• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lions Den

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fluff piece.....It's a flippin toe......I don't care if it's broke in three places, it's a flipping toe and will be fine in 4 months......Maybe if the article said it was amputated I would care, but alittle turf toe or stretched ligament in the toe 4 months out isn't anything......Press strecthing for any piece of garbage to sell the public.

Ligament damage in the toe is some of the slowest to heal because it's almost impossible to keep weight off it. Typically the only way for turf toe to truly heal is for the player to be in a walking boot for several months, which starts to lead to muscle entropy in the lower leg muscles since they're not getting their usual workout. His toe may finally be healed, but the muscles in his foot and lower leg might still need another month of PT to get caught back up.

I had some very minor turf toe in high school and it was a bitch to finally get all healed up. Every time I felt like it had healed I'd try to go full-speed and would re-aggravate it. Tricky spot to heal, all-in-all...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ligament damage in the toe is some of the slowest to heal because it's almost impossible to keep weight off it. Typically the only way for turf toe to truly heal is for the player to be in a walking boot for several months, which starts to lead to muscle entropy in the lower leg muscles since they're not getting their usual workout. His toe may finally be healed, but the muscles in his foot and lower leg might still need another month of PT to get caught back up.

I had some very minor turf toe in high school and it was a bitch to finally get all healed up. Every time I felt like it had healed I'd try to go full-speed and would re-aggravate it. Tricky spot to heal, all-in-all...

Totally 100% agree with you TP, the difference is these guys have all the assests in the world at their disposal. Maids cleaning the house. Cooks making dinner, drivers driving them....No excuse for staying off that foot.....Odds are he will smoke pot to make it go away and Ta Da....Back to square one for a suspension 4 games to start the year....Houston isn't that guy, but come on.....4 months for a TOE? If he's not back I'll be pissed.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This little piggy went to market.....(Willie Young) This little piggy stayed home....(BP)This little piggy had roast beef..... (Staff)This little piggy had none (The pics got screwed up)and THIS little piggy went weeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the way home. (Fairley LeShoure Taxi Service)

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This little piggy went to market.....(Willie Young) This little piggy stayed home....(BP)This little piggy had roast beef..... (Staff)This little piggy had none (The pics got screwed up)and THIS little piggy went weeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the way home. (Fairley LeShoure Taxi Service)

Reminded me of the time a cop about Max's size shoved his service revolver under my chin. I've never held that still in my life.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm proud I didn't shit myself.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's going to win the Kentucky Derby?

John Elway or Sarah Jessica Parker?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJP has been running great since she started mixing honey in her oats. Word is Ferris Buehler has also started going to the whip. :ipw:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJP has been running great since she started mixing honey in her oats. Word is Ferris Buehler has also started going to the whip. :ipw:

That could only make me respect him. Waaaahtoooshh!!!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm joining TPaul on the Donald bandwagon. I don't think he'll be there at 10, but I've got one hand that doesn't have shit in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the best fit for them at #10, IMO. There's too many schemes to name of using him. 5 tech RDE in a 3-4 alignment and have Ansah outside in SAM. Ansah is that flame-thrower edge rusher that Caldwell claims not to have on the roster. He played quite a bit of Sam at BYU in his only year of starting. Plus, Fairley will be gone next year, maybe in this draft should Donald be chosen. Possibly Jax for their two 4th rounder picks. Or just keep and let him walk next and possibly get a 4th but more likely 5th round comp in 2016 for him, depending on who we sign as FA's next year and who else is lost. Donald is ranked overall 7th - 14th on most Big Boards Now.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given where we pick and who is likely to be off the board already I think Donald will be the biggest impact player we'll have a shot at...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given where we pick and who is likely to be off the board already I think Donald will be the biggest impact player we'll have a shot at...

Sounds like if Lovie Smith had his way they would take Donald at #7. Maybe he doesn't make it to 10?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could trade our 2nd rounder this year and our 1st rounder next year to trade up and get Mack, and then use our #10 to get Donald I'd be ecstatic. A play-making Deelineman + a monster LB would make the core of our defense much more formidable. Still doesn't help our secondary (at least not directly), but I'd still be tickled pink if that extremely unlikely scenario somehow came to fruition.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like if Lovie Smith had his way they would take Donald at #7. Maybe he doesn't make it to 10?

Then maybe Mike Evans, who is a popular target for the Bucs in dem mock drafts dey do, would fall to us? I'm not big on the idea of a WR in the 1st round this particular year, but man he'd be hard to pass on if he's there at 10...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tpaulus_2 said:
If we could trade our 2nd rounder this year and our 1st rounder next year to trade up and get Mack, and then use our #10 to get Donald I'd be ecstatic. A play-making Deelineman + a monster LB would make the core of our defense much more formidable. Still doesn't help our secondary (at least not directly), but I'd still be tickled pink if that extremely unlikely scenario somehow came to fruition.

could I pleeez have what your tokin' on OR if you could pull that off, Mayhew (not by his choice) and I would be on the Seychelle Islands (no extradition with the U.S.) and you can run the draft. :nod:

I did read/comprehend the part of your quote "that extremely unlikely scenario."

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had this turrible nightmare last night. I dreamt the draft fell so that the Lions had their pick of several solid players, but they took a TE. I started screaming until I thought my vocal cords would burst. But then I woke up and relief washed over me as I realized I was back in my padded room with my straitjacket firmly secured about me.