• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AZ @ DEN to close the preseason

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR is going to be tough

Courtland Sutton
Marvin Mims
Josh Reynolds
Tim Patrick
Troy Franklin
Devaughn Vele

Last year we kept 4 and put 3 on the PS as our WR"s weren't great last year

That leaves the following

Brandon Johnson
Jalen Virgil
Lil J Humphrey
David Sills
Michael Bandy
Phillip Dorsett

Johnson and Virgil are the concerns to me. Both should be on a 53 man roster. It looks like it will be hard to keep either as it is VERY rare a team keeps a 7th WR.

Lil J and Sills seem like dead ringers for the PS. Nobody is going to pluck them and we can bring them up and down when needed.
Dorsett is done here, IMO... Bandy's fade on the PS probably depends on what happens with Johnson and Virgil.

Damari Mathis may start the season on IR but at least it doesn't appear to be a season ender.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dondrea Tillman is a keeper IMO on the roster ..Man I hope we keep him at least on PS

Totaled 92 tackles (51 solo) and 8.5 sacks (55 yds.) during his three years (2022-24) with the Stallions. We could use that

At worst Tillman and Bailey will be on the PS. Bailey had a great camp and is really good in coverage. Tillman has a great motor and gets pressure. Comes down to numbers crunch but at worst both will make the PS.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McTelvin Agim was cut today. See if he ends up on a PS.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Nick Garguilo did nothing to help himself here. Probably a PS spot though.

and Forsyth didn't take the leap we expected with Wattenberg looking like the starting Center. As a team as long as 1 of the 2 does well that is all we need. Seems like Forsyth should make it over Mustipher though.. Will be interesting.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perine is a good back and he didn't play against the Cards - I'd have to say the Broncos might have a contingent deal in place for him.

I have bad nightmares of Branden Johnson somehow ending up with the Chargers.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perine is a good back and he didn't play against the Cards - I'd have to say the Broncos might have a contingent deal in place for him.

I have bad nightmares of Branden Johnson somehow ending up with the Chargers.

Sadly, I could see Brandon Johnson on the Chargers given their WR situation.

The good thing for us (or maybe not for us if we want the draft pick and don't want to hide these WR's on the PS) is that there are also other WR's out there on the trade market due to the same problem we have (which is a good problem) not enough roster room.

Texans will be a hot team on the WR trade market.

John Metchie or Noah Brown could be dealt.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, I could see Brandon Johnson on the Chargers given their WR situation.

The good thing for us (or maybe not for us if we want the draft pick and don't want to hide these WR's on the PS) is that there are also other WR's out there on the trade market due to the same problem we have (which is a good problem) not enough roster room.

Texans will be a hot team on the WR trade market.

John Metchie or Noah Brown could be dealt.
My kid played against Metchie in HS. He had an injury or illness issue last year, if I recall.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kid played against Metchie in HS. He had an injury or illness issue last year, if I recall.

It was his rookie year. He was diagnosed with acute promyelocytic leukemia. (Which he stated typically has a positive prognosis)

He returned last year and rightfully so wasn't at his best less then a year after beating the cancer. This year he appears to be at 100% and has had a great camp and living up to this talent we saw in college. Texans are just a little loaded at WR right now. I think it will take a pretty good offer to get him though. He has been through a lot and has had a fantastic offseason.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen Justin Strnad play so fast and so tough as he did in this game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen Justin Strnad play so fast and so tough as he did in this game.

I thought he showed more this year then ever. He showed what he was in college football. A thumper.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he showed more this year then ever. He showed what he was in college football. A thumper.
He plays fast - because he reads his keys faster - therefore arrives at his spot faster.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when we had a bunch of ILB down for the Browns Thursday night game a few years back. It was the year we went through so many ILB with everyone getting hurt. Micah Kiser started over Stranad in the game and Kiser had a hammy. Strnad went in and was HORRIBLE. Ended up replacing him with Barrington Wade another PS elevation before the game... I thought Stranad might be history after that year. He looked slow and clueless and wasn't making a big impact on special teams. We stuck with him and he improved and became one of our better ST's players. This year he looks even different to me this year. More improvement.

Remember, he was on the verge of signing with Carolina before backing out last minute and re-signing with us.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when we had a bunch of ILB down for the Browns Thursday night game a few years back. It was the year we went through so many ILB with everyone getting hurt. Micah Kiser started over Stranad in the game and Kiser had a hammy. Strnad went in and was HORRIBLE. Ended up replacing him with Barrington Wade another PS elevation before the game... I thought Stranad might be history after that year. He looked slow and clueless and wasn't making a big impact on special teams. We stuck with him and he improved and became one of our better ST's players. This year he looks even different to me this year. More improvement.

Remember, he was on the verge of signing with Carolina before backing out last minute and re-signing with us.
Who is Stranan?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming you are asking who Justin Strnad is! ILB for us. Wake Forest... In his 5th season.

Shiiiit Mingo, you can't even spell my misspellings right.
Well - it is so confusing when the forum paragon of name spelling blows a name - I get all twitterpated.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - it is so confusing when the forum paragon of name spelling blows a name - I get all twitterpated.
I want to see photos of you getting twitterpated.

Also, it is Brandon Johnson, not Branden.

Sorry, I don’t want to let you down.

In fairness, I did spell his last name right in my post but I also spelled it wrong in the same post. However, you spelled my misspelling wrong, so you ruined your own moment. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see photos of you getting twitterpated.

Also, it is Brandon Johnson, not Branden.

Sorry, I don’t want to let you down.

In fairness, I did spell his last name right in my post but I also spelled it wrong in the same post. However, you spelled my misspelling wrong, so you ruined your own moment. ;)
You have no right to sort things out like this.