• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lions Den

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's not your first piece of ass.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wondered if adam and eve were the first two god put on this planet and they had two boys Cain and Abel....Didn't someone fuck mommy for us all to exist? So I say bang your cousin because the bible doesn't seem to have a problem with sons and mommies.:yahoo:

Well yeah if you believe in all that.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah if you believe in all that.

Leviticus is very clear, however, that the penalty for sleeping with one's grandkids or daughters-in-law is death. Apparently this was enough of a problem at the time that they felt the need to lay it out in writing.

Now that I think of my last drive through Mississippi, maybe I understand.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leviticus is very clear, however, that the penalty for sleeping with one's grandkids or daughters-in-law is death. Apparently this was enough of a problem at the time that they felt the need to lay it out in writing.

D.I.L.I.L.F.!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are suppose to stone a woman after divorce regardless of who's fault according to bible.

We don't do that anymore, so I say cousin Lu Lu is fair game...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals are reportedly actively looking for a replacement for Darnell Docket, who was lost this week to an ACL.

I think we should try to get a 3rd out of them for Fairley and cut our losses...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tpaulus_2 said:
The Cardinals are reportedly actively looking for a replacement for Darnell Docket, who was lost this week to an ACL.

I think we should try to get a 3rd out of them for Fairley and cut our losses...

:agree:

I was thinking the same thing when I read that last night, Docket's ACL tear and trading Fairley to AZ. Then I came back from fantasy land and realized Mayhew prolly be lucky to get a 4th or 5th rd for the fat-assed, lazy bastid. It's better than waiting for that same round comp pick for him when he signs elsewhere next year and that comp pick won't be coming until 2016. Start with asking for a 3rd round and go from there. Fairley played a bit of 0, 1, and 3 technique at Auburn.

JMO, Be done already with Fairley. I stated before the draft that if we drafted Caraun Reid, he compared favorably to Sammie Lee Hill and should see quite a few snaps this year. Reid has played decent to date with limited snaps from what I've read.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley speaks out about demotion and weight gain

Lions' Nick Fairley breaks silence: 'I want to stay here in Detroit' | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

in a nutshell, Suh talks about how Fairley is more athletically gifted than him and has the opportunity to be better than he is. Fairley is now up to 315 lbs but feels his ideal playing weight is at 305, yet again bad eating habits made his weight balloon for the 2nd consecutive training camp (he clearly stated 2+ months ago how proud he was of his recent change to eating proper foods). When asked if he was dissappointed in losing his starting job to CJ Mosley, Fairley said: "No, No, No, not all."

(by BB_72 :wtf2: JMO, he should be pissed he has let another chance get by him. All this time he should have been on a mission to prove he is worthy of a new contract by being disciplined with his eating habits, work ethic etc. I get it that he has the opportunity to earn his starting job back by why even go this far to have any fuck up at all, not being physically fit and ready to go right now 110%. I've had enough of this kids excuses, regardless of how "athletically gifted" this bitch is or potentially can be, )

Last edited by a moderator:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^ this BS by Fairley

Fairley brushed off questions about his work ethic Wednesday — “It’s still the same. I’m good,” he said — and insisted the way he has handled his demotion has shown improved maturity.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this from the Freep

Mayhew and Co. also will have to take new practice-squad rules into account when making roster decisions. The NFL expanded the practice squad from eight to 10 players, and teams now can add up to two players with two years of NFL service time.

Those rules could factor into the Lions’ decision at cornerback, where Jonte Green joins Chris Greenwood and undrafted rookie Mohammed Seisay as practice squad-eligible players now on the roster bubble.

BB_72... it's now legitimate

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ also, it sounds like the Lions "might consider WR Fuller as a roster player vs. PS"

this from the Freep

At receiver, for instance, Corey Fuller, a sixth-round pick last year, isn’t nearly as polished as some of the veterans in front of him. He doesn’t project to have a big role on offense this year, but his upside is intriguing and, with six inactives per game, it might behoove the Lions to keep him on their 53-man roster, rather than risk him to waivers.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh sees Pro Bowl for Larry Warford this coming year, as he was rated the 2nd best RG by Pro Football Focus last year.

from the Freep
“I personally see Larry as a Pro Bowl guard this year,” said defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, a three-time Pro Bowler himself.

He did not allow a sack last year and has been even been even better so far this summer.

Suh brought up Warford’s name unprompted when asked about the offensive line as a whole.

“They’re always pushing us, and Larry, in particular, a guy that I see every single day, has been growing a lot,” Suh said. “He’s continuing to challenge me as I challenge him.”

Ndamukong Suh predicts Pro Bowl for Detroit Lions' Larry Warford | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will take a 4th or 5th... actually the way the last two drafts have gone. I will take a chance of them getting a mid rounder to workout.

Ohh this is by far one the best post by you all month.... No rainbows just good wholesome thought process.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh sees Pro Bowl for Larry Warford this coming year, as he was rated the 2nd best RG by Pro Football Focus last year.

from the Freep
“I personally see Larry as a Pro Bowl guard this year,” said defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, a three-time Pro Bowler himself.

He did not allow a sack last year and has been even been even better so far this summer.

Suh brought up Warford’s name unprompted when asked about the offensive line as a whole.

“They’re always pushing us, and Larry, in particular, a guy that I see every single day, has been growing a lot,” Suh said. “He’s continuing to challenge me as I challenge him.”

Ndamukong Suh predicts Pro Bowl for Detroit Lions' Larry Warford | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Practice against the best it is bound to make you better. Look what CJ has done for....wait, nevermind.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Tuesday afternoon the NFL and the NFL Players Association agreed to expand practice squad rosters for this season and next season from eight players to 10. Though the 53-man roster remains unchanged and still holds the highest value, the Lions and every other team now have space to keep additional players when the preseason officially ends.

Practice squad eligibility also was tweaked under the new agreement. In order to qualify for accruing a practice squad season, a player must have a minimum of six games on the practice squad instead of three games, extending the amount of playing time a player can have and still be eligible for the practice squad.

Additionally, teams are now permitted to sign a maximum of two practice squad players who have earned no more than two accrued seasons of free-agency credit. Absent that exception, a player who has earned one or more accrued seasons would not be eligible for a practice squad unless the player spent fewer than nine games on a team's 46-player active list in each of his accrued seasons. That means third-year players could qualify for the practice squad.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take a 4th or 5th... actually the way the last two drafts have gone. I will take a chance of them getting a mid rounder to workout.

Ohh this is by far one the best post by you all month.... No rainbows just good wholesome thought process.

In a vaccuum I'd take a 4th or a 5th, but I believe we'd get a pick at the end of the 3rd round if we lose him in free agency and replace him with a draft pick instead.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to expand game day roster by 2 players. I do this is a start in that direction.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a vaccuum I'd take a 4th or a 5th, but I believe we'd get a pick at the end of the 3rd round if we lose him in free agency and replace him with a draft pick instead.

Tricky trying to assume we get a comp pick after 3rd.

The formula of FA signed $$$ VS. FA lost contract $$$

The one thing most teams do that Lions don't is develope players that step in for FA's leaving, so always have more leaving than signing.

Packers ring a bell.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foozball talk in The Lions Den......

...... Disappointing to say the least.