• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, forgot to add...Taking a rookie QB first overall didn't extend our last head coach, so you NEVER know who might be here next season(2017)...

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for giggles...

I gotta add this to all the history buffs who love using the Fisher history book to make their point on why Fish should be fired.

Remember that little fact going around here about the last head coach to keep his job after 4 years without a winning season?

Yeah, and that guy too was Jeff Fisher. Ha ha, good one..... Well, in short it plays out well, nice trivia to make your point.

But if you go there, it's fair to ask, what followed those 4 years of mediocrity?

His team, after moving out of Houston and into Nashville, by the end of their second season in Tennessee, along with the second year QB starter, a phenomenal talent at RB and a damned good defense, were about a foot away from winning the Super Bowl. (Save that last part, sound familiar?)

Now, I don't have this kool-aide of hope thing going on for Fisher here, but if we're gonna talk about history in our argument against Fish, we can't be so selective.

This >:kermit: :drink: :idea: :martini::tb:

+ this > :drama: :hail::angel::amen: :fhritp: :pray:

= this > :Cry::bawling::surprised::rain::facepalm5::facepalm3::burt::behindsofa: :peep: :puzzled::sorry:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Dallas was a playoff team in 2010? how about 2011 when he was officially named head coach? 2012?2013? Nope to all of them. You see, he's actually had this thing called a winning season. That's when you have more wins than losses. As for their season being a fluke, call it what you want, they still won their division and had a winning record, something we haven't done in about a decade and as I've said OVER and OVER, it's not about the teams in our division, we don't get the job done with the teams OUTSIDE our division.

Now lets get to the draft and are you for real? Fisher has taken 3 or 4 good players and all the sudden he's a great draft guy? OK, here we go...Pettis, Salas, Pead, Givens, trading up for Tavon, Barrett Jones, Greg Robinson, Tre Mason, Mannion, Quick, should I keep going? because that's 10 questionable picks from the first 4 rounds right there.
Let's not forget the 6th rounder we took last year who retired before even taking the field(that was SOLID drafting!!!) How about Michael Sam? We didn't need a DE but we took him because, why exactly? publicity?(another SOLID pick!!!) I want wins, not publicity...

Would you please remind us all of the last time a Fisher coached team made the playoffs? just a hint, its been almost a DECADE now!!! Also, how many winning seasons has he had in his 20+ year career?

If you can't understand the difference between rebuilding from a perennial top of the draft team and a recent playoff team, I can't help you there.

Pettis and Salas were McHoody picks, not Snisher's. Mason has one traffic stop and he's now a bad draft pick? Robinson is the starting LT that was a known project, he gets this year to prove himself IMO. If you're going to count 3rd round QBs that sit out a year to develop as busts, then you might as well never draft a QB after the first round. As a 4th round WR, Givens had a decent 2 years with the QB starved Rams and is still in the league. Not a great pick (1 dimensional receiver), but not a bust. Quick was a slow learner and got injured just as he was getting it, but was a reach where he was drafted and has disappointed thus far. Pead and Barrett Jones were busts. Even if we assume those 8 (not Pettis and Salas) were all disappointing picks, that's 8 "busts" out of 21 picks in the first 4 rounds. I doubt that's above average (62% success rate).

As I said, Fisher would be gone already if not for his name recognition and superbowl appearance. My main point is that I don't know that you could find anyone that would have made this team a playoff team by now (where this all started, when you stated the owner should buy this team into the playoffs).

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't understand the difference between rebuilding from a perennial top of the draft team and a recent playoff team, I can't help you there.

Pettis and Salas were McHoody picks, not Snisher's. Mason has one traffic stop and he's now a bad draft pick? Robinson is the starting LT that was a known project, he gets this year to prove himself IMO. If you're going to count 3rd round QBs that sit out a year to develop as busts, then you might as well never draft a QB after the first round. As a 4th round WR, Givens had a decent 2 years with the QB starved Rams and is still in the league. Not a great pick (1 dimensional receiver), but not a bust. Quick was a slow learner and got injured just as he was getting it, but was a reach where he was drafted and has disappointed thus far. Pead and Barrett Jones were busts. Even if we assume those 8 (not Pettis and Salas) were all disappointing picks, that's 8 "busts" out of 21 picks in the first 4 rounds. I doubt that's above average (62% success rate).

