• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think racism had no part in the Ferguson clash?

If the roles were reversed, the black guy would be punished to the nth degree of the law, as is virtually always the case with assaulted cops.

If the roles were reversed and it was five white guys from the team (say Chris Long, James Laurinatis, Johnny Hekker, Greg Zuerlein and Austin Davis) doing the same thing as those five on the field for a slain white cop by a black cop, every liberal group, civil rights group, etc... would be demanding their immediate blackballing from the league for the incident and never would've heard the end of it until those players paid the price for what they did. And that probably would've happened because if Kroenke was well into the planning stages for LA, he's not going to want to get on the league owners bad sides (or Los Angeles') with this and screw that up.

And if it was the same incident with the same exact result, I'm sure the same verdict would've been handed down and the charges against the black cop would've been dismissed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the roles were reversed and it was five white guys from the team (say Chris Long, James Laurinatis, Johnny Hekker, Greg Zuerlein and Austin Davis) doing the same thing as those five on the field for a slain white cop by a black cop, every liberal group, civil rights group, etc... would be demanding their immediate blackballing from the league for the incident and never would've heard the end of it until those players paid the price for what they did. And that probably would've happened because if Kroenke was well into the planning stages for LA, he's not going to want to get on the league owners bad sides (or Los Angeles') with this and screw that up.

And if it was the same incident with the same exact result, I'm sure the same verdict would've been handed down and the charges against the black cop would've been dismissed.

You can't simply reverse the situation and expect the same outcome in a country that is controlled by white people and that enslaved black people for hundreds of years. Racism comes from a place of power, not minority.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Racism comes from a place of power, not minority.
The media 'is' a place of power, and the 'majority' of media exploited those unfortunate circumstances in Ferguson.

So to answer your first question, yes racism was involved, just not only white racism. In the Ferguson clash, 'racism' raised it's ugly head and took huge steps backward in the evolution of race understanding and wellness on all fronts.

When asked to support or refute the 'Hands Up, Don't Shoot' moniker, I believe it's foundation origin is flawed. This flaw is a fundamental reason why those who oppose this message have trouble with those making the statement.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a granddad and all of my life people have been at odds with each other over race. Nothing seems to have changed. Black folks still remember Jim Crowe and slavery and they make a connection with that and life as it is today. White folks feel that it's time to heal and believe we should put those days and deeds behind us. The Black lives matter people and the sympathetic media have done a very good job of stirring things up for better of worse. However when players on my favorite NFL team raised their hands in the air I didn't like it at all. Anything that is divisive at a time like this is just more fuel for the fire. There is a fine line between protesting for change and protesting to anger and divide.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Fisher let it happen just like that ridiculous move Fisher pulled in Washington. Both moves were bush league and just demonstrates that Fisher is not a developer of winners. He is a drama queen, bullshit artist!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well bottom line is they were supporting a thug, like most people they only see what they want to see, and the facts were the facts, that's fine if you want to support someone that deserves to be supported, many black people have gotten raw deals, but the Ferguson situation was just a bunch of blacks stirring things up!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The facts on Fergusom as I see it.

1) black dude was wanna be thug
2) all white police force in a predominantly black neighborhood - this has now changed
3) many of the "rowdy" demonstrators were paid or were there from out of town to cause havoc - even some of the locals were telling them to go home if they can't protest properly.
4) hoodlems were looting and robbing liquor stores - we haven't seen that since LA riots
5) a lot of racial tension was there before this incident even happened
6) the media fed the situation and didn't help it one bit

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the narrative of the BlackLivesMatter turd movement was founded on lies and falsehoods.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is we had better find a way to get together in this nation or we are screwed. Many within the media and the federal government as it consists today seem to enjoy the widening gap between races and classes of Americans. Makes me think of that old adage...divide and conquer. Lets show the dividers that their scheme will not work. Ignore the haters and the dividers and shun the nasty angry types in the media and look for good in all people. All Lives Matter. Except the 49ers.....:D

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well bottom line is they were supporting a thug, like most people they only see what they want to see, and the facts were the facts, that's fine if you want to support someone that deserves to be supported, many black people have gotten raw deals, but the Ferguson situation was just a bunch of blacks stirring things up!

Well Rams88 I call :bullshit:on your:bullshit:and raise you two:bullshit::bullshit:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammies out of the news right now, so not much to bitch about?