• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly definitive.

Keith Null
Brock Berlin
Scott Covington
Steve Walsh
TJ Rubley
Steve Dils
Dieter Brock
etc...and those guys all STARTED at least one game (Brock almost an entire season).

Dumping on Mannion before he even gets a chance is just too soon. The Rams turned to Keenum before Mannion because they didn't want to rush the rookie.

Their information on Gilbert is wrong as well; he was the LAST qb drafted in 2014, but the article implies that they passed on Murray, McCarrron, and Mettenberger to draft him, when they all were off the board already in the 5th and earlier in the 6th, while the Rams didn't have a 5th rounder. Besides, if a late 6th round pick is just taking a flier on a formerly highly rated player to see if he could be salvaged. Patriots tried to do so too, followed by the Lions and then the Raiders.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly definitive.

Keith Null
Brock Berlin
Scott Covington
Steve Walsh
TJ Rubley
Steve Dils
Dieter Brock
etc...and those guys all STARTED at least one game (Brock almost an entire season).

Dumping on Mannion before he even gets a chance is just too soon. The Rams turned to Keenum before Mannion because they didn't want to rush the rookie.

Their information on Gilbert is wrong as well; he was the LAST qb drafted in 2014, but the article implies that they passed on Murray, McCarrron, and Mettenberger to draft him, when they all were off the board already in the 5th and earlier in the 6th, while the Rams didn't have a 5th rounder. Besides, if a late 6th round pick is just taking a flier on a formerly highly rated player to see if he could be salvaged. Patriots tried to do so too, followed by the Lions and then the Raiders.

Well we did get the the NFC Championship game in '85 with Brock under center, so I don't see ANY way he can be considered one of the worst. Especially with those other ridiculous names/players on the list :lol:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Mannion being on the list does make some sense. We took a guy in the third round who will likely NEVER, EVER play a meaningful down of football for us. We have the #1 overall pick who is the future, we have Keenum to bridge the gap and backup, where does Mannion fit in?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Mannion being on the list does make some sense. We took a guy in the third round who will likely NEVER, EVER play a meaningful down of football for us. We have the #1 overall pick who is the future, we have Keenum to bridge the gap and backup, where does Mannion fit in?

Mannion likely slides in to backup after this season if he develops well. Keenum is only under contract for 2016.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^just kidding^^^Actually....I've heard better talk of Mannion thus far from the team than I have Goff. Sounds like Goff will need some time. Id say it appears the battle for #1 is between Mannion and Case...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^just kidding^^^Actually....I've heard better talk of Mannion thus far from the team than I have Goff. Sounds like Goff will need some time. Id say it appears the battle for #1 is between Mannion and Case...

I figure to start the season it'll be Case(starter), Goff#2, Mannion #3...Case and Goff will eventually flip-flop as the season goes on...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure to start the season it'll be Case(starter), Goff#2, Mannion #3...Case and Goff will eventually flip-flop as the season goes on...
Sounds about right and I wouldn't be surprised if we only see Goff and Mannion on the roster in 2017.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Vita. If Case starts the season #1 like Fisher has said it would put the Rams in a very weird position. They would have to admit that the Mannion draft is a complete screw up. Just the way I see it, Goff I hope sits and learns for at least 5 to 6 games. I also want to see Mannion in a real game situation, not just a preseason game but for real. If there is real trade bait, it is Case not Mannion. Mannion and Goff are the QBs to keep.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed my avatar today to one of my favorite Rams Merlin Olsen chatting with a guy that gave me grief as a backup QB in high school, the one and only Conrad Dobler.:nod:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right and I wouldn't be surprised if we only see Goff and Mannion on the roster in 2017.

I'm not a big fan of only having 2 QB's in todays NFL...That means if(God forbid)Goff went down we'd have Mannion and a guy called up from the practice squad? Not sure I like that too much...