As I said, Fisher would be gone already if not for his name recognition and superbowl appearance. My main point is that I don't know that you could find anyone that would have made this team a playoff team by now (where this all started, when you stated the owner should buy this team into the playoffs).

tbh, mason needs to prove it this year because last year was horrible

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, yes we weren't a "playoff" team, but so what? Our roster couldn't have been too bad for him to go 7-8-1 in the first year, huh? His BEST record in four years. The problem started once Fisher started bringing "his kinda guys" in, AKA Thugs...

Mason isn't a bust? come on, he did NOTHING last year plus yes he got arrested by the cops. As for our 3rd round QB, how is he supposed to "develop"? we now have the number 1 overall pick, plus Keenum, plus Foles...Givens was crap, or he'd still be here, it's not like we're stocked at WR and can afford to give them away. Quick was picked at the top of the second round, he had a FEW good games, but that's it, BUST!!! Robinson might be a starter, but he's been the just about/if not the WORST starting LT in the NFL, look at the stats. As for him being a "project", you don't take a project who can't pass protect to save his life at #2 overall, only an IDIOT(Snisher) does that.

I also see you disregarded the fact we went 7-8-1 in his first year and 7-9 last year. The roster you claimed had no talent obviouly wasn't too bad to produce 7 wins and a tie.

As for his name recognition, he has very little to none at this point. He hasn't been to a superbowl in almost 20 years and hasn't seen the playoffs in almost 10. At this point it's pretty clear, this isn't the guy for the job. So yes, its time to BUY ourselves a new coach who can lead us to the promised land. Afterall, you do buy staff and players in the NFL...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, yes we weren't a "playoff" team, but so what? Our roster couldn't have been too bad for him to go 7-8-1 in the first year, huh? His BEST record in four years. The problem started once Fisher started bringing "his kinda guys" in, AKA Thugs...

Mason isn't a bust? come on, he did NOTHING last year plus yes he got arrested by the cops. As for our 3rd round QB, how is he supposed to "develop"? we now have the number 1 overall pick, plus Keenum, plus Foles...Givens was crap, or he'd still be here, it's not like we're stocked at WR and can afford to give them away. Quick was picked at the top of the second round, he had a FEW good games, but that's it, BUST!!! Robinson might be a starter, but he's been the just about/if not the WORST starting LT in the NFL, look at the stats. As for him being a "project", you don't take a project who can't pass protect to save his life at #2 overall, only an IDIOT(Snisher) does that.

I also see you disregarded the fact we went 7-8-1 in his first year and 7-9 last year. The roster you claimed had no talent obviouly wasn't too bad to produce 7 wins and a tie.

As for his name recognition, he has very little to none at this point. He hasn't been to a superbowl in almost 20 years and hasn't seen the playoffs in almost 10. At this point it's pretty clear, this isn't the guy for the job. So yes, its time to BUY ourselves a new coach who can lead us to the promised land. Afterall, you do buy staff and players in the NFL...

Maybe you're familiar with this Todd Gurley guy that took Mason's reps?

Mannion will develop just as he has to this point; as the third string QB. Maybe after this season he graduates to backup.

Givens lead the Rams in receiving yardage his rookie year in 2012 with 42-698-3 (over Gibson, Amendola and Kendricks) and was second in 2013 with 34-569 (behind Cook).

Even if Robinson flakes out at LT, he's a quality road-grading OG. Sure, that's not what you use a #2 pick for, but it's not a bust either.

The roster BEFORE Snisher took over went 2-14. The Rams stabilized under Snisher, consistenly add talent every season, and have been just under .500 every season since. Without a QB, they couldn't get any further. They now have their QB, hopefully he rounds into form quickly (but isn't rushed).

You can't buy players or coaches that don't want to come to your team, which has been my point all along.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you're familiar with this Todd Gurley guy that took Mason's reps?

Mannion will develop just as he has to this point; as the third string QB. Maybe after this season he graduates to backup.

Givens lead the Rams in receiving yardage his rookie year in 2012 with 42-698-3 (over Gibson, Amendola and Kendricks) and was second in 2013 with 34-569 (behind Cook).

Even if Robinson flakes out at LT, he's a quality road-grading OG. Sure, that's not what you use a #2 pick for, but it's not a bust either.

The roster BEFORE Snisher took over went 2-14. The Rams stabilized under Snisher, consistenly add talent every season, and have been just under .500 every season since. Without a QB, they couldn't get any further. They now have their QB, hopefully he rounds into form quickly (but isn't rushed).

You can't buy players or coaches that don't want to come to your team, which has been my point all along.

Our team played Gurley EVERY SINGLE PLAY last season? Come on man, Mason had some chances but produced squat when he did. He was even passed up by Bennie at times on the depth chart...

I'll believe Mannion at #2 when I see it. You DO NOT take a third string QB in the third round. But we did...We took him a round too early, a position we didn't really need since we just traded for Foles and there were better prospects(even QBs)available at the time of the pick...

So if Givens was SO GOOD, why isn't he here anymore? Do we have SO much talent at WR? He was traded for virtually nothing meaning he had virtually no value...Having a couple ok seasons and a future 7th in return just isn't getting value for that pick...

Now to the roster, as I said, he had a better record his FIRST year than his fouth year, that's UNACCEPTABLE!!!. And don't give me this QB stuff, he CHOSE to trade for Foles and Keenum, his choices(Foles being yet another questionable move or at least the idea to re-sign him after seeing him play in shorts and a t-shirt)...Also, we have to find ways to re-sign our players BEFORE they hit the open market so we don't have to overpay for everyone like we did this offseason...

As for Robinson, if he's moved to guard, the pick is pretty much a bust. As you said, you don't take a project OG at #2, and we don't even know how good he'd be there since he still can't pass block. Plus, we really don't have someone to step into that LT spot and without 1st and 3rd round picks next year, it'll be even tougher to find one...

As for buying coaches/players, money talks. Do you really think a coach is going to turn down a top dollar contract from the Rams? Fisher is making, what? Seven mil a year? We could DEFINITELY find someone better/more talented for that kind of money, especially now in LA...Only 32 head coaching jobs in the world, I don't see many people turning down one of those, especially if Kroenke keeps his checkbook open...

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our team played Gurley EVERY SINGLE PLAY last season? Come on man, Mason had some chances but produced squat when he did. He was even passed up by Bennie at times on the depth chart...

I'll believe Mannion at #2 when I see it. You DO NOT take a third string QB in the third round. But we did...We took him a round too early, a position we didn't really need since we just traded for Foles and there were better prospects(even QBs)available at the time of the pick...

So if Givens was SO GOOD, why isn't he here anymore? Do we have SO much talent at WR? He was traded for virtually nothing meaning he had virtually no value...Having a couple ok seasons and a future 7th in return just isn't getting value for that pick...

Now to the roster, as I said, he had a better record his FIRST year than his fouth year, that's UNACCEPTABLE!!!. And don't give me this QB stuff, he CHOSE to trade for Foles and Keenum, his choices(Foles being yet another questionable move or at least the idea to re-sign him after seeing him play in shorts and a t-shirt)...Also, we have to find ways to re-sign our players BEFORE they hit the open market so we don't have to overpay for everyone like we did this offseason...

As for Robinson, if he's moved to guard, the pick is pretty much a bust. As you said, you don't take a project OG at #2, and we don't even know how good he'd be there since he still can't pass block. Plus, we really don't have someone to step into that LT spot and without 1st and 3rd round picks next year, it'll be even tougher to find one...

As for buying coaches/players, money talks. Do you really think a coach is going to turn down a top dollar contract from the Rams? Fisher is making, what? Seven mil a year? We could DEFINITELY find someone better/more talented for that kind of money, especially now in LA...Only 32 head coaching jobs in the world, I don't see many people turning down one of those, especially if Kroenke keeps his checkbook open...

:clap: Well said!! ....For what its worth..... I love reading Long times Posts!! :clap:

Forget arguing with Shoppy, he is just going to spin these stats any way he can just to make himself feel good! 62% draft success rating?? 8 bust out of 21?? WTF?? :trash:He's not drinking kool-aid, I'd say he's been sucking on some serious Bong Water :doobs:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far has I'm concerned we have already seen what Fisher can do, or rather what he can't do! It's not just his shitty Ram record, he hasn't been a successful coach the majority of his career! I still think Buffalo was robbed in the Music City Mracle game, Tennesssee was "lucky" to even get to the SB!
Fisher has already been given umpteen chances, he doesn't "deserve" another 3 years, let alone ONE! Screw the injury excuse, he has made many questionable on field decisions, as far as players that he has kept or played ahead of others, his horrendous challenges during games, his questionable choices for assistant coaches, etc, etc, etc

Being 27-36-1 during his four seasons tells me all I need to know and that is that he needs to go. So great, he took this team from shit to mediocre. It's hard not to look good after the Linehan and Spagnuolo dumpster fire regimes. Taking this team from mediocre to good is something he should've already have done at least 1-2 seasons ago. Instead, this team is STILL treading water as a mediocre squad. I don't care if he was the coach when the Houston Oilers moved to Nashville and became the Titans. If him helping a team to readjust again to a new city is the only reason he's being kept, the priorities within this organization are so completely screwed up that this team will continue being a lost cause.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After four years, we shouldn't still be rebuilding, we should be a consistent playoff team by now! In 20 full seasons, the guy only has 6 winning seasons. The guy is garbage. I'm sure there's plenty of other guys out there that would definitely have this team in a better position than where they currently are now. Just look at Arizona since Arians took over. He has already taken them to an NFC Championship game, in less time put in there than Fisher has had with the Rams no less.
This is a league of constant change from year to year. You'll have some teams that know how to adjust and make the necessary moves to stay legitimate contenders (Green Bay, Pittsburgh and New England to name a few). Then you have teams that can't get out of their own way, which is what this team constantly does (along with Oakland and Cleveland as a couple examples). There's no excuse why this team is still a low level team like the Browns, four years after Fisher officially took over.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep LTR and UVA. I have been stating these very things for nearly two years now only to hear that we need to give Snisher MORE TIME! Horse shit I say.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further proof our front office/coaching staff is full of crap/a joke!!!

Rams’ Les Snead Knew Nick Foles Wasn’t The Answer During Trade

So let me get this straight, we traded for Foles and the RE-SIGNED him before the season even though Snead "Knew Foles wasn't the answer?"

Pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

What it says to me is that he also knew Bradford wasn't the answer. Trading one QB to tread water with for another (plus a 2nd round pick and a 1 round upgrade on another pick) is a great deal in that case.

The unbelievably stupid move was to then extend Foles. If he knew Foles wasn't the answer, why extend him? It is essentially only for one season (no guarantees on next season), so I guess that was to bridge the gap to another QB, but still a bad move IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep LTR and UVA. I have been stating these very things for nearly two years now only to hear that we need to give Snisher MORE TIME! Horse shit I say.

I'm fine with Snead. Fisher can go and will soon (unless the Rams suddenly start winning before he's dumped). A new coach could very well want his own GM hire though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not shopson. That dumb bastard got snookered on the way to the john at the owners meetings and accepted that ridiculous fire sale we gave up for Goff.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it says to me is that he also knew Bradford wasn't the answer. Trading one QB to tread water with for another (plus a 2nd round pick and a 1 round upgrade on another pick) is a great deal in that case.

The unbelievably stupid move was to then extend Foles. If he knew Foles wasn't the answer, why extend him? It is essentially only for one season (no guarantees on next season), so I guess that was to bridge the gap to another QB, but still a bad move IMO.

No, the unbelievably stupid move was to release Keenum and then trade a draft pick to get him back from Houston. Extending Foles was dumb as well I'll admit and it looks like drafting Mannion wasn't a great idea either. This team doesn't have much of a clue at all when it comes to trying to run an offense.