• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest here, they didn't 'know' a damned thing other than the facts.

They knew that Foles had a hell of a year with lots of TD's and very few INT's.

They knew that Foles had a tough year and an injury the next.

Not having a franchise QB was and had been killing their progress over the last 3 years.

So they were damned if they extended him and he failed and damned if they didn't extend him and he succeeded and he went off to free agency.

Look Vita, I respect you and NEVER had a prob with you. But extending a guy when they're claiming now they KNEW he wasn't the right guy is CRAZY!!! That's what this is about.

Let's put it like this...If you were dating Elizabeth Hurley but knew that Minnie Driver was the right woman for you, would you ask Elizabeth to marry you? Replace the women however you'd like, but I think you know what I'm saying...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Vita, I respect you and NEVER had a prob with you. But extending a guy when they're claiming now they KNEW he wasn't the right guy is CRAZY!!! That's what this is about.

Let's put it like this...If you were dating Elizabeth Hurley but knew that Minnie Driver was the right woman for you, would you ask Elizabeth to marry you? Replace the women however you'd like, but I think you know what I'm saying...
I'm sorry telling you the truth is so troubling LTRF but you are blinded by the lie this kid Blaine Grisak is selling you.

Blaine-Grisak_avatar_1453492204.jpg

Why did he leave out the stipulation?

Dude wanted to get clicks, so he misquotes Snead and makes it sound like Snead knew something he had no real idea about.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell are you talking about?
That kid is the guy who wrote the article you quoted. He titled his article to make a story out of nothing at all but a simple comment on solutions to the Rams QB situation and options.

If you listen to the podcast you will see he misquoted Snead.

It was done purposefully to mislead the reader.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kid is the guy who wrote the article you quoted. He titled his article to make a story out of nothing at all but a simple comment on solutions to the Rams QB situation.

So even if what the articles say isn't true, is extending Foles still not a mistake? Afterall, our coaching staff has already claimed that Keenum was our guy and we just traded for the number one overall pick. We also have a third round QB pick from last year on our roster. Where does Foles fit in here?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So even if what the articles say isn't true, is extending Foles still not a mistake? Afterall, our coaching staff has already claimed that Keenum was our guy and we just traded for the number one overall pick. We also have a third round QB pick from last year on our roster.
In hindsight yes.

But, we all know they were covering their asses. (Just like with this trade up to get Goff)

Had Foles returned to his Pro Bowl form and the Rams sat on their hands and failed to extend him when they had the chance, they would be taking more heat then they are now!

Where does Foles fit in here?
He doesn't, just another negative C.O.G.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight yes.

But, we all know they were covering their asses. (Just like with this trade up to get Goff)

Had Foles returned to his Pro Bowl form and the Rams sat on their hands and failed to extend him when they had the chance, they would be taking more heat then they are now!

While I agree with you, our team sat on our hands re-signing quite a few other players over the past year which might have been more beneficial to re-sign before/at the same time as Foles!!! :suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with you, our team sat on our hands re-signing quite a few other players over the past year which might have been more beneficial to re-sign before/at the same time as Foles!!! :suds:
Again, in hindsight they were absolutely more beneficial, but you know the QB spot is unique.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I wish we weren't in this spot and had a QB we could rely on year in and year out but until we do, I really can't blame whoever is in charge for doing what they can to make that shit happen.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I wish we weren't in this spot and had a QB we could rely on year in and year out but until we do, I really can't blame whoever is in charge for doing what they can to make that shit happen.

In a way, that's another thing that has bothered me...I don't feel like we have had such a complicated, pass happy offense where the QB is SO important. Even with a so-so O-line, I don't think a guy like Foles should've had as big a problem as he did. Sure we didn't have the best targets for him to throw to, but even when they seemed to be open and he had time to throw, his passes were WAY off, which was a bit scary...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way, that's another thing that has bothered me...I don't feel like we have had such a complicated, pass happy offense where the QB is SO important. Even with a so-so O-line, I don't think a guy like Foles should've had as big a problem as he did. Sure we didn't have the best targets for him to throw to, but even when they seemed to be open and he had time to throw, his passes were WAY off, which was a bit scary...
Our system is a pressure cooker, I'd trash is myself. You know the Rams are going to run, run, pass on a lot of offensive sets which puts the QB under a lot of pressure on third down conversions.

Defenses love playing the Rams because it's 8 or 9 in the box on 1st & 2nd downs and 'smear the queer' blitzes on 3rd downs!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our system is a pressure cooker, I'd trash is myself. You know the Rams are going to run, run, pass on a lot of offensive sets which puts the QB under a lot of pressure on third down conversions.

Defenses love playing the Rams because it's 8 or 9 in the box on 1st & 2nd downs and 'smear the queer' blitzes on 3rd downs!

True, but has that really changed yet, or will it? I mean of course Goff will have to pass, but everyone will know that Gurley is going to be the focus of our offense. Of course, if Goff comes out and shows he can be a DANGEROUS NFL passer, then it's a whole different story...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but has that really changed yet, or will it? I mean of course Goff will have to pass, but everyone will know that Gurley is going to be the focus of our offense. Of course, if Goff comes out and shows he can be a DANGEROUS NFL passer, then it's a whole different story...
I don't even know if it changes then my man. Fisherball is probably always going to be played close to the vest no matter the talent of the offensive players.

Fisher probably struggles to score with Brady, Gurley, Megatron & Gronk all behind the Cowboys O-line. :nod:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know if it changes then my man. Fisherball is probably always going to be played close to the vest no matter the talent of the offensive players.

Fisher probably struggles to score with Brady, Gurley, Megatron & Gronk all behind the Cowboys O-line. :nod:

OK, now you're scaring me a bit lol...I also see that you aren't disagreeing with myself Retro et al...:suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, now you're scaring me a bit lol...I also see that you aren't disagreeing with myself Retro et al...:suds:
I think you hit the nail dead square on the head LTRF.

When looking at these things, I often post in terms of what I believe the Rams' mindset is on the matter, not so much to defend their actions. (I know it can seem that way though)

I vent a little, but my actual opinions are mainly reserved for what I think they can do and not so focused on past errors because usually those things in the mirror are a lot easier to poke at, and I just don't see the fun in that.

All in all, I think Snisher has put together a better team on the field each year than the prior year despite the record. To me this WAS the make or break year, when record absolutely mattered, but the Rams brass caved due to a variety of factors and 'allowed' Snisher this last ditch effort to make their case with some perceived talent behind center.

I do think they bought 2 to 3 more years in the process, (2 for sure) but they will need to make the playoffs in at least one of the two years (2016 or 2017) to get that 3rd year.

Personally, I really wish we could have drafted straight up and not made the move to get Goff. Too much of a gamble for my liking and if it doesn't work out 'well' (And that's the standard, it needs to work out 'well') the guys who took the gamble will be long gone and the next set of dudes, no matter how talented they might be, will be behind the eight ball from the starting gate.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Foles was traded for thinking he'd be the savior or answer at QB. I think it was just as much moving Bradford and his salary to open up opportunities in different areas to sign FAs as much as it was giving Foles an opportunity + getting a 2nd rounder. I'd still do it. But i would have taken Conner Cook with that 2nd rounder.

Cook and Foles > Bradford and that salary all day.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA today released a ranking of the NFL coaches...Fisher? number 22, and he's LUCKY to be that high...

Ranking all 32 NFL head coaches, from worst to first

The quote about Fisher: "How does this guy still have a job? People complain about Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati, but at least he gets his teams to the playoffs. Fisher hasn’t produced a winning record in seven years. The offense has been dreadful during his run and the defense, which has been loaded with talent, has underachieved."

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA today released a ranking of the NFL coaches...Fisher? number 22, and he's LUCKY to be that high...

Ranking all 32 NFL head coaches, from worst to first

The quote about Fisher: "How does this guy still have a job? People complain about Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati, but at least he gets his teams to the playoffs. Fisher hasn’t produced a winning record in seven years. The offense has been dreadful during his run and the defense, which has been loaded with talent, has underachieved."

Hmmm....pretty sad, I would bet also that Fisher is among the top 10 highest paid as well. :mad2: