• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lions Den

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only two ways I've ever fixed a steak was either on the charcoal grill or frying it up in a pan. So yesterday I decide I'm going to broil one in the oven. Never broiled anything in my life. Didn't even know what it meant.

To make a long story short, the steak turned out great. I'll be broiling more in the future.

However, I have this burn on the back of my hand from learning that when you broil, the heating coils are on top.

I broil a lot in winter months. Two fricken cold to go outside and fire up grill. I love broiling up a ribeye and eggs on the side for breakfast...

Last edited by a moderator:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, broiling is definitely the way to go if you're out of charcoal...

Pan frying steak can be surprisingly good with some recipes. Basically sautee it in butter. Really only worth doing for the 'with tons of sauce' steak recipes like pepper steak, steak Diana, filet en boite, etc. I learned in a restaurant as a kid and it's surprisingly good on occasion.

Broiling is OK, but nothing beats open flame with a bit of hickory in a foil wrapper to provide smoke.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russian online dating? Seriously?

With my luck, I'd end up on the wrong end of one of Barry's drones.

But I don't mind her showing her pillows.

'Russian online dating' always makes me laugh. Better titled, "Try to hire a full-time hooker". Except these hookers are all sociopaths too. I friggin hated it when we had a plant in Russia - the one place I have not liked the people out of maybe 50 countries in which I've spent time.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pan frying steak can be surprisingly good with some recipes. Basically sautee it in butter. Really only worth doing for the 'with tons of sauce' steak recipes like pepper steak, steak Diana, filet en boite, etc. I learned in a restaurant as a kid and it's surprisingly good on occasion.

Broiling is OK, but nothing beats open flame with a bit of hickory in a foil wrapper to provide smoke.

My wife makes a nice pan fried ribeye with a red wine and shallot reduction. One of my favorites for sure...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell you only get like 3 weeks to grill outside anyway. Need fricken snow shoes the 49 weeks.

Pfttt. The grill works just fine in the snow. I wouldn't buy something that expensive that I can only use one month a year when there isn't snow on the ground.

No joke it has been below 50 degrees out every single day for the last 6 or 7 days in a row on my way to work at about 6:30 a.m. It's fucking July and it's hitting the 40's at night. Goddamn soccer moms and their giant SUVs fucking up the climate and such...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping to have my out-door kitchen finished up by the end of the summer, although at the rate I'm going on it that likely won't happen, 'specially since I need to put a new roof on before winter, too.

I bought an old 1950's era Fridgidaire (I think old Foggy had it when he was in college) that I'm turning into a smoker- it's all steel inside and out, and that enamel finish on the inside won't give up any fumes at temp, perfect smoker shell. Then I have a pair of kegs that I'm making a charcoal grill out of, while I'll just set my current gas grill at counter-level. Then, on the end open to the yard I'm doing a Texas-style bbq pit- basically a round stack of stones with a big steel grate across the top to put the meat in.

I also found plans online to build a brick pizza oven, so that's probably going to be next summer's project. I don't think it will be done in time but if it is I'll bring some ribs to the tailgaiting this year.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping to have my out-door kitchen finished up by the end of the summer, although at the rate I'm going on it that likely won't happen, 'specially since I need to put a new roof on before winter, too.

I bought an old 1950's era Fridgidaire (I think old Foggy had it when he was in college) that I'm turning into a smoker- it's all steel inside and out, and that enamel finish on the inside won't give up any fumes at temp, perfect smoker shell. Then I have a pair of kegs that I'm making a charcoal grill out of, while I'll just set my current gas grill at counter-level. Then, on the end open to the yard I'm doing a Texas-style bbq pit- basically a round stack of stones with a big steel grate across the top to put the meat in.

I also found plans online to build a brick pizza oven, so that's probably going to be next summer's project. I don't think it will be done in time but if it is I'll bring some ribs to the tailgaiting this year.

Better hurry. It'll be September in just 3 weeks.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure would like to see the Lions play tonight, but I dont get fsn north. I hope the rookies and others do well. Go Lions

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure would like to see the Lions play tonight, but I dont get fsn north. I hope the rookies and others do well. Go Lions

Live on NFL Network

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the "Shocking French Ad" or whatever that one is. She's got great "personality" going on there.

:whistle:

I remember that one. That was the night that every time I went to post, I'd see her and forget what I was going to say.

Now I'm getting Thai dating. When is it going to be the German dating? I like my women hairy. But if her mustache is better than mine, she's out.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that one. That was the night that every time I went to post, I'd see her and forget what I was going to say.

Now I'm getting Thai dating. When is it going to be the German dating? I like my women hairy. But if her mustache is better than mine, she's out.

Then, my friend, Bulgarian mail-order brides are for you once you buy her a beard/mustache trimmer!

Have you ever read the Big Book of German Humor?

It's written on a postage stamp. One-sided. In 30-point type.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thought about you when I saw the Cowboy dating site... except some of those chics are fugly. Could of used hotter cowgirls.

Just dont see Fog roaming the ranch with a fugly bitch on a horse.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about you when I saw the Cowboy dating site... except some of those chics are fugly. Could of used hotter cowgirls.

Nah, the horses ride the fugly bitches down in those parts. It's called a 'West Texas Donkey Show.'

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Find me a rich, fugly bitch, and I'll ride all day (on a horse).

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

last summer when in Tulsa, OK, for summer track I saw a commercial for 'Farmersonly.com'. It was so funny that I had to go and see what would advertise on such a place. Predictably hard to tell the females from the cattle. The one actually had the motto 'takes two men to hug me and a forklift to lug me'.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last summer when in Tulsa, OK, for summer track I saw a commercial for 'Farmersonly.com'. It was so funny that I had to go and see what would advertise on such a place. Predictably hard to tell the females from the cattle. The one actually had the motto 'takes two men to hug me and a forklift to lug me'.

A co-worker from Banty,OK found a girl from that site and she lived next county over. Took her on a date, hit it off. Second date was great. They went dirt roading and drinking. Started talking and figured out each had a great grandpa that owned huge ranch in New Mexico.

No need to keep going you already know...cousins. To hear him tell the story was priceless. I cried.

Her last words to him that evening before he drove back to his house... "Good thing we figured this out. I had no intentions of going home tonight"

New nickname is cousinfucker

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A co-worker from Banty,OK found a girl from that site and she lived next county over. Took her on a date, hit it off. Second date was great. They went dirt roading and drinking. Started talking and figured out each had a great grandpa that owned huge ranch in New Mexico.

No need to keep going you already know...cousins. To hear him tell the story was priceless. I cried.

Her last words to him that evening before he drove back to his house... "Good thing we figured this out. I had no intentions of going home tonight"

New nickname is cousinfucker

I always wondered if adam and eve were the first two god put on this planet and they had two boys Cain and Abel....Didn't someone fuck mommy for us all to exist? So I say bang your cousin because the bible doesn't seem to have a problem with sons and mommies.:yahoo:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought about the rules on cousins. I probably wouldn't have a problem with it as long as:

(1) she's smokin' hot
(2) she's not your first