• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much respect to those people who go beyond a 40 hour work week, while so many hold out there hand for gov't checks and do nothing.

Working your ass off seems to be in the minority these days. Pretty dam sad

In my industry(Culinary), you WOULDN'T believe some of the "newbies" attitudes...Kids these days think they're going to graduate from cooking school and become a Chef or Sous Chef immediately...Sorry buddy, you have to work your way up like the rest of us(unless you're lucky enough to have a mom or dad rich enough to open you a restaurant). Meaning? start peeling veggies!!!

True story...My first day of cooking school(that we all paid almost $30,000 for), The Chef looks around the room and says "Within FIVE years, 75% of you will be out of this business."
I'd say he underestimated the number...Now almost 20 years later, I wonder if anyone but myself is left from my class...

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't work many hours but I work really hard when I do work (15 hours a day)...ranching and a few acres of Avocados pays the bills. For play money my wife is an artist. Our theory is don't work for money...work for fun the money will follow if you love what you do. :thumb:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't work many hours but I work really hard when I do work (15 hours a day)...ranching and a few acres of Avocados pays the bills. For play money my wife is an artist. Our theory is don't work for money...work for fun the money will follow if you love what you do. :thumb:

This I like. Where is your ranch?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds a lot like a new acquaintance of mine. He works puts in 12 to 15 hour work days and has a few acres of Avocados in the Temecula Valley (10 acres). I know it's not you, because unlike you, he doesn't care for sports too much.

Like Junkie, I just found this lifestyle very intriguing, well except for his travel to his regular job. He drives anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours each way to get to work depending on traffic.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds a lot like a new acquaintance of mine. He works puts in 12 to 15 hour work days and has a few acres of Avocados in the Temecula Valley (10 acres). I know it's not you, because unlike you, he doesn't care for sports too much.

Like Junkie, I just found this lifestyle very intriguing, well except for his travel to his regular job. He drives anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours each way to get to work depending on traffic.

That's where I usually have problems...Right now, I work at a place five minutes from my apartment, one reason is I HATE commuting. If I have a long commute, the way I work, I'm not sure I'd be able to make it home every night without incident lol...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Driving to Tulsa tomorrow man.. 4 howa! You go home now! upload_2016-6-28_14-20-47.jpeg

My office is close to the house in Dallas, but i go to Tulsa or OKC once a month for a few days. Actually nice to get out and see customers. Traffic in the DFW is pretty much bologna!

I really enjoy going to OKC/Norman and talking about how much of a puss Samantha is. Funny thing is over 60% of the people agree. :doh:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10 acres is a lot of land to take care of...I have 5 but only 3 are in production, I had to cut back for drought reasons on the other two. Those trees/bushes will be back to producing in 2018 hopefully...

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you guys mean...Saturday alone was a 14 hour day for me, and I literally worked straight through with only a couple pee breaks. I could've stopped to eat and relax but I can't when I know there's more work to do, plus I was on a roll and didn't want to stop. It's usually to my own detriment because when I get home afterwards my body painfully reminds me I'm in my 40's and not my 20's anymore lol

Well hopefully you won't have to put in those kind of hours to much longer! I remember those days working full time, plus a part time job! Now my body aches if I play 36-54 holes of golf a day, but it's my choice and it more acceptable than aches because of work!

Good luck my friend, it will come!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South end of Monterey county CA about 10 miles from the coast. Soooooo pray for rain PLEASE! lol

That sounds awesome.

We can all pray for rain but it's not gonna matter until that brown cloud of pollution stops coming from China and India and moving east. Yet we punish energy companies in the United States anytime we can

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South end of Monterey county CA about 10 miles from the coast.
Outside of the local company (Whiners and Midget fans) you are one lucky man bunc! That is a beautiful part of the world!

10 acres is a lot of land to take care of...I have 5 but only 3 are in production, I had to cut back for drought reasons on the other two. Those trees/bushes will be back to producing in 2018 hopefully...
Like I said, he is a newer acquaintance, so I could have the details wrong. It's just he, his wife and two young children who work the farm and he puts in those 4 10's with 2 hours + of travel each way to work. 3 days off each week is nice, and it's probably the only way he keeps up with it all, that and like I said, he's young.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the local company (Whiners and Midget fans) you are one lucky man bunc! That is a beautiful part of the world!
Yeah it's nice here, my home is actually in San Luis Obispo county but the ranch is in Monterey county. I got lucky. I took one of those re enlistment payouts from uncle sam and bought this place. Whether it was a smart move is still to be seen. I have a reservoir that is nearly empty so I've had to buy water and have it trucked in. One more summer of that and I'm screwed lol but we are very happy even though we survive paycheck to paycheck. I can be in Big Sur in less than an hour so that's pretty cool. I lease out some acreage for cattle and horses and we also have pygmy goats that I lease to my neighbors when it's grass cutting time. It's all good.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can all pray for rain but it's not gonna matter until that brown cloud of pollution stops coming from China and India and moving east. Yet we punish energy companies in the United States anytime we can
I gonna do some research on that you may have a good point. Normally a drought in California will last 4 to 6 years. This one has been ongoing for nearly a decade.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's nice here, my home is actually in San Luis Obispo county but the ranch is in Monterey county. I got lucky. I took one of those re enlistment payouts from uncle sam and bought this place. Whether it was a smart move is still to be seen. I have a reservoir that is nearly empty so I've had to buy water and have it trucked in. One more summer of that and I'm screwed lol but we are very happy even though we survive paycheck to paycheck. I can be in Big Sur in less than an hour so that's pretty cool. I lease out some acreage for cattle and horses and we also have pygmy goats that I lease to my neighbors when it's grass cutting time. It's all good.

Was just doing some reading about California water the other day. Apparently there is lots of water there, it's just deeper down than was thought...Could be BS, so take it as you'd like :suds:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gonna do some research on that you may have a good point. Normally a drought in California will last 4 to 6 years. This one has been ongoing for nearly a decade.

In this article, look at the graph at the bottom of page 2: Carbon Dioxide Emissions, Change from 1990 to 2014

And where do you think that brown cloud is going? East towards Cali and up the coast all the way to the Artic circle. Look also who is 3rd place at +203% -- Iran. So we cut a deal and lift their sanctions, allow them to make some money from exporting oil, but yet say NOTHING about their carbon emissions which is so much worse than here in the USA. Turn around and then punish the energy companies here in the US. :L

Attachments

• Carbon Emissions Global Agreement Raymond James 12.7.15.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 6

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your "off the wall" comedy break of the day... Yup, this guy is absolutely nuts :lol: