensive coordinator, and keep Raheem Morris as well, although Morris’ current deal expires in February.

Thats just in. So I guess Has stays

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will reserve judgement until I see who the OC and DC are. Still kind of torn on if Haslett should stay or not. I know most want him gone, I think he got the short end on players and scheme though.

While I agree with you about the dearth of talent he had here, especially in the secondary, he still has never done much in the league. I also question how he used the talent he did have here. IMO, Rak and Kerrigan were put in positions not taking advantage of their strengths way too often.

In any event, if it is either Haz or Raheem, don't be surprised if we switch back to the 4-3.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with you about the dearth of talent he had here, especially in the secondary, he still has never done much in the league. I also question how he used the talent he did have here. IMO, Rak and Kerrigan were put in positions not taking advantage of their strengths way too often.

In any event, if it is either Haz or Raheem, don't be surprised if we switch back to the 4-3.

I think the whole Rak Kerrigan thing was due to him trying to ciover up for other weak spots, mainly safety and Corner. I expect we go back to a 4-3 now. And I will take a consistent 15-20 defense since if RG3 is even remotely as good as some think, we can survive with a middle of the pack defense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard McVay is the OC. I guess Hass is the DC. Does that mean we stick to the 3-4?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard McVay is the OC. I guess Hass is the DC. Does that mean we stick to the 3-4?

I doubt it. Haslett prefers the 4-3, and we are doing a complete overhaul of the Defense. I think our base becomes a 4-3 but he will keep elements of the 3-4 in it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole Rak Kerrigan thing was due to him trying to ciover up for other weak spots, mainly safety and Corner. I expect we go back to a 4-3 now. And I will take a consistent 15-20 defense since if RG3 is even remotely as good as some think, we can survive with a middle of the pack defense.

That's exactly my point. Instead of trying to cover a bad secondary with a fierce pass rush, he made both segments weak by taking his best pass rushers and putting them in coverage. That's how you finish in the cellar on D for 4 years running.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly my point. Instead of trying to cover a bad secondary with a fierce pass rush, he made both segments weak by taking his best pass rushers and putting them in coverage. That's how you finish in the cellar on D for 4 years running.

Yea, but you also have to wonder how much of that as at the urging of the head coach? Saw alot of the same trends in the final year of MS in Denver.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I also heard that McVay was going to be the OC, but I haven't heard anything about us retaining Jim Haslett as our DC.

Question remains will we stick with the 3-4 or switch back to the 4-3?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think sometimes the word fanbase gets applied to the 40 people who post on here, half of which do not live in the Washington DC area. It seems to me that people that live outside the area think they know how the people of Washington, our newspapers, etc. etc. work. Sorry but I don't think you know that unless you live here. I see things said on a regular basis and think to myself "where did they get that idea from." We locals are glad there are fans all over. We love that VA and a good portion of NC are hotbeds for Redskin fans although that has diminished over the last 15 years. Please be a fan but don't suggest you know how people in our area feel. If you don't live here you don't know.

As for expectations started in 1969 under Lombardi the franchise was mostly a winner until 1991. Since then the team has sucked, especially the last 15 years. Fans here have been patient but I can promise you they are increasingly frustrated by losing season after losing season. People bought into the new shiny free agents bought during each off season for a long time but now want results. It was so nice around here last year when the Skins won. Everyone was wearing their Redskin colors. They just want to see a winner. Another thing, if you don't know the demographics of this area. If Robert becomes the star QB we hope he will be he will be KING of Washington DC and the DMV area.

You have to clarify that since there are all types of people who are Skins fans who live outside the area. Myself - I grew up in the DC area and still have quite a few relatives that live there & travel there fairly often. Sure - I may not have all of the info as you, but it is not far off. I can pretty much obtain all of the info as you via the web & other sources. The real difference would be that it is not in my face all the time. However - I get feedback via relatives, friends, etc. that gives me a pretty good idea.

On the flip side - it is also more challenging to be a Skins fan when you live in an area that is not made up of primarily Redskins fans. If you have not done so - you should try it - not the easiest thing in the world & it can test your loyalty (mine will never die - even if they were to have 20 losing seasons in a row).

HTTR

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I also heard that McVay was going to be the OC, but I haven't heard anything about us retaining Jim Haslett as our DC.

Question remains will we stick with the 3-4 or switch back to the 4-3?

Actually it has been said they expect Haslett to be retained as DC. And I expect a switch back to the 4-3