• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After four years, we shouldn't still be rebuilding, we should be a consistent playoff team by now! In 20 full seasons, the guy only has 6 winning seasons. The guy is garbage. I'm sure there's plenty of other guys out there that would definitely have this team in a better position than where they currently are now. Just look at Arizona since Arians took over. He has already taken them to an NFC Championship game, in less time put in there than Fisher has had with the Rams no less.
This is a league of constant change from year to year. You'll have some teams that know how to adjust and make the necessary moves to stay legitimate contenders (Green Bay, Pittsburgh and New England to name a few). Then you have teams that can't get out of their own way, which is what this team constantly does (along with Oakland and Cleveland as a couple examples). There's no excuse why this team is still a low level team like the Browns, four years after Fisher officially took over.

This team is not a low level team like the Browns. The Rams average about 7 wins under Fisher, with a built defense, a franchise RB, a newly drafted #1 overall QB, and a learning OL. The Browns the past 4 years have averaged 5 wins, have no standout QB or RB (or WR without drug issues), have an aging and weakened OL and a mediocre defense.

The QB position (and offensive play calling) has limited the upside for the Rams. Hopefully that changes now with Goff.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not shopson. That dumb bastard got snookered on the way to the john at the owners meetings and accepted that ridiculous fire sale we gave up for Goff.

That was a fair deal given past similar deals. Much cheaper than the deal the Rams got from Washington.

By the way, this board is overwhelmed with negativity these days. What happened to policing that and confining it to a thread?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on UVA_Guy. That Keenum screw-up was so ridiculous I couldn't believe what happened just like this year's screw-up that is going to have after-effects next year as well.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not shopson. That dumb bastard got snookered on the way to the john at the owners meetings and accepted that ridiculous fire sale we gave up for Goff.

Would it have been the worst thing in the world to have traded back a few spots, picked up a few picks and then drafted Lynch? At least we could've had a lot more picks to have helped him out.

This team is not a low level team like the Browns. The Rams average about 7 wins under Fisher, with a built defense, a franchise RB, a newly drafted #1 overall QB, and a learning OL. The Browns the past 4 years have averaged 5 wins, have no standout QB or RB (or WR without drug issues), have an aging and weakened OL and a mediocre defense.

The QB position (and offensive play calling) has limited the upside for the Rams. Hopefully that changes now with Goff.

Yes we are. We haven't made the playoffs in over a decade. There's no excuse for that. That takes a lot of futility, which is what the Browns, Raiders and Jaguars usually reek of as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a fair deal given past similar deals. Much cheaper than the deal the Rams got from Washington.

By the way, this board is overwhelmed with negativity these days. What happened to policing that and confining it to a thread?

You are on the Negativity thread right now and we have given a little more leniency than in years past on other threads for good reason. I'll be on the look-out going forward so don't get your undies in a wad just yet shopson.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize this is the negativity thread, just speaking in general. I don't really care either way, it's just not consistent with what we've done in the past.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it have been the worst thing in the world to have traded back a few spots, picked up a few picks and then drafted Lynch? At least we could've had a lot more picks to have helped him out.

I don't think Lynch is that close to Goff as a QB prospect, and will definitely need more time. If your intent is to guarantee that we have to run with last year's QBs for another year or two, then Lynch is your man.

I think the Rams did pretty well getting targets for Goff. The missed picks probably would've been used on the defensive side, especially given Snisher's draft history. A safety, a linebacker, a corner, etc.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Vita and I have told people to take their negative posts to the Negativity thread whenever possible but we have relaxed the surveillance a bit on some other threads such as the draft thread and the FA thread because the negativity there was appropriate and not excessive. Until we start stringing together winning seasons, we are probably going to have lots of negativity because of the Rams history dating back nearly 16 years and what is happening right now.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize this is the negativity thread, just speaking in general. I don't really care either way, it's just not consistent with what we've done in the past.

Probably because a lot of us are pissed off at how the franchise refuses to see it's many faults and does nothing to change them for the better. We keep drafting and signing a lot of guys that get in trouble, keep the head coach that can't get the team above 7 wins a year and have an owner that's more obsessed about moving out of St Louis and building a stadium out in Los Angeles and increasing the franchise value instead of being interested in putting a winning team on the field. Oh and letting the team do this Hard Knocks bullshit. The last thing this team needs is more distractions.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Lynch is that close to Goff as a QB prospect, and will definitely need more time. If your intent is to guarantee that we have to run with last year's QBs for another year or two, then Lynch is your man.

I think the Rams did pretty well getting targets for Goff. The missed picks probably would've been used on the defensive side, especially given Snisher's draft history. A safety, a linebacker, a corner, etc.

But what's the point of drafting Goff if you don't have a lot of the picks to help him out? At least with Lynch, we could have filled a lot more holes by keeping and obtaining picks. This team isn't going to win in 2016 anyways so if it means we'd be better in the long run, I'm all for it. But ultimately, I don't think it matters who the QB is as long as we have the same head coach and OC running the show.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it says to me is that he also knew Bradford wasn't the answer. Trading one QB to tread water with for another (plus a 2nd round pick and a 1 round upgrade on another pick) is a great deal in that case.

The unbelievably stupid move was to then extend Foles. If he knew Foles wasn't the answer, why extend him? It is essentially only for one season (no guarantees on next season), so I guess that was to bridge the gap to another QB, but still a bad move IMO.

Yes, That was my point :suds: If he really did know Foles wasn't the answer, why would you EVER extend him? I had no problem getting rid of Bradford, or the trade. But you don't extend a guy who you claim you know isn't the answer, that just doesn't make sense. Many of us complained about giving a guy an extention after the coaches were raving about his play in shorts and t-shirts, as if that somehow matters on Sundays

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further proof our front office/coaching staff is full of crap/a joke!!!

Rams’ Les Snead Knew Nick Foles Wasn’t The Answer During Trade

So let me get this straight, we traded for Foles and the RE-SIGNED him before the season even though Snead "Knew Foles wasn't the answer?"

Pretty much says it all, doesn't it?
Interesting listen LTRF, I enjoyed the podcast but the joke's on you.
Yes, That was my point :suds: If he really did know Foles wasn't the answer, why would you EVER extend him? I had no problem getting rid of Bradford, or the trade. But you don't extend a guy who you claim you know isn't the answer, that just doesn't make sense. Many of us complained about giving a guy an extention after the coaches were raving about his play in shorts and t-shirts, as if that somehow matters on Sundays
Did you listen to the podcast?

This Blane Grisak, who wrote this article really took a lot of yous, hook line and sinker with his article fluff titled "Rams' Les Snead Knew Nick Foles wasn't the Answer during the trade" :lol:

Told you what you wanted to hear.

Basically Grisak states 'by the sounds of it', after misquoting the hell out of Snead if one actually listens to the podcast.

Interesting enough, Grisak begins quoting Snead on the Bradford trade and conveniently misquotes Snead and leaves out an important stipulation just to make his story he knew some folks would eat up. No fingers pointed... :dhd:

Here, I'll properly quote the man and put the stipulation, conveniently left out, in red....

And also we did know this, grabbing that extra second round pick, whoever was going to be our QB last year, if it didn't work out, whether it was going to be Sam, Nick whatever, we did know that it might be time to start looking again. We knew by getting that extra second round pick it would give us ammo to maneuver more in the next draft.”
Here's the way Grisak quoted it...

“We also knew grabbing that extra second round pick, whoever our quarterback was going to be last year might not work out, so it would be time to start looking again. We knew by getting that extra second round pick it would give us the ability to maneuver more in the next draft.”
74432_460s_v1.jpg

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting listen LTRF, I enjoyed the podcast but the joke's on you.
Did you listen to the podcast?

This Blane Grisak, who wrote this article really took a lot of yous, hook line and sinker with his article fluff titled "Rams' Les Snead Knew Nick Foles wasn't the Answer during the trade" :lol:

Told you what you wanted to hear.

Basically Grisak states 'by the sounds of it', and then misquotes the hell out of Snead if you listened to the podcast.

Interesting enough, Grisak begins quoting Snead on the Bradford trade and conveniently misquotes Snead and leaves out an important stipulation just to make his story he knew some folks would eat up. No fingers pointed... :dhd:

Here, I'll properly quote the man and put the stipulation, conveniently left out, in red....

And also we did know this, grabbing that extra second round pick, whoever was going to be our QB last year, if it didn't work out, whether it was going to be Sam, Nick whatever, we did know that it might be time to start looking again. We knew by getting that extra second round pick it would give us ammo to maneuver more in the next draft.”
Here's the way Grisak quoted it...

“We also knew grabbing that extra second round pick, whoever our quarterback was going to be last year might not work out, so it would be time to start looking again. We knew by getting that extra second round pick it would give us the ability to maneuver more in the next draft.”​

Um, yes I sure did. The idiot re-signed a guy(Foles)after seeing him play in shorts and a t-shirt...It's not about the trade, it's about the re-signing...No offense Vita, but keep up with the convo...

How again is the joke on me???

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, just read again what you wrote and quoted Vita, you ABSOLUTELY DESTOYED your own argument in your own post...

You say the joke is on me, then you quote "“And also we did know this, grabbing that extra second round pick, whoever was going to be our QB last year, if it didn't work out, whether it was going to be Sam, Nick whatever, we did know that it might be time to start looking again. We knew by getting that extra second round pick it would give us ammo to maneuver more in the next draft.”

In other words, the KNEW they needed a new QB and yet they STILL extended Foles anyway. That is what you call awful management!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense Vita, but keep up with the convo...
How could I be offended LTRF when I responded to your very last post?

You are still asking if "they really knew...then why?"

If he really did know Foles wasn't the answer, why would you EVER extend him?
I showed you they didn't know....

You just bought the lame story some hack put on the internet where he leaves out a critical point that showed they were preparing in case their QB they kept or traded was in future plans.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, the KNEW they needed a new QB and yet they STILL extended Foles anyway. That is what you call awful management!!!
Wrong.

They prepared for both scenarios.

You just want to kick em when their down.

I don't blame you but that's the real deal.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could I be offended LTRF when I responded to your very last post?

You are still asking if "they really knew...then why?"

I showed you they didn't know....

You just bought the lame story some hack put on the internet where he leaves out a critical point that showed they were preparing in case their QB they kept or traded was in future plans.

Seriously? prove the story wrong...It provides a DIRECT quote from our GM saying he KNEW Foles wasn't the answer...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

They prepared for both scenarios.

You just want to kick em when their down.

I don't blame you but that's the real deal.

I want to kick them when they're down, really? I've been a Rams fan for OVER 30 years. I just like to tell the truth, not sugarcoat things...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest here, they didn't 'know' a damned thing other than the facts.

They knew that Foles had a hell of a year with lots of TD's and very few INT's.

They knew that Foles had a tough year and an injury the next.

Not having a franchise QB was and had been killing their progress over the last 3 years.

So they were damned if they extended him and he failed and damned if they didn't extend him and he succeeded and he went off to free agency.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? prove the story wrong...It provides a DIRECT quote from our GM saying he KNEW Foles wasn't the answer...
I did already buddy, I put it in red.

That stipulation shows it wasn't about what they 'knew' rather more about what they 'didn't know'. They had to cover their asses both ways